NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

35 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I was looking at the TNF schedule and I think there are a lot of Color Rush games. The only game where I saw a team not being able to wear their color rush is Jets vs Bills.

Might be time for a 2017 Color Rush thread?

Seahawks at the Cardinals.  If Cards wear all red, maybe we can't wear action green.  Might have to wear all grey or all white.   I think I'm gonna cry. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, crosfam said:

Might be time for a 2017 Color Rush thread?

Seahawks at the Cardinals.  If Cards wear all red, maybe we can't wear action green.  Might have to wear all grey or all white.   I think I'm gonna cry. 

Cardinals had that new all black set with the different colored stripes and numbers. I haven't looked at the schedule much yet, but if it's Hawks at Cards on TNF, black and neon green should be fine.

MathieuColorRushMAIN.jpg

The Rams and Lions helmets are now on the NFL's schedule page.

lions.png          rams.png

Here are the Color Rush matchups. The Colts, Rams, Cardinals, Texans and Falcons look like they're finally going to wear their proper Color Rush uniforms.

ZmlHQtu.png

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

New 50th season patch for the Bengals:

IMG_3600.PNG.d687ecb365db72ecafabb3726bfde807.PNGIMG_3601.thumb.PNG.4b2018ce848c4a2934bb141a3498eb86.PNG

Personally not a fan. Just adds to the clutter and somehow makes their jerseys even worse. Doesn't help that it's positioned so high up on the shoulder and wedged in between the collar and sleeve cap.

The placing of the patch needs to be lowered a bit

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

So from those TNF games it looks like the Vikings and Bills will be the only two teams that have to defer to their white uniforms rather than their Color Rush sets. Most of those matchups will probably range from terrible to decent, but that Saints at Falcons game could actually look really nice. Broncos at Colts will likely look pretty nice as well, and same for Chiefs at Raiders even though it'll be a repeat of last season's matchup.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Cardinals had that new all black set with the different colored stripes and numbers. I haven't looked at the schedule much yet, but if it's Hawks at Cards on TNF, black and neon green should be fine.

MathieuColorRushMAIN.jpg

Oh thank goodness.  I thought they were all red.  I need my green fix one cold Thursday night each year. 

11 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The Rams and Lions helmets are now on the NFL's schedule page.

lions.png          rams.png

Here are the Color Rush matchups. The Colts, Rams, Cardinals, Texans and Falcons look like they're finally going to wear their proper Color Rush uniforms.

ZmlHQtu.png

Wait... the Browns/Vikings game is a Color Rush?  Why, dammit?

5 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Good look at the Lions new lid.

IMG_8493.JPG

So the Lions effectively have two primary logos now? One with a blue outline for the helmets, and one with a silver outline for all other purposes? Seems a bit inconsistent.

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If I had to guess, the Vikings are wearing all white while the Browns finally wear their superior all brown uniform. Yes, I said superior...

browns-color-rush.jpg

I like how Cleveland got their monochrome alternate right but completely messed up the main uniforms.

bSLCtu2.png

6 hours ago, Quillz said:

So the Lions effectively have two primary logos now? One with a blue outline for the helmets, and one with a silver outline for all other purposes? Seems a bit inconsistent.

There is absolutely no reason for the blue outline, other than to add clutter.  The logo doesn't need to be separated from the background. 

18 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Silver helmet, silver mask, blue logo outlined in white and blue?

0021983_cowboys-helmet_610.jpeg

Technically that's a flat gray mask.B)

-------

It looks like the new Nike Untouchable template will give us short shoulder stripes for the Colts, Jets Color Rush, and Pats Color Rush, which means they'll be similar to the adidas Techfits that were ridiculed for years.  (Untouchable template is quite similar to Techfit aesthetically).  

https://www.lids.com/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-nike-nfl-mens-limited-color-rush-jersey/20876198

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, Quillz said:

If they felt like they absolutely had to have a second outline (they really don't) they should've used that dark Gray they introduced to the jersey.  That way the primary would always look the same and the new color would show up somewhere on the uniform other than just the number outline.

Was originally sick about the Vikings-Browns game being color rush, because I thought the Vikings got out of color rush this year, but then I remembered the Browns color rush is Brown and not Orange, so the Vikings still won't have to wear color rush this year and instead will get to wear the all white look I love. It just sucks they won't have the purple socks.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Technically that's a flat gray mask.B)

-------

It looks like the new Nike Untouchable template will give us short shoulder stripes for the Colts, Jets Color Rush, and Pats Color Rush, which means they'll be similar to the adidas Techfits that were ridiculed for years.  (Untouchable template is quite similar to Techfit aesthetically).  

https://www.lids.com/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-nike-nfl-mens-limited-color-rush-jersey/20876198

And technically it's a blue helmet.. According to the helmet manufacturers at least

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So Cleveland can wear last year's uniform and they can stick the Vikings in all yellow. Ughhh!!!!! Brown sauce or mustard for that hot dog? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Quillz said:

If you look at the logo on the helmet there is a silver outline on it, it just blends in with the helmet. 

Archived