NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, TJSC said:

Since the Rams will remove the gold from their logo, would this look better?

IMG_4009.JPG

Not terrible. The helmet looks good but the ram horns have never looked bad. Jerseys look a bit bland, but they did before too. A team could certainly do worse.

...that said, this team needs an infusion of yellow!

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Not terrible. The helmet looks good but the ram horns have never looked bad. Jerseys look a bit bland, but they did before too. A team could certainly do worse.

yea, thi uni mock up looks great, but you have to think of it in the big picture. how does navy/white/gray look next to all the other teams? how does their apparel and jersey stand out? can they claim a color palette as their own? this isn't passing the test. they need yellow/gold so they have something that anyone can recognize them for in any application

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

8 hours ago, Primzahl said:

Since the Rams are going back to navy/white then i'd like to see the Chargers do powder blue/yellow.

Not true, they just changed their logo to that color scheme. Their is no indication that their redesign in 2019 will follow that color scheme. 

I wonder when and if NFL teams will eventually switch to Mach Speed or Vapor Untouchable jerseys in the future?  I did like the VU jerseys when they were used in Color Rush games, I kinda hope they do that for regular unis as well.  I am starting to think that the Elite 51 fabric (as well as the Packer/Falcon/Panther true mesh) on Nike jerseys is starting to get a little outdated.

4 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Perhaps, but their regular home and road uniforms have as much yellow as they do powder.

Which is to say not a lot. 

If the Rams go back to something like what they wore last time they were in LA, or even if they just turned the gold in t heir current jerseys to yellow, it would outpace the Chargers' usage. 

On 2/12/2017 at 9:04 PM, MCM0313 said:

I just find it stupid that the Rams are ditching the yellow. They are known for the royal blue and yellow color scheme. I understand why they are going blue and white because of the history of the Rams, but it's still stupid. The owner wants money because he knows that people will buy the merchandise no matter what. I'm not from L.A. so I would like a thought from you about the Rams switching colors. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

What's unclear to me is whether or not the change in colors on all their logos and social media accounts is just to distance themselves from St. Louis and minimize the gold from now until the redesign, or if it's actually an indicator that the new uniforms will be navy and white. I could see an argument for both cases but don't recall seeing confirmation either way.

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

I just find it stupid that the Rams are ditching the yellow. They are known for the royal blue and yellow color scheme. I understand why they are going blue and white because of the history of the Rams, but it's still stupid. The owner wants money because he knows that people will buy the merchandise no matter what. I'm not from L.A. so I would like a thought from you about the Rams switching colors. 

...well, I'm from Ohio and the only two NFL games I've ever attended were in the old Riverfront/Cinergy. I just have strong opinions, and I absolutely LOVED the Rams' look dating back to before they left LA. I was bummed when they switched in 2000 and further bummed when they dropped the metallic gold pants. I just think their mid-70s-thru-1999 look was incredible. I loved the yellow pants, the horns on the jerseys, obviously the helmets...I think that was an all-time classic look and something along those lines would suit them wonderfully even today. (Loved their Color Rush set, btw.)

26 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

What's unclear to me is whether or not the change in colors on all their logos and social media accounts is just to distance themselves from St. Louis and minimize the gold from now until the redesign, or if it's actually an indicator that the new uniforms will be navy and white. I could see an argument for both cases but don't recall seeing confirmation either way.

i would guess the former. i think we'll see something new in 2019. hard to see them going backwards; they'll always have the throwback option

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived