NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

On 2/7/2017 at 10:02 AM, BJ Sands said:

Maybe the same state. 

Giants-Bills was a close, tight game all the way. And back then, a 47-yard kick (on grass) was no guarantee. What the Falcons did was muuuuuuch worse. 

Totally agree. As a Seahawks fan I feel so much better that they are no longer the worst fail in SB history. For the Seahawks, they could at least say one stupid play call cost them the SB. For the Falcons, it was a total collapse that will continue to stick in players' minds no matter how large a lead they hold from now on. Feel horrible for them. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure the Titans getting stopped at the one foot line and losing to the Rams, was worse than the Seahawks loss to the Patriots. The narrative that somehow the Seahawks would've certainly scored had they run the ball is some of the worst Monday morning QBing of all time, given those plays have a less than 50% success rate. 

22 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Pretty sure the Titans getting stopped at the one foot line and losing to the Rams, was worse than the Seahawks loss to the Patriots. The narrative that somehow the Seahawks would've certainly scored had they run the ball is some of the worst Monday morning QBing of all time, given those plays have a less than 50% success rate. 

I'd disagree. The Titans did almost everything they could and just fell short. The Seahawks basically gave the game to the Patriots (giving up 14 fourth quarter points AND throwing a pick at the goal line instead of giving it to Marshawn). The Falcons takes the cake for the worst fail and I wouldn't consider the Titans a fail in the slightest. 

I'd be shocked if they roll out a new logo because of videos of the construction shows the new stadium outlined with all the current logo.

But as for uniforms they can't change those fast enough IMO but these uniforms are also an Arthur Blank's uniforms because it was his first make change that I can think off after the purchased the franchise in the early 2000's.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

4 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

I'd be shocked if they roll out a new logo because of videos of the construction shows the new stadium outlined with all the current logo.

But as for uniforms they can't change those fast enough IMO but these uniforms are also an Arthur Blank's uniforms because it was his first make change that I can think off after the purchased the franchise in the early 2000's.

Renderings mean nothing until the building is complete.  Even the seating sections really don't matter, they could just state it's a wing.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

I'd disagree. The Titans did almost everything they could and just fell short. The Seahawks basically gave the game to the Patriots (giving up 14 fourth quarter points AND throwing a pick at the goal line instead of giving it to Marshawn). The Falcons takes the cake for the worst fail and I wouldn't consider the Titans a fail in the slightest. 

Exactly.  Not only could they have run the ball, they had a timeout to use if the run wasn't successful.  Too late now...

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

3 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I don't doubt they're keeping the logo.  They have too much tied up in it from a marketing standpoint. I'm sure.  But remember, when the 49ers went back to hier classic look, they kept their updated logo.  The falcons could do something similar.  Do a (slight) update on this gorgeous animal...

8041180694_9a60e9ebaf_o.png  

... and slap on the new logo, if you must.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't doubt they're keeping the logo.  They have too much tied up in it from a marketing standpoint. I'm sure.  But remember, when the 49ers went back to hier classic look, they kept their updated logo.  The falcons could do something similar.  Do a (slight) update on this gorgeous animal...

I love that look as much as anyone but I just don't think that slapping their current logo on that helmet would look good.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

39 minutes ago, Weapon X said:

I love that look as much as anyone but I just don't think that slapping their current logo on that helmet would look good.

Well, not simply using the new logo, as is, on the straight forward throwback uniform, no.  But with a few tweaks, I have no doubt they could make it work.  Here's what I'd do;

You'd need to drop the silver outer outline from the current logo.  Honestly, I don't know why it's there anyway... it doesn't even make sense with the current uniform.  A single thin, white stroke is all the logo needs.   I'd also consider shrinking the overall size of the current logo... it's too "bigly" IMO, and would be especially so on a helmet with stripes. As far as the helmet itself, you'd have to lose the gold outer stripes, and probably narrow the white stripes a bit. The black stripe is fine, but that wide white outline looks dated.  And as much as I love a good gray facemask, I'd agree that the current modern logo and a gray mask wouldn't mix well, so the mask would have to go black (and never go back).

As far as the rest of the above uniform, it wouldn't need to change much.  A plain jersey like this could probably benefit from a (very) subtle, unique variation on a traditional block font. I'd personally go with equal sizes on the Braiser stripes on the pants.  And the socks might need a change.   

But this throwback uniform is simply do damn beautiful to sit in a museum somewhere, while the Falcons trot out those tired PYPs. It's time. 

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Falcons could do this:

4mEgvtX.png

You know it's funny you mention this. I was looking at my Falcons pocket pro helnet and the red wasn't as noticeable on the helmet up on my wall. I was thinking this exact same thing. I love it! I'd love the all black helmet and logo of the 90s but it would look good on a red helmet as well.

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Falcons could do this:

4mEgvtX.png

They're not going to do that for the same reason the 49ers kept their revised logo on the throwback uniforms: it doesn't have all the team colors.  You can't slap that logo on a black tshirt or hat and have the red represented. 

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They're not going to do that for the same reason the 49ers kept their revised logo on the throwback uniforms: it doesn't have all the team colors.  You can't slap that logo on a black tshirt or hat and have the red represented. 

I think you're right. The NFL in general doesn't like logos that omit team colors (which is a big reason why the Packers revised their logo in 1980 and the Steelers theirs in 1997).

NSFCvyu.png

6 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

I think you're right. The NFL in general doesn't like logos that omit team colors (which is a big reason why the Packers revised their logo in 1980 and the Steelers theirs in 1997).

Where does this logic come in play with the Rams for 2017 then? If their logos are truly omitting gold during the upcoming season will that be a special case or do you think there would be a surprise uniform tweak?

bSLCtu2.png

3 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Where does this logic come in play with the Rams for 2017 then? If their logos are omitting gold will that be a special case or do you think there would be a surprise uniform tweak?

Honestly I don't know. It might have something to do with their relocation and their (rumored) upcoming uniform change. But I think the gold will be phased out of everything eventually, including uniforms.

There are also logos that are grandfathered in, like the Chiefs.

NSFCvyu.png

12 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

The Chiefs don't have any yellow in their logo, and the Cowboys don't have any shade of silver in their logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived