NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

13 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

So, uh, does Jerry Richardson selling mean the Panthers are heading for a makeover?

I would start with wearing black, not white, for home playoff games--as January temperatures in the Queen City do get below 50 degrees very often.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't need a full overhaul.  The logo is fine.    Uniforms need a tweak...  I'd love to see them go with blue jerseys full time, simplify the striping, get rid of the dated angled stripes on the helmet and pants.  Silver helmet is still good.   Blue over Silver or White at home,  White over White on the road.   And save the black over black for color rush.    

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

10 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The Panthers will be getting new uniforms. I'd be stunned if they don't.

I remember people on this board saying the same thing about Penn State a few years ago, and the Nittany Lions are still wearing the uniforms Joe Paterno made famous.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

13 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I remember people on this board saying the same thing about Penn State a few years ago, and the Nittany Lions are still wearing the uniforms Joe Paterno made famous.

If I remember correctly, wasn't the only notable change putting nameplates on the jerseys?

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

hopefully, the new owner of the Panthers brings about some much needed change, starting with the logo. i dont think theres a more poorly drawn piece of art in pro sports. 

Sticking in the state:

fotih31tn5r345nufo5xxayh3.png

Why is there a sliver of space between the red circle and the black swoosh? Why does the red circle just barely overlap the black swoosh?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Sticking in the state:

Why is there a sliver of space between the red circle and the black swoosh? Why does the red circle just barely overlap the black swoosh?

Wow. I really cannot unsee that now.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Sticking in the state:

I can understand why there would be a white space between the red and black circle (so they don’t bleed together) , but the overlapping is strange.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Sticking in the state:

and those points arn’t the end of this atrocity. the shapes look like the were cut with scissors, and in a hurry, rather than drawn with a vector program. this logo, as well as the Panthers, is very obviously done by someone with very little experience 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Sticking in the state:

Damn... cannot un see this now...This looks like the most egregious "Save what you have and submit it now" issue. It's like the gave up trying when i came to the center. what the heck...

3 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

hopefully, the new owner of the Panthers brings about some much needed change, starting with the logo. i dont think theres a more poorly drawn piece of art in pro sports. 

CyIqLsO.png

This log has always reminded me of bitch Stewie

bitch-stewie1.png

This is probably a better subject for an "NFL 2018 Changes" thread, but since the Panthers are being discussed, I'll go ahead and throw this out here...

If I recall correctly, Marvin Lewis had a hand in the Bengals change to their current monstrosities for his second season as head coach.  Now that he's leaving, I hope there's a chance that the uniforms get changed again.  They don't necessarily need to go back to either of the previous two styles, but they might work as a good starting point.

I just want my favorite team to have class, play with discipline, and not be dressed as clowns.  Is that too much to ask?  

1996_Cincinnati.png?61811997_Cincinnati.png?6181

13 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

I just want my favorite team to have class, play with discipline, and not be dressed as clowns.  Is that too much to ask?

Yes. Pick two of three.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

This is probably a better subject for an "NFL 2018 Changes" thread, but since the Panthers are being discussed, I'll go ahead and throw this out here...

If I recall correctly, Marvin Lewis had a hand in the Bengals change to their current monstrosities for his second season as head coach.  Now that he's leaving, I hope there's a chance that the uniforms get changed again.  They don't necessarily need to go back to either of the previous two styles, but they might work as a good starting point.

I would like to see the tiger stripes contained to the sleeve caps, eliminate the white stripe on the black and orange jerseys, eliminate the orange yoke white jerseys and a straight pants stripe with tiger striping down the leg. Elements of the previous uniform, but modernized a little bit

16 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

1996_Cincinnati.png?61811997_Cincinnati.png?6181

The striped shoulder loops rank ahead of what they have now in my book. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The beauty of those uniforms is that they were innovative within a traditional framework.  They had the tiger-stripe pattern, but limited it to places that teams have customarily added striping elements, the UCLA shoulders and down the pants.  Best of both worlds.

On 12/13/2017 at 12:47 AM, Jungle Jim said:

I agree completely.  What if they removed the navy from this logo and rendered it with just aqua and orange?  Could it be done?

875.png

I’ve always kinda liked the helmet that the dolphin is wearing better than the Dolphins’ actual helmet. :P

On 12/19/2017 at 10:31 AM, the admiral said:

Sticking in the state:

There’s a science to composing and constructing vector artwork. Over the years, I’ve found that building great artwork is just as much a skill as the creative part of the process. It’s quite a bit more technical and rigid, though, which is why many designers aren’t good at it, even if they’re good designers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

9 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

There’s a science to composing and constructing vector artwork. Over the years, I’ve found that building great artwork is just as much a skill as the creative part of the process. It’s quite a bit more technical and rigid, though, which is why many designers aren’t good at it, even if they’re good designers.

Indeed. It’s a real skill. 

It just kills me that the Brewers’ throwback logo was accidentally altered when a designer at MLB Properties messed up the Illustrator file.

Archived