NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

1 hour ago, dont care said:

So far we only know of the rams, cowboys, and saints making the switch. Anything else is just speculation at this point

certain Green Bay jerseys of all levels (game, limited, elite) and styles (green, white, throwback) are 25% off on NFL shop right now ???

Is this kind of sale normal? I can't think of any reason for it other than updating the template and trying to clear out the old templates. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SumanCommaJake said:

certain Green Bay jerseys of all levels (game, limited, elite) and styles (green, white, throwback) are 25% off on NFL shop right now ???

Is this kind of sale normal? I can't think of any reason for it other than updating the template and trying to clear lit the old templates. 

There's a 25% sale on Nike (on Fanatics)...but I want to say jerseys were discounted before this sale went into effect.  I'm guessing most every team is getting the new template, and retail jerseys will be based on the new template as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

unpopular opinion, i really love the draft hats. not so much that i would wear one because the chrome stuff is a bit too blinged out for my taste, but for an event like this, it's pretty cool. now if these designs were made with regular embroidery and fabrics then hell yes, i'd be all over that. 

i also really like that each team has a white base and i think that alone will make them a better seller than in years past. its hard to pull off a lot of team colors as the primary hat color. it looks refined, very clean, and the team colors/logos actually stand out better against the white field than if they were on any other color. doing a bit less than you might expect really makes these memorable and original. i can't ever remember seeing a logo folded over the bill like these have. they get a thumbs up from me

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I don't mind them being a little out of the ordinary, considering that they are caps for a special occasion. I just don't think they should be completely generic (like the standard New Era caps with just one solid color and a logo), otherwise there's no point in using or calling it a draft cap. I like seeing new design elements used for these kinds of occasions, but yeah, some of them are indeed a little too much.

I thought the 2012 draft caps weren't too bad, with the script and the logo hidden in the back...

Image result for 2012 nfl draft caps

But the 2016 caps were just too ugly (mainly the bill material)...

Image result for 2016 nfl draft caps

8 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

They have shown a lot less imagination in the draft hats the past couple of years, lack of originality. 

Out of all the things you could say about these new draft caps, "lack of originality" is not among them. 

They're plenty original.  Ugly, but original. 

4 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I don't mind them being a little out of the ordinary, considering that they are caps for a special occasion. I just don't think they should be completely generic (like the standard New Era caps with just one solid color and a logo), otherwise there's no point in using or calling it a draft cap. I like seeing new design elements used for these kinds of occasions, but yeah, some of them are indeed a little too much.

I thought the 2012 draft caps weren't too bad, with the script and the logo hidden in the back...

Image result for 2012 nfl draft caps

thats an interesting example. you think the 2017 hats are generic but the 2012s are not?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

15 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

thats an interesting example. you think the 2017 hats are generic but the 2012s are not?

What? I didn't say this year's were generic... or 2012's for that matter.

Archived