NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

A thought/idea popped into my head:

The Toronto Argonauts of the CFL look like what the Steelers SHOULD look like (but with a few minor changes and a color swap of course)

20170616_D5_1884-1600x1253.jpg

Wait, how so?  Are you suggesting they would look better with black pants to match the jerseys?

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Wait, how so?  Are you suggesting they would look better with black pants to match the jerseys?

Not better, but a great addition. Add some matching white pants while you're at it too. I understand the whole "they only need the yellow pants! It's history!" but that didn't stop them from going all black for Color Rush (which side note, is a beautiful uniform) and it certainly didn't stop the Packers, another strictly yellow pants team, from going all white. It also wouldn't hurt Pittsburgh to go back to block numbers and with outlines. The font they use now is horrendous.

Slap another logo on the other side of the helmet as well. *ducks for cover*

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Yes. Add some matching white pants while you're at it too. I understand the whole "they only need the yellow pants! It's history!" but that didn't stop them from going all black for Color Rush (which side note, is a beautiful uniform) and it certainly didn't stop the Packers, another strictly yellow pants team, from going all white. It also wouldn't hurt Pittsburgh to go back to block numbers and with outlines. The font they use now is horrendous.

What do you mean "didn't stop them"? Color Rush kind of leaves teams no choice but to change their pants, if nothing else, and the Packers only went with all-white to avoid looking too foolish in monochrome.

On 9/29/2017 at 10:05 PM, SFGiants58 said:

If that's the case, I hope the Vikings do a whiteout at some point. I really want to see this style back in action with the current set:

ffc02b64da8111dff69e391b77f87e0e.jpg

The Vikings pulled off the white facemask look perfectly. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I like it when facemasks "stand out" on a uniform. It's why I defend gray facemasks for some teams.

That's a great unIform.  I'm a sucker for traditional looks.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

What do you mean "didn't stop them"? Color Rush kind of leaves teams no choice but to change their pants, if nothing else, and the Packers only went with all-white to avoid looking too foolish in monochrome.

I used to think the Packers should wear white pants on the road against the Steelers, Redskins, and non-stupid L.A. Rams, but Color Rush made me realize how bad and un-Packers it looks. And they subjected fans to this at home games!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Here’s an interesting subtlety I’ve noticed this season. As seen at the end of the video clip below, the Eagles have been using a two-tone green version of their logo rather than the usual black and green for some social media purposes. I don’t think there’s anything to read into it, I just thought it was an odd move. 

8 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Here’s an interesting subtlety I’ve noticed this season. As seen at the end of the video clip below, the Eagles have been using a two-tone green version of their logo rather than the usual black and green for some social media purposes. I don’t think there’s anything to read into it, I just thought it was an odd move. 

I've been noticing this as well over the last month or so. Their usage of this mostly green version is becoming more prominent in their posts and promo. I have no problem with the current "midnight green" but the usage of black can sometimes be pretty heavy when it really isn't necessary. I absolutely despise their black 3rd jersey, especially when used with the black pants.

I wouldn't be sad to remove the black or tone it back considerably.

For reference, this is a comparison between what is considered their official logomark compared to what they have been using lately in social:

sOUoa98.png

Shaun Rajewski
Lead Developer, Founder
Epic Web Studios LLC.

18 hours ago, Wandell said:

Color Rush is just one more thing the NFL has screwed up. I think it would be awesome if they didn't make teams wear the color matching socks and cleats!

I think color rush should've been handled as a "colors" rush.. To basically try to have teams wear all colored uniform elements (helmets aside) and play color vs color games.. That way you could have Broncos in B/O/B vs the Chiefs in R/Y/R or something like that.. It would certainly be better than the monochrome nonsense and horrible uniforms (looking at you, San Francisco)

3 hours ago, CoasterLine said:

I've been noticing this as well over the last month or so. Their usage of this mostly green version is becoming more prominent in their posts and promo. I have no problem with the current "midnight green" but the usage of black can sometimes be pretty heavy when it really isn't necessary. I absolutely despise their black 3rd jersey, especially when used with the black pants.

For reference, this is a comparison between what is considered their official logomark compared to what they have been using lately in social:

sOUoa98.png

Maybe it's nothing, like others have said, but I would be thrilled if the Eagles dropped black and went with a green/silver color scheme. If they were to change and the colors are correct in those images, the darker green is great. 

31 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I think color rush should've been handled as a "colors" rush.. To basically try to have teams wear all colored uniform elements (helmets aside) and play color vs color games.. That way you could have Broncos in B/O/B vs the Chiefs in R/Y/R or something like that.. It would certainly be better than the monochrome nonsense and horrible uniforms (looking at you, San Francisco)

I'd argue that if they wanted it to LOOK good, there was no need to change from regular uniforms.

It's where I sit.

56 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Maybe it's nothing, like others have said, but I would be thrilled if the Eagles dropped black and went with a green/silver color scheme. If they were to change and the colors are correct in those images, the darker green is great. 

I hadn’t noticed it, but I don’t like it. Looks washed out. The current logo and uniform scheme really needs black to work. I’d be fine with dropping black, but only if they made a host of other changes as well so they don’t look like faded versions of themselves. 

They’re not going to Kelly anytime soon, as they’re on record as saying they want to test it as an alt / throwback first, but can’t while the one-helmet rule is in effect. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, Gobbi said:

The Jets have been doing something like that too in their social media pages. They use a lighter shade of green. 

XM4KeeA.png

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I hadn’t noticed it, but I don’t like it. Looks washed out. The current logo and uniform scheme really needs black to work. I’d be fine with dropping black, but only if they made a host of other changes as well so they don’t look like faded versions of themselves. 

They’re not going to Kelly anytime soon, as they’re on record as saying they want to test it as an alt / throwback first, but can’t while the one-helmet rule is in effect. 

I guess I can agree that the logo looks just as good with black and the logo holds up really well, considering it is 20 years old.  Black is dated though and the uniforms are dated. Dropshadows next to dark gray and dark "green" with a bad custom font- no thanks.

You're right though, you can't just take black away from the current set and call it a day, it needs black to look right, but I still don't think it's a good look.

I'd like to see something really simple from the Eagles using the current midnight jade?, maybe a touch greener and less blue with silver numbers and wings trimmed/highlighted in white with some silver pants and simple striping. I could care less about Kelly green, it suits the Jets better anyway, IMO.

5 hours ago, CoasterLine said:

sOUoa98.png

Thanks for the side by side shot. I'm a fan of the midnight green too... I like how they own a colour that's unique in the "big four". If they were to shift to this double green (and I don't believe they actually will) they would have to stick with the current green as the base colour for their jerseys. Using the darker green on the right would result in them looking like they're just wearing black. 

4 hours ago, insert name said:

The Jets have been doing something like that too in their social media pages. They use a lighter shade of green. 

Yeah, but do the Jets recolor their logo?  Or do they just use the lighter green as an accent on graphics?

Archived