NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

The Raiders hat looks bad.  If they won't allow the oversized logo, they should have just removed it altogether from the bill.

I agree. It's ironic that the hat could be worse without an oversized logo across the bill.  But it turns out zooming in gives the bill a bit of an artistic charm (not as good as being, say, one color) while placement of the full logo just looks strange, particularly when that same logo is sitting right above it on the front of the hat.  (That said, I think it would look nearly as bad there even if the front was a "Raiders" script.

I suppose City names won't be a big part of the draft caps for the next couple of years, eh?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Mon Apr 24 2017 at 1:08 PM, WSU151 said:

This was mentioned before (and in years past, IIRC)...the Raiders have strict rules about altering the logo on apparel. 

If pre-rebrand Browns logo was enlarged, it would just be an all-orange bill.

The Vapor Untouchable template is so clean. Easily the best looking template out there right now, across all major brands, and I'm glad it's being adopted in the NFL now too. It's a night and day difference from the Elite 51, and it'll be especially evident for teams like the Jets whose uniforms suffered quite a bit from the sweat boxes and different materials that were in the Elite 51. The shoulder stripes are still a different material than the rest of the jersey, so there might be some slight color variation there (depending on lighting) but everything else should be consistent. Huge upgrade.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Looks like the Jets upgraded to the new collar.

How is this not headline news on this site? This is the best thing to happen in uniforms this year, even better than the Lions and Timberwolves new uniforms. The fact that the entire uniform will be one solid color again makes me glad.

NSFCvyu.png

46 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

How is this not headline news on this site? This is the best thing to happen in uniforms this year, even better than the Lions and Timberwolves new uniforms. The fact that the entire uniform will be one solid color again makes me glad.

Wait until it gets wet before we jerk each other off.

Green is weird, man.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So I've been working on a lot of NFL Draft material which has meant delving into every teams logo slick. It appears that many teams are switching to the new template (duh), but what was weird to me was that Eagles logo slick has them dropping the midnight green altogether. They are nowhere to be found in the book and black is listed as the primary. Maybe that's old news. Other teams just of the top of my head include the Saints, Jets, Chiefs, and many more.

33481536673_3c38668668_o.png

33450169514_0cf5289936_o.png

7 minutes ago, wyopokes2 said:

So I've been working on a lot of NFL Draft material which has meant delving into every teams logo slick. It appears that many teams are switching to the new template (duh), but what was weird to me was that Eagles logo slick has them dropping the midnight green altogether. They are nowhere to be found in the book and black is listed as the primary. Maybe that's old news. Other teams just of the top of my head include the Saints, Jets, Chiefs, and many more.

33481536673_3c38668668_o.png

33450169514_0cf5289936_o.png

Have the packers upgraded to the new template?

OfYGY.gif

@wyopokes2 can you share the graphics of the teams that have updated?

Eagles green still exists. See below. Must be a graphic error.

So far I count the Steelers, Chiefs, Pats, Bills, Eagles, Jets, and Lions as definites. Looks like the Chargers and Bengals are in the background (check the shorter sleeve treatment) and you can also see the Dolphins with the mesh chest construction so they're in. The Seahawks sleeves look shorter too, so they're a possibility. It looks like the Browns and Panthers are definitely not updating.

IMG_8618.JPG

IMG_8619.JPG

IMG_8620.JPG

IMG_8621.JPG

3 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

wait the Eagles are black now? WTF! why

1 minute ago, aawagner011 said:

OfYGY.gif

So far I count the Steelers, Chiefs, Pats, Bills, Eagles, Jets, and Lions as definites. Looks like the Chargers and Bengals are in the background (check the shorter sleeve treatment) and you can also see the Dolphins with the mesh chest construction so they're in. The Seahawks sleeves look shorter too, so they're a possibility. It looks like the Browns and Panthers are definitely not updating.

Yeah I think it must just be an error in the file. After releasing some of the clipping masks it looks like pieces of it are in the file, just not visible. And I'll post a few of the other pdfs

1 minute ago, wyopokes2 said:

Yeah I think it must just be an error in the file. After releasing some of the clipping masks it looks like pieces of it are in the file, just not visible. And I'll post a few of the other pdfs

Add the Rams to that. I forgot them. Also, highly doubtful but can you check the Falcons? I hate our uniforms but they might be somewhat palatable if they at least transitioned to a cleaner template.

6 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

OfYGY.gif

IMG_8618.JPG

IMG_8619.JPG

IMG_8620.JPG

IMG_8621.JPG

Also, and this isn't necessarily surprising, but you can see that the collars on the Pats and Bills jerseys will still have the triangle mesh insert at the bottom, just like the Giants' Color Rush jersey.

IMG_3683.thumb.JPG.c616131e14741d8eb7709d3fa9a0ed8d.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

Also, and this isn't necessarily surprising, but you can see that the collars on the Pats and Bills jerseys will still have the triangle mesh insert at the bottom, just like the Giants' Color Rush jersey.

IMG_3683.thumb.JPG.c616131e14741d8eb7709d3fa9a0ed8d.JPG

Yeah I noticed that, too. It's interesting. I figured that the striping pattern would not continue into that triangle space but take a look at the Bills above. It's a majority white collar with some striping. No reason they couldn't have made the triangle white to blend it in. You compare it to the Eagles graphic and they get the full color collar. Seems like there are various approaches teams can choose to go with for this template.

Either way, a MASSIVE upgrade from the Elite 51. If I could, I'd have Nike just stop right here and keep producing this template forever. How much more technically advanced does the uniform need to be? This is the perfect marriage of tech and aesthetics.

2 minutes ago, wyopokes2 said:

These are the teams that have the new template in their official logo slicks. No Falcons, not to say they aren't. Maybe just haven't updated their logo files.

33908289300_73216b58ab_o.png

33481900413_a5e88d1240_o.png33908289130_21811ed47f_o.png

33481900313_75f2b630e0_o.png33481900233_39d6c2001a_o.png

33908289000_0c93674be7_o.png

33908288940_a34540f868_b.jpg

33481900153_3f4b4d4432_b.jpg

33908288860_2ac26f44bc_b.jpg

Probably nothing, but interesting that the saints have a different shade of gold for their throwback helmet.

Hot takes: Jags still suck, Rams yellow and blue could be the best in the league if they wanted to use it, and ooof that all blue Rams uniform sucks big time. If they stripped all the gold out of that set, it would be a good modern look. 2019 can't get here soon enough.

Thanks for posting those, by the way. I assume you didn't post the others since you can see in the shots above that they are updating?

Archived