2016-17 NBA Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

That's twice in 48 hours. Holy crap.

People underestimate how good the Hawks are. They needed time, but are catching their stride & could upset a team in the 1st round if they continue to play this well. It's been a group effort & the guys they've brought in have been handy during this run. Not to mention how well Millsap has looked since he's been back. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

1 minute ago, KittSmith_95 said:

People underestimate how good the Hawks are. They needed time, but are catching their stride & could upset a team in the 1st round if they continue to play this well. It's been a group effort & the guys they've brought in have been handy during this run. Not to mention how well Millsap has looked since he's been back. 

They have a knack for losing to lesser teams and giving the elite teams a run for their money. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks didn't make it out of the first round if they're matched up with the Wizards, who won 3 out of 4 in the season series.

ClAFLDa.png

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

What is parity again?

A lie manufactured by salary-capped sports leagues designed to fool the consumer into thinking that artificially limiting players' salaries is in the interest of competition.

On 4/9/2017 at 9:24 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

We're gonna have teams with losing records in the playoffs... from BOTH conferences.

What is parity again?

That's expected to happen, I'm pretty sure even mathematically, when more than half of the teams make the playoffs.

I like that though.  I like that you don't have to be an elite team to make it to the postseason.  It gives more fans hope, and a reason to keep watching.  In baseball, for example, it's tough to root for a mediocre team because they basically have no chance to even make the playoffs, so why bother.

On an entirely different note, the Pistons just wrapped up their final game ever at The Palace.  They lost a close one but made a pretty good game of it against a good team.

On 4/10/2017 at 10:35 PM, SCalderwood said:

That's expected to happen, I'm pretty sure even mathematically, when more than half of the teams make the playoffs.

I like that though.  I like that you don't have to be an elite team to make it to the postseason.  It gives more fans hope, and a reason to keep watching.  In baseball, for example, it's tough to root for a mediocre team because they basically have no chance to even make the playoffs, so why bother.

On an entirely different note, the Pistons just wrapped up their final game ever at The Palace.  They lost a close one but made a pretty good game of it against a good team.

The ceremonies were lackluster and there was really no buzz. I think a lot of it has to do with the Pistons currently (for the past decade) being garbage, and more so that the Joe's closing night was incredible so it stole all the thunder. Regardless, I'll miss that place but definitely not the drive. The electricity being in there for about 15 games a year from 2002-2007 was incredible. The gong and the flames spewing while Mason yells the names of the starting five still gives me chills thinking about it. 

I definitely would've watched it just for nostalgia's sake, but TNT decided to rip the game from FS Detroit.  

Playoff Predictions? I know there's a few seeds TBD but I cant help myself.

EAST

Boston over Chicago in 6

Cleveland over Indiana in 6

Toronto over Milwaukee in 6

Atlanta over Washington in 7

WEST

Golden State over Portland in 4

San Antonio over Memphis in 4

Houston over Oklahoma City in 5

Utah over LA Clippers in 7 

Boston over Atlanta in 6

Cleveland over Toronto in 6