NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

14 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Easy. Use smaller numbers for the back of the helmet. You could easily fit two didgets in the space that “4” takes up if a smaller font was used. 

They don't even need the numbers at all.   They're just there to identify the helmets for the players.  If the players really need that on the outside, it can be so small as to be barely noticeable at any distance.

AP_221066167305-e1444770973262.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've spitballed this a bit in the past, but has anyone whipped up a concept with the Dolphins' current aqua with the old style jersey and brighter orange? As much as the current logo's too bloated and the orange is way too muted and underutilized, I like that shade of aqua a lot 

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is a terrible opinion.

As much as the throwbacks are far better than the current uniforms, that's exactly what they are. Throwbacks. They served their purpose in their time and should be left as such, save for the 1 or 2 games a year as it is now.

4 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

As much as the throwbacks are far better than the current uniforms, that's exactly what they are. Throwbacks. They served their purpose in their time and should be left as such, save for the 1 or 2 games a year as it is now.

Says the guy with the throwback Redskins logo as his avatar.

Sorry - couldn't resist. :-)

It's where I sit.

heres some of my favorite shots from last night's game. this was such an excellent week for the creative team, not only because we all get excited about the throwbacks, but we pushed the gameday look to the next level. we had Jon Contino make some faux-back logos, a wordmark we used on the Gameday Playbook, and the other we used as the image bug. We also had a new photo treatment similar to the 2015 game against the Giants, but even better. every shot looked amazing and theres so many more we havent posted yet that will definitely make our Best Of 2017 book.

D0jmA7v.jpg

MpjkZC6.jpg

kC8yYJF.jpg

O2P2Qwo.jpg

7pPkWtR.jpg

EQUAYBN.jpg

ODK2RtX.png

1yAojLD.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm a proponent of the new Dolphins logo.  I'm a big fan of silhouettes and a big hater of campy cartoon logos.  But almost* everything else looked better last night: the color balance, the number font, the sleeves, the helmet stripes.  I'd like them to stick with the "soulless" logo but go with the rest of the look.

*Well, the gray facemasks.  Put blue, or even white, facemasks on the helmet.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Dolphins looked gorgeous last night.

Using them full time would be awesome but I could live with them staying as twice a year throwback if they fixed 2 things about their current set.

1. Change the garbage resort/cruise line/toothpaste logo back to a helmet wearing Dolphin of some kind. Either the 97-12 logo with updated color palate on some newer design based on that principal (Think Vikings or Cardinals logo updates).

2. Make orange more prominent. It’s barely noticeable at all right now.

6 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

this was such an excellent week for the creative team, not only because we all get excited about the throwbacks, but we pushed the gameday look to the next level. we had Jon Contino make some faux-back logos, a wordmark we used on the Gameday Playbook, and the other we used as the image bug. We also had a new photo treatment similar to the 2015 game against the Giants, but even better. every shot looked amazing and theres so many more we havent posted yet that will definitely make our Best Of 2017 book.

ODK2RtX.png

I love that football-shaped logo.  Really nice.

I’ve long thought that the helmet logo could be simplified somewhat, but that Dolphins look is just about perfect. 

I don't think you can use that particular Dolphins throwback logo full time in the modern era.

However everything else about the design is so beautiful. The deep aqua and orange, the striping pattern which looks really slick on a modern cut football jersey. The socks.

If I were building the next Dolphins set, i'd take the throwback jersey and socks as they are. I'd update the pants stripe to fit in better with the set, and i'd change the logo to something with a bit more character. The rest of it is perfection.

5 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

I agree completely.  What if they removed the navy from this logo and rendered it with just aqua and orange?  Could it be done?

875.png

I say just keep the navy in that logo. Having a logo-only color isn't the worst thing in the world, other than that threat of a navy alt hanging out there. The Chiefs and the Blackhawks do just fine. Maybe tweak the shade of the darker blue.

10 hours ago, El Scorcho said:

If I were building the next Dolphins set, i'd take the throwback jersey and socks as they are. I'd update the pants stripe to fit in better with the set, and i'd change the logo to something with a bit more character. The rest of it is perfection.

the problem is it wouldnt be different enough to even warrant having the '66 uniform as an alternate. you'd end up with some kind of bastardization of the throwback as the primary uniform. if you did another throwback for the alternate, the 70s/80s unis arn't really that much more unique, they'd probably look like those suggested primarys with a gray face mask to most people, and no chance in hell does Ross approve a throwback to the previous identity (as he shouldnt). our thinking is, no matter what the primary uniform is, lets keep the '66 pure. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

If when they go back to the helmet-wearing dolphin, I hope they retain the sun from the current logo.  I think the two different sizes of rays make it more obvious what they are going for (I thought it was a Sea World hoop when I was a kid).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived