NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

39 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Falcons new throwback looks good even with the black helmet. Although the red would look way better imo

tempHero_Composite--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

While the red helmet would be a true throwback look, the black helmet is not bad at all. Only thing that would make this better is if the logo on the helmet had a red outline to match the sleeve logo. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

While the red helmet would be a true throwback look, the black helmet is not bad at all. Only thing that would make this better is if the logo on the helmet had a red outline to match the sleeve logo. 

Good catch on the helmet logo ... you are so right.  The helmet needs some red and matching that logo to the others would do it.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

21 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Falcons new throwback looks good even with the black helmet. Although the red would look way better imo

tempHero_Composite--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

Aren't these technically faux backs? I don't think they ever wore black helmet black jersey white pants...They should have worn grey pants and thrown it back to their super bowl appearance.

13 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

It may be a bit of an unpopular opinion but I love those black helmets. I know people on here prefer the red helmet but I prefer the black helmet. Either way, the simpler logo works much better.

I agree with this. their red helmets are good because they don't use them a lot I feel like if we saw them every game they would lose the uniqueness they have when they wear them.

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

Aren't these technically faux backs? I don't think they ever wore black helmet black jersey white pants...They should have worn grey pants and thrown it back to their super bowl appearance.

You are correct.  I kinda like the white pants, though would have been equally as pleased with silver (well, Nike matte gray) pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is my mandatory yearly wish that the Eagles have something in the works for next season. Never comes true, but the jerseys are looking worse and worse especially since Nike took over.

Even if it's not a full return to Kelly green, drop the black, update the number font...SOMETHING

5 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

This is my mandatory yearly wish that the Eagles have something in the works for next season. Never comes true, but the jerseys are looking worse and worse especially since Nike took over.

Even if it's not a full return to Kelly green, drop the black, update the number font...SOMETHING

Have to disagree with you on most of those points.  I preferred the darker / metallic fabric, but I think they made it through the Nike transition pretty well.

I do hate their "1", which for obvious reasons is going to be the most prominently-displayed numeral both on TV and on merch, so that's an issue.  Also on the white jerseys, the 6, 8, and 9 are hard to tell apart from some angles.  Not an issue on the green jerseys since the outlines are so dark that the thinner white part of the number is very legible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

i actually like the Eagles jerseys especially now that they changed the green slightly. The only change I would make is more green and less black on the white jersey. The practice jerseys look really good with just green nameplates.

13203305-standard.jpg

(Also change from black sleeves to white, except for when wearing the black jersey)

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

55 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I've despised the Midnight Green since inception but I think it looks better under Nike.

I don't mind it when teams try a different shade of a color, and to be fair, Midnight Green isn't that bad (it has ported over to Nike's flat material well), but I just can't quite get over how the color is (ever so slightly) more blue than green and how easily it gets lost in the Eagles' dark palette.

My primary solution would be to make Midnight Green a couple shades lighter, a couple shades greener, and a shade less blue--more like a dark jade. I'd also drop black to trim only (if that) and emphasize silver (or possibly charcoal) more. To wit:

Dark Jade/Silver or Dark Jade/Charcoal.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On 10/20/2016 at 10:29 AM, jmac11281 said:

The Eagles uniforms are so dated. Lighter and brighter colors are back in so they should go back to kelly green. Plus the name and number font is awful.

I agree - a lighter shade of green (if not straight up kelly green) and replacing that font with something maybe a touch blockier would make for a fantastic looking set. I think the design of their uniforms is alright with the contrasting collar and the logo on the sleeves, but midnight green just doesn't work for me. 

I hate the current Eagles uniforms for a variety of reasons and I'm just bone weary of looking at it. Of course my number one choice would be to update the old Kelly and silver uniform, but even if the don't want to go that drastic something has to be done about the current color scheme. Black, charcoal, and their current dark greenish blue are way too similar in terms of value. In most situations they seem virtually indistinguishable. Plus, their color distribution is all over the place... the jerseys are black-blue green-charcoal-silver, the pants are black-blue green-charcoal-no silver, and the helmet is black-blue green-silver-no charcoal.  It's a mess.

Archived