NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to throw this out there. I was at the Lions uniform unveil last night and they discusses the new uniform template around the league. The whole league will not be adopting it, if I remember correctly the Nike rep there said that 20 teams will be adopting the new template.

On 4/13/2017 at 10:11 AM, KouPilot said:

My favorite draft hats are still the 2015s. The cityscape on the under bill was fun and the designs were pretty tame.

2015-Broncos-Draft-Hat.jpg

That would be PERFECT with a plain grey or black underbill. The skyline and awkwardly large letters are way too much.

ClAFLDa.png

Going to do a little bit of self plugging here just to see if anyone may have caught this or knows about the legitimacy of the twitter account but I tweeted my Rams concepts to this account who is supposed to be Kevin Demoff, COO of the Rams. Probably won't amount to anything but if it is really him, I thought it was cool nonetheless. Never been one to expose my social media accounts around here because I don't post much stuff on there but I got a reply from someone telling me to check out this site if I hadn't already so I thought that was pretty awesome as well. 

Rams Screenshot.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

On 4/14/2017 at 10:36 AM, Eszcz21 said:

Just to throw this out there. I was at the Lions uniform unveil last night and they discusses the new uniform template around the league. The whole league will not be adopting it, if I remember correctly the Nike rep there said that 20 teams will be adopting the new template.

Did they get rid of the disgusting sweatboxes? That was just a hideous, patchy look

9 hours ago, bigmike said:

Going to do a little bit of self plugging here just to see if anyone may have caught this or knows about the legitimacy of the twitter account but I tweeted my Rams concepts to this account who is supposed to be Kevin Demoff, COO of the Rams. Probably won't amount to anything but if it is really him, I thought it was cool nonetheless. Never been one to expose my social media accounts around here because I don't post much stuff on there but I got a reply from someone telling me to check out this site if I hadn't already so I thought that was pretty awesome as well. 

Rams Screenshot.png

Getting a hat tip from an NFL Exec is something to be proud of.  Congrats, and great uniform set as well.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

New 50th season patch for the Bengals:

IMG_3600.PNG.d687ecb365db72ecafabb3726bfde807.PNGIMG_3601.thumb.PNG.4b2018ce848c4a2934bb141a3498eb86.PNG

Personally not a fan. Just adds to the clutter and somehow makes their jerseys even worse. Doesn't help that it's positioned so high up on the shoulder and wedged in between the collar and sleeve cap.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

54 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Is this the first regular patch in the NFL (non-SB) that is ChromaFlex?

31 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Non-Pro Bowl as well, but yes, I believe it is the first regular patch to be ChromaFlex.

Yes.  Call me crazy but I like the ChromaFlex patches over the stitched/iron on look.  Just looks crisper to me.

So what's the deal with the Rams again for 2017? They are dropping gold and switching to blue and white for both home and road games? Does that get around the NFL's "no changes for 5 years" policy? My understanding is 2019 is still the earliest they can (hopefully) bring back blue and yellow.

1 hour ago, Quillz said:

So what's the deal with the Rams again for 2017? They are dropping gold and switching to blue and white for both home and road games? Does that get around the NFL's "no changes for 5 years" policy? My understanding is 2019 is still the earliest they can (hopefully) bring back blue and yellow.

They're getting around it because they are not changing the home or road jersey. They can change the pants, the helmet decals, even recolor the logo. but the moment they change those shirts, it counts as a new uniform set. Had they change the shirts the moment they got to LA, it would have counted as a new uniform set and would be locked in that set even after the new stadium opens. They wanted to change back in 2016 and again in 2019 which would violate the 5 year rule. Hence the half steps.

3 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I was looking at the TNF schedule and I think there are a lot of Color Rush games. The only game where I saw a team not being able to wear their color rush is Jets vs Bills.

12 this year. And my team opens up with Monoblue and red numbers vs. White Tiger Ranger Bengals.

Archived