NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

Can someone tell me why they don't put the bugs in the absolute corners of the screen?  Is it a non-HD thing?  If so, hasn't that ship sailed?  My complaint is that everything on the "small" side of the bug feels totally useless.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The first was an Instagram post by the NFL official account, but after trying to find it it seems it was deleted. The other was in Madden 18 when you first start up the game it talks about all the features and while talking about MUT it showed the Falcons in the throwback uniform with red helmet.

You can unlock the Falcons throwback in Madden Ultimate Team hence why it's shown. Also, Madden has several throwbacks (Patriots, Cowboys, etc.) on the Vapor template but will likely never see the light of day on the field, they're just there due to Nike selling the jerseys.

bSLCtu2.png

Just now, LakeShow24 said:

Thanks, It will be sad to see my Eddie George jersey go. He was my 1st pick in our original draft for dynasty league fantasy football in 2000. But I have all the 2016 and 80's versions on nfl jerseys. It's an odd year so I don't have to buy Lions, Titans until next year when I switch back to current from 80s in the den for 2018. 

1 hour ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Are the Dolphins changing next year or 2019 or 2020. Browns 2020, Rams 2020. Chargers? 

Titans are changing in 2018 by word of their owner.

Browns stated that they could change up their unis in time for the 2020 season when the 5-year window on their current unis closes (main gripe from the team was about the number material).

Rams are changing in 2020 when they move into their new stadium (was 2019 but got moved back due to inclement weather hindering the stadium's progress).

No actual word on the Dolphins or Chargers, though the Dolphins' 5-year window does end in time for 2018. However, they'd have to have applied for new ones by now and I don't think they're tired of their current set yet, and the LAC have yet to verbally commit to any sort of change such as to, for instance, powder blue as a primary.

Noteworthy is that the Nike-NFL deal will last through the 2019 season (started in 2012 and was originally supposed to go for five years before a short extension). I wouldn't think that the league has any major issues so far with Nike's work (aside from having a hard time with creating greens and templates without sweat boxes, though both seem to have been fixed), though it strikes me as a bit sus that the extension they did seems so short and that the deal it could potentially be over by the time the Rams unveil their uniforms. How would Nike handle that? Would they pressure LAR to rush the roll-out if they knew that they wouldn't be the supplier around to unveil their design?

That's all the news we have for any changes whatsoever.

12 hours ago, Gupti said:

Noteworthy is that the Nike-NFL deal will last through the 2019 season (started in 2012 and was originally supposed to go for five years before a short extension). I wouldn't think that the league has any major issues so far with Nike's work (aside from having a hard time with creating greens and templates without sweat boxes, though both seem to have been fixed), though it strikes me as a bit sus that the extension they did seems so short and that the deal it could potentially be over by the time the Rams unveil their uniforms. How would Nike handle that? Would they pressure LAR to rush the roll-out if they knew that they wouldn't be the supplier around to unveil their design?

I just don't know if any other company can compete with Nike for NFL rights.  Don't see UA matching Nike's offer.  Reebok's pretty much out.  adidas probably can't put the NFL as their #1 priority.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived