NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

9 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Yeah this really made me wonder as well. Why not go with an all burgundy or white look if they were that opposed t it?

Eagles, Chiefs, 49ers, Titans, and Bears all used existing jerseys/pants. It's a bit of a head-scratcher as to why the Redskins made the choice they did.

GAH NO.  Do you remember the last time they did the all burgundy look?

2009_Washington.png

It was awful then and it is still awful now.  Go either all white, the gold look or that long-rumoured all black uniform (which would look even worse).

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

So...If the Redskins dislike their color rush uniform enough that they want to institute a rule making color rush optional, why not just design a better color rush uniform in the first place?

It's like someone jn their front office just got a memo and said, "Wait, we actually have to WEAR these? Like, in an actual game??"

What exactly constitutes a "better color rush uniform"?  Is that like the prettiest waitress at Denny's?

4 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

So...If the Redskins dislike their color rush uniform enough that they want to institute a rule making color rush optional, why not just design a better color rush uniform in the first place?

It's like someone jn their front office just got a memo and said, "Wait, we actually have to WEAR these? Like, in an actual game??"

It's more like they never got the opportunity to wear it...

Never took the opportunity to wear it.  Because they didn't want to.  And now they want the right to opt out entirely and not go through the farce of unveiling and promoting a uniform they have no intention of ever wearing.  

Commendable, really.  And I don't think I've said that about Washington since Riggins was on their roster. 

Wow - Eagles owner confirms for first time that they intend to go back to Kelly green, but he wants to test it 2-3 times in a season first and will continue to petition the league to alter the helmet rule. 

Also stated That that the league prohibits helmet wraps so that's not an option. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Wow - Eagles owner confirms for first time that they intend to go back to Kelly green, but he wants to test it 2-3 times in a season first and will continue to petition the league to alter the helmet rule. 

Also stated That that the league prohibits helmet wraps so that's not an option. 

I'm not sure there's anything to "test".  Like Nike says...Just do it.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure there's anything to "test".  Like Nike says...Just do it.  

Agreed. Probably close to two-thirds of Eagles fans want the kelly green back. Get rid of the midnight green, Mr. Lurie. 

I'd rather see the Jets go back to kelly green before the Eagles. At least the Eagles made sure Nike got the shade of midnight green correct and consistent unlike the Jets mismatched baby poop green.

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

Is it too much to ask to go back to these permanently? Please? And while your at it Nike, think you've got the time to match up the damn gold on the helmet and jerseys and not use that "generic slacks beige" you insist on using? Thxbye.

P.S. Can someone use this pic to render what the jersey would look like in black? Kthanx.

-306c962bcfbf3bd1.jpg

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The league may prohibit "wraps", but it doesn't prohibit oversized decals (Buccaneers, Seahawks).. There has to be a way around it.. Such as using oversized decals with extra "border" the color of the desired shell color, along with extra border on striping decals, etc..

On 3/25/2017 at 2:38 PM, guest23 said:

Once again I'm calling Bullsh-it on this whole policy. There is absolutely no measurable or controllable variable in having 2 helmets vs one. Let's examine the alternative from a process perspective.

Scenario 1: 1 helmet for the season

1. Equipment makes annual purchase
  2. Preseason prep and conditioning is done
  3. Players are fit at OTA/camp
  4. Players break in helmets at camp
  5. Helmets maintained for 20 games pre+regular
  6. End of season conditioning and storage
  7. Repeat for next season.

Scenario 2: 2 helmets for the season

1. Equipment makes annual purchase for 2x the quantity
  2. Preseason prep and conditioning is done for 2 sets
  3. Players are fit for 2 helmets at OTA/camp
  4. Players break in 2 sets of helmets at camp
  5. Primary helmets maintained for 18 games pre+regular
  6. Alternate helmets maintained for 2 games regular
  7. End of season conditioning and storage
  8. Repeat for next season.

Once games start, there is zero net burden on a week to week basis. The only real burden is the fitting during camp and storage of an extra set. If teams are willing to commit to spending a negligible time in the offseason and camp to get the players in an extra helmet, they should be able to.

The safety aspect is a complete falsehood and red herring. If a player is fit properly and the helmet goes through proper maintenance, all the other variables are uncontrollable. I would say there's significantly more effort and risk disrupting the proper fit by changing masks since often times padding has to be removed thus disrupting the fit.

There is simply no reason other than BS optics to make the league look engaged in safety.

Padding isn't affected whatsoever during a mask change.. All hardware is accessed from the outside of the the shell, while the padding is obviously located inside the shell.. You can even cut change a mask while the helmet is still on the player's head (although it would be slightly less convenient)

2 hours ago, Chico said:

I'd rather see the Jets go back to kelly green before the Eagles. At least the Eagles made sure Nike got the shade of midnight green correct and consistent unlike the Jets mismatched baby poop green.

I'd rather see the Eagles since they muddy the look with black and charcoal.  The Jets should work with dark green and white...Nike seems to be messing it up.

I suspect the Eagles will always use black. Therefore, a lighter green is much better.

If it were up to me the Eagles would base it on 1980...No black.  Kelly and gray/silver is a great look.  They would, of course, not go to the huge and strange stripe pattern on the sleeves...but shrink and simplify that and they are gold.

Either way this should be an improvement.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, Chico said:

Did the Eagles ever adopt Nike's materials?  Because they were one of the few teams to opt out and keep the old fabric.

IMG_3239.JPG.51c1a662bf7ddfd9f81497898774852e.JPG

From the teaser of the new Lions uniforms it looks like we may have confirmation that the Vapor Untouchable template will have widespread use starting this season. Hopefully that's the case, or at the very least hopefully all teams were given the option to switch over. No more of the ridiculously thick collars and the toilet bowl collars would be a welcome sight.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Did the Eagles ever adopt Nike's materials?  Because they were one of the few teams to opt out and keep the old fabric.

They moved over to Nike's materials starting with the 2015 season. 

IMG_3240.JPG.0f1b16e99664c2c23a9e871ce5a10df8.JPGIMG_3241.JPG.7ba15c3e701e702d208b68e64ec5a7d7.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

That's already what their throwback is (though they should switch back to both full time).

image.jpeg.e29840f298cd289544df419a99e2a11d.jpeg

Pants are different along with the font of the numbers. It's not exactly the same. I'd like to see THAT jersey in black, correct font, with the white pants. That's what I meant ?.

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Archived