2016-17 NBA Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/6/2017 at 1:34 AM, SabresRule7361 said:

I'm probably the only man on the CAVS NOT GONNA MAKE FINALS island, but.... I'm not wavering.

Are we at the point where people just act is if LeBron is always in the Finals or do we have to see the Cavs lose a series?

Because I am still not buying the Cavs.

I don't buy into the ALL THEY NEED IS LEBRON

Well, Love/Kyrie still suck on defense. JR Smith when he doesn't hit threes is useless.

And Tyronn Lue is the modern day Barry Switzer- a guy with a ring in spite of not being a good coach.

If the freaking UConn women can lose..... so can LeBron.

He's not immortal. He's not invincible.

It's gonna happen. The Eastern Conference is not always gonna be The Team With LeBron.

I still think the Cavs can be had

Yes he's been to 6 straight finals. He gets the benefit of the doubt until he does lose. Kyrie is actually very good on defense don't know hat you have been watching. As others have said, lebron teams have slumps every year and always bounce back for the playoffs to run through the east and into the finals.

On 4/6/2017 at 1:55 AM, DG_Now said:

The Cavs have been coasting since the All-Star break. LeBron, more than anyone, knows how to keep gas in the tank.

So, somehow, the Hawks sat their starting five while Cleveland played all their guys, and the Hawks won by 14 points and LeBron played over 41 minutes.

I don't know what to make of this.  I thought I knew some basketball.

You can't stop Tim Hardaway Jr. You can only hope to contain him.

There's still a couple of games left, but let's do end of season awards!

MVP:

1. Russell Westbrook

2. LeBron James

3. Kawhi Leonard

4. James Harden

Honorable mention: Draymond Green

First team

G: Harden

G: Westbrook

C: Rudy Gobert

F: Kawhi

F: LeBon

Second team

G: Curry

G: Isaiah Thomas

C: Anthony Davis

F: Draymond Green

F: Kevin Durant

Third team

G: John Wall

G: Damian Lillard

C: Nikola Jokic

F: Giannis Antetokounmpo

F: Jimmy Butler

DPOY: Draymond

Sixth man: Lou Williams

Most improved: CJ McCollum

Coach of the Year: Greg Popovich

Rookie of the Year: Dario Saric

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Holy crap, the Jazz won the division. Before the season started, that was a distant secondary hope to making the playoffs at all. But here they are, freaking division champs. This team has come one heck of a long way.

To be honest, I don't know how much noise they'll make in the playoffs with Golden State and San Antonio still being walls, but I'd like to believe they could conceivably make a run. They certainly have the defense to do it, and the offense is getting hot at the right time. I'm not saying I'm expecting it to happen, but I'm hopeful that what they have going right now could be something. 

Also, I'm really hoping award voters take a good hard look at Gobert for DPOY. I'm glad he's been in the discussion, but I still don't think he gets the credit he deserves. When Gobert is on, there's very few players in the league that alter the course of games like he does defensively. Blocks (more like spikes in his case), forced shots, plugged lanes, rebounds, messed-up psyches, all of the above; Gobert is THE catalyst for one of the league's very best defenses, and without him they 1) aren't one of the very best defenses in the league, and 2) definitely, positively, don't win the division.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

20 hours ago, DG_Now said:

You can't stop Tim Hardaway Jr. You can only hope to contain him.

There's still a couple of games left, but let's do end of season awards!

MVP:

1. Russell Westbrook

2. LeBron James

3. Kawhi Leonard

4. James Harden

Honorable mention: Draymond Green

First team

G: Harden

G: Westbrook

C: Rudy Gobert

F: Kawhi

F: LeBon

Second team

G: Curry

G: Isaiah Thomas

C: Anthony Davis

F: Draymond Green

F: Kevin Durant

Third team

G: John Wall

G: Damian Lillard

C: Nikola Jokic

F: Giannis Antetokounmpo

F: Jimmy Butler

DPOY: Draymond

Sixth man: Lou Williams

Most improved: CJ McCollum

Coach of the Year: Greg Popovich

Rookie of the Year: Dario Saric

No love for either Lowry or Derozan? 

Both have been more than stellar this year statistics wise, tbh. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Okay... no...

giphy.gif

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/04/08/dallas-mavericks-tony-romo-signed-honored-cowboys-quarterback

Dallas Mavericks are going to sign Tony Romo for 1 day so he can sit on the bench during a game.  

Haters gonna hate yet I fully disapprove of this.  Throw a banner up if you want, but signing a non NBA player as a celeb/athlete to your active roster??  No no no no.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

No love for either Lowry or Derozan? 

Both have been more than stellar this year statistics wise, tbh. 

They're both very good. There are a lot of very good guards in the NBA. If you add DeRozan (Lowry was injured too much), who do you take away?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, 2001mark said:

Okay... no...

giphy.gif

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/04/08/dallas-mavericks-tony-romo-signed-honored-cowboys-quarterback

Dallas Mavericks are going to sign Tony Romo for 1 day so he can sit on the bench during a game.  

Haters gonna hate yet I fully disapprove of this.  Throw a banner up if you want, but signing a non NBA player as a celeb/athlete to your active roster??  No no no no.

It's not like Romo sitting on the bench is stunting the development of a prospect.  Gives Dallas a chance to say goodbye and thank you to Romo.  Neat way to do so.

22 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

They're both very good. There are a lot of very good guards in the NBA. If you add DeRozan (Lowry was injured too much), who do you take away?

Personally, I'd take away Lillard for how poor his team has played this year, even though it is a fair debate. 

Jazz/Blazers last night was a crappy game, but it was great for milestones:

- Lillard dropped a new career high of 59.

- Joe Johnson joined the 20,000 point club.

- Rudy Gobert became one of only 12 players in NBA history with a 1,000 point/1,000 rebound/200 block season.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

49 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Back to back 50 win seasons for Toronto. 

What's crazy is that they have an outside shot at 1st place. Sure, Boston and Cleveland have to lose their final games, but it's possible in theory!

Edit: Probably not. Cleveland already won the season series. Oh, well. Here's hoping they continue to falter.

16 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

It's going to be real nice not having any expectations for the Cavaliers this playoff run again.

You're kidding me, right? The fact they're not doing well & are the defending champs puts every once of pressure on their backs. And so far, it looks like it's breaking them, particularly Lebron. 

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

You're kidding me, right? The fact they're not doing well & are the defending champs puts every once of pressure on their backs. And so far, it looks like it's breaking them, particularly Lebron. 

I said expectations, not pressure. Don't Billy Joel me here.

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

Archived