2016-17 NBA Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's an early sample size and the competition hasn't been the best, but the Hornets are looking pretty good at 4-1. It's tied for the best start of the millennium, and I see this team gel and come together faster than the last few years. It's obviously not championship level yet, but it seems like this team can compete for the division title and possibly a #2 seed.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

17 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Warriors are 4-1 but still look butt this year.

Larry Nance wouldn't have been able to do this on Bogut:

Yeah but I could have swore that the 2010-11 heat were the same and you saw what happened with them or last seasons Cavs for that manner they just need to get use to each other

The Cavs showed in the Finals that interior scoring matters again, and losing Bogut is turning into a big deal. GSW has no faith in Zaza, as he's playing 40 seconds a game, and David West is old. They need to get someone to play interior defense, but if I were one of those guys, I'd rather play somewhere else where you might get the chance to score.

I've read -- but not seen -- that Nerlens Noel is good at defense. Maybe he's the guy for GSW?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, BlackBolt3 said:

I know it's an early sample size and the competition hasn't been the best, but the Hornets are looking pretty good at 4-1. It's tied for the best start of the millennium, and I see this team gel and come together faster than the last few years. It's obviously not championship level yet, but it seems like this team can compete for the division title and possibly a #2 seed.

Check out Kemba Walker with a 30-point game. Is Nic Batum good or what?

EDIT: the 2016-17 Lakers are so, so fun. All of them. It's the Warriors joy of 2013-14 and 14-15, but, you know, the Lakers.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I need to write the think piece comparing the 16/17 Lakers to the 09/10 Thunder before someone else does and it's obvious after the fact. 

Like the Presti Thunder, and unlike the Hinkie Sixers, the Lakers' high draft picks have generally been good, complement each other, and are growing together. Maybe they don't have Durant/Westbrook-level guys yet, but Randle/Nance/Clarkson are at least on a comparative level to Ibaka/Roberson/Adams.  And Russell/Ingram have a high ceiling. 

Playoffs may be possible sooner than you think. A deep playoff run could happen next year, if not expected the year after. 

47 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

Really? even with A.D. And I thought Minnesota was bad

And it's not going to get better soon. That roster is awful. Tyreek Evans has really never put it together as expected, Terrance Jones and Archie Goodwin are on the squad because they can talk about Kentucky basketball with Davis, and their second best player, Jrue Holiday, is out indefinitely taking care of his wife and newborn.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17621862/jrue-holiday-new-orleans-pelicans-indefinitely-wife-gives-birth-prepares-surgery

12 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

And Buddy Hield -- 23-year-old NBA rookie -- is 9-45 from three.

Only proves that Big XII basketball defenses are just as poor as their football brethren and why Bill Self hasn't gotten past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament in 5 of his 13 years at Kansas.

Archived