NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VikWings said:

Was originally sick about the Vikings-Browns game being color rush, because I thought the Vikings got out of color rush this year, but then I remembered the Browns color rush is Brown and not Orange, so the Vikings still won't have to wear color rush this year and instead will get to wear the all white look I love. It just sucks they won't have the purple socks.

Its a 9:30 game in london idk if it will be color rush...

7 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

If you look at the logo on the helmet there is a silver outline on it, it just blends in with the helmet. 

That's actually clear, which is why it appears silver. Look where it goes over the hole in the helmet on the right side.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

Why is the Vikings/Browns 9:30AM Sunday UK game being listened on the TNF schedule?

Because it is an NFL Network broadcast.  I'm not saying that they are equivalent, I'm just saying that is the assumption that someone has made (if it isn't, in fact, Color Rash).

It's where I sit.

45 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

Why is the Vikings/Browns 9:30AM Sunday UK game being listened on the TNF schedule?

It's part of the broadcast package.  Much like SNF lists the Thursday kickoff Pats-Chiefs game.

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It looks like the new Nike Untouchable template will give us short shoulder stripes for the Colts, Jets Color Rush, and Pats Color Rush, which means they'll be similar to the adidas Techfits that were ridiculed for years.  (Untouchable template is quite similar to Techfit aesthetically).  

https://www.lids.com/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-nike-nfl-mens-limited-color-rush-jersey/20876198

The Vapor Untouchable still had pretty decently sized shoulder stripes. They weren't anywhere close to the Techfits. Adidas had a totally jacked up stretchy garment that warped the appearance of all the stripes and numbers, while Nike's still had respectable shoulder stripes and all of the proportions remained true to the previous template.

The Vapor Untouchable might just be the most perfect template in the market right now. It has all of the performance aspects the manufacturers and athletes like while employing extremely minimal seams and materials (like the Flywire Elite 51 with discolored chest and back panels). It uses a traditionally shaped collar, and also stays true to the look of a normal football uniform, unlike adidas. 

092216patsms15.jpg?itok=vHHt3o_W

legarrette-blount-of-the-new-england-pat

gettyimages-609854816.jpg?w=594&h=360&cr

asiantii-woulard-brett-hundley-eric-kend

bdd19921ca3c60cbd554c945cefd54b1_crop_no

5104863052_1380ff9240_o.png

5104287107_2120e9b01d_o.png

16 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

The Vapor Untouchable still had pretty decently sized shoulder stripes. They weren't anywhere close to the Techfits. Adidas had a totally jacked up stretchy garment that warped the appearance of all the stripes and numbers, while Nike's still had respectable shoulder stripes and all of the proportions remained true to the previous template.

The Vapor Untouchable might just be the most perfect template in the market right now. It has all of the performance aspects the manufacturers and athletes like while employing extremely minimal seams and materials (like the Flywire Elite 51 with discolored chest and back panels). It uses a traditionally shaped collar, and also stays true to the look of a normal football uniform, unlike adidas. 

092216patsms15.jpg?itok=vHHt3o_W

Good post - when I saw the stripes end at the top of Luck's nameplate on the Limited Replica, I figured that's how it'll be on the actual game-worns, but that's not the case (which is awesome).  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'd really like it if my Niners got an all gold Color Rush (gold jerseys, red numbers) or an all white (white pants with red stripes filled in with gold). The black isn't doing it for me.

Also the Raiders would look too dope with an all black Color Rush.

Falcons inaugural season patch found on a link to their 2017 schedule. Unclear if it will be worn or if league rules permit Mercedes-Benz to be worn on the jersey (would not surprise me if they are unable to).

Vikings stadium patch was generic without a reference to US Bank.

USATSI_9551793_168383805_lowres.jpg

Braves SunTrust Park patch on uniforms are stripped of SunTrust:

ff_2635851_full.jpg&w=600

versus

IMG_3379.JPG

Mets did the same thing with Citi Field:

4839541814_bb33942fbd_b.jpg

http://images.atlantafalcons.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/AF_2017-Schedule_Download.pdf

IMG_8506.PNG

Also, I know a lot of people said the Lions numbers looked white. Most of the pictures we saw were promotional shots from the team or Nike, so to my knowledge, this is one of the first shots of the uniform out in the wild. In this setting, the numbers clearly look silver with a dark gray outline.

C97zt9lVwAADFil.jpg

6 hours ago, BrianLion said:

If you look at the logo on the helmet there is a silver outline on it, it just blends in with the helmet. 

No, they've switched the silver outline to blue.

Here's the official logo:

bradgalli_1485960238478_54387401_ver1.0_

The helmet itself, however, has a blue outline instead of the silver.  Why?

16 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Good look at the Lions new lid.

IMG_8493.JPG

12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

No, they've switched the silver outline to blue.

Here's the official logo:

bradgalli_1485960238478_54387401_ver1.0_

The helmet itself, however, has a blue outline instead of the silver.  Why?

Probably because silver would blend in too much with the helmet.

44 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Because they want the logo to be distinct from the rest of the helmet, I'd imagine.

If a blue lion isn't sufficiently distinct on a silver helmet, a blue lion with the same color blue outline won't be any better.   And if anything, adding a second outline muddies the logo, obscuring the shape and making it less distinct. 

It's really bad design if the logo needs an extra element in order for it to be used for its main purpose.  If it really needs the blue outline, give it a blue outline for all applications.  That they didn't speaks volumes. 

Archived