NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Think the NFL will ever allow the uniform manufacture logo to be moved from the sleeves to either side of the jerseys' chest?

Absolutely, if the advertiser is willing to shell out for the space.

I wish, if it had to be on the jersey at all, that it was above the NOB.  It's pretty obvious why that would never happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:54 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

So they would look like the Colts from 60 years ago?  How is that something to whine about?

To me the Colts pull of the plain blue and white better than the Rams did from 1964-1972. Even with the white helmets, the Colts did have blue pants in 1995 which I thought was good for the look.

Cowboys can pull of the navy and white as the throwbacks (but knowing that navy was not their original color for those throwbacks).

14 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Absolutely, if the advertiser is willing to shell out for the space.

I wish, if it had to be on the jersey at all, that it was above the NOB.  It's pretty obvious why that would never happen.

I'd almost bet the maker's mark moves to the front when the next supplier contract is signed. Happening in the NBA, MLB and really surprised adidas didn't find a way to sneak their logo onto the front of NHL jerseys.

28 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I'd almost bet the maker's mark moves to the front when the next supplier contract is signed. Happening in the NBA, MLB and really surprised adidas didn't find a way to sneak their logo onto the front of NHL jerseys.

But with a league as big and powerful as the NFL they have a lot more leeway in these discussions. It would have to take a very very large deal to put a makers mark on the front of the jersey because the NFL doesn't want anything competeing with its shield on the front.

8 minutes ago, dont care said:

But with a league as big and powerful as the NFL they have a lot more leeway in these discussions. It would have to take a very very large deal to put a makers mark on the front of the jersey because the NFL doesn't want anything competeing with its shield on the front.

Good point, but I feel like the league might want to maximize the apparel deal. Especially with the future of broadcast and how much the networks will pay being kinda in flux.

21 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Good point, but I feel like the league might want to maximize the apparel deal. Especially with the future of broadcast and how much the networks will pay being kinda in flux.

I'm skeptical that the additional income vs. additional cost for Nike would be a positive number.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm skeptical that the additional income vs. additional cost for Nike would be a positive number.

I don't think it would be, either. But it would be significant and the NFL wouldn't want to miss out on that extra cash.

Has anyone gotten the new Vapor Untouchable limited jerseys yet? Do they fit just like the old limited jerseys?

I was about to order a new Dolphins limited jersey when I saw this thread and saw they had the new style. Fanatics has Jarvis Landry in the VU but I'm curious to know if they fit like the old limited jerseys do before ordering.

The XL fits me perfectly in the Game version as well as the former Limited version for reference. Not too big, not too tight.

I haven't seen one in person yet so I can't speak from experience but what I have heard is that they fit the same as the Limited version of the Color Rush jerseys from last year. And what I've heard of those is that they were a little bit more comfortable, had a different material, and the sleeves were more like a normal shirt and didn't fall all the way to your elbows.

33 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I haven't seen one in person yet so I can't speak from experience but what I have heard is that they fit the same as the Limited version of the Color Rush jerseys from last year. And what I've heard of those is that they were a little bit more comfortable, had a different material, and the sleeves were more like a normal shirt and didn't fall all the way to your elbows.

Haha, unfortunately I haven't tried on one of them either. Hopefully someone here has though!

2 hours ago, Rocky Raccoon said:

Haha, unfortunately I haven't tried on one of them either. Hopefully someone here has though!

I can definitely say that there is a big difference.  I purchased the Broncos Color Rush jersey and not only do I love it, it also feels far more comfy than the Manning one I bought from the initial launch of the Nike NFL jerseys

As the vapor untouchable The Limited jerseys have been discussed, what about the vapor untouchable the Elite as I would image the similar type that the 1st round draft players received? It has the elastic sleeves and the Nike swoosh on the right place close to the shoulder area. 

Archived