Buffalo

NFL 2017 changes?

27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Indeed. It’s a real skill. 

It just kills me that the Brewers’ throwback logo was accidentally altered when a designer at MLB Properties messed up the Illustrator file.

Hey do you have a visual of that? first i'm hearing of it

10 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I’ve always kinda liked the helmet that the dolphin is wearing better than the Dolphins’ actual helmet. :P

Maybe they could have a mascot dress-up uniform where they wear the M on the helmet, and go with Aqua jerseys with BYU-style white bibs and navy trim?

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Indeed. It’s a real skill. 

It just kills me that the Brewers’ throwback logo was accidentally altered when a designer at MLB Properties messed up the Illustrator file.

Are you talking about the webbing in the glove?  That was caused by a goofy error?  You'd think there'd be a vetting process to catch that.  Hilarious.

13 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I’ve always kinda liked the helmet that the dolphin is wearing better than the Dolphins’ actual helmet. :P

There’s a science to composing and constructing vector artwork. Over the years, I’ve found that building great artwork is just as much a skill as the creative part of the process. It’s quite a bit more technical and rigid, though, which is why many designers aren’t good at it, even if they’re good designers.

+1 on the Dolphins helmet

whats most frustrating about logos like the Panthers and 'Canes though, is it gets put through a large process with so many people seeing it before they go out and they still end up where they did. theres lots of variables in the process that could influence the concept or general look, but how many people on the creative side see them and still allow craftsmanship, or lack thereof, like that to go out? maybe one designer works on it, but theres multiple people that get their eyes on it too— design is never done alone. both logos look like first versions that got final approval. 

To me, it's not much of an alternate logo, but for some odd reason I like the inclusion of the circle/ring the Colts are using for their Twitter account:

fT7qaS8R_400x400.jpg

14 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

What’s the point of that supposed to be?

I asked myself that. I don't believe it's for any special occasion of any sorts. Maybe it's "just for looks"?

Whatever it’s supposed to be, it’s a terrible choice.  The circle really clashes with the not-round horseshoe. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

What’s the point of that supposed to be?

Looks like just some design for their social media. It's on their Instagram also, and similar designs are used inside the pics.

Looks weird around the logo inside the avatar though.

It’s fine for dates or list items.  It’s pretty awful around their logo. 

Especially as an avatar.  Why you would want to make your logo less clear and less identifiable is beyond me. 

thats all part of the 2017 Colts marketing campaign, #ColtsForged. a lot of the elements revolve around branding irons and whatnot; horseshoe stuff. the "midwest beige" or whatever (i just call it Farmer's Tan) is a part of that as well. there were some elements i didnt see used this year too like a "100% beef" tag that was intended for OL images that would have expanded this look, but all for the best they kept things to a minimum. as a fan, im not a fan

8 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

thats all part of the 2017 Colts marketing campaign, #ColtsForged. a lot of the elements revolve around branding irons and whatnot; horseshoe stuff. the "midwest beige" or whatever (i just call it Farmer's Tan) is a part of that as well. there were some elements i didnt see used this year too like a "100% beef" tag that was intended for OL images that would have expanded this look, but all for the best they kept things to a minimum. as a fan, im not a fan

Ha. Farmer tan means something different.