NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falcons just traded up and definitely, without a doubt, upgraded to the new template. Need to get a picture. But the jersey looked 100% the same design. I'm very curious how the fit will transition over given my team has been wearing the same template for the last 14 years.

**Edit** heading into the commercial break, got a look at the new collar and it's a fully black collar, as opposed to our current collar which trims down from thick in the back and sides and comes to a point by the NFL shield. This new one has the same thickness all the way around.

Here's how Madden shows the Falcons' uniform on the new template:

IMG_3719.thumb.PNG.93712e4ddf45f46c5ac0150f1f9e0bfa.PNGIMG_3720.thumb.PNG.8f4a119db8b331c487de1ff6d8ee74f5.PNG

Also, if Madden is to be believed, then the Raiders are going to the new template as well (it's hard to see but note the triangle mesh insert on the collar).

IMG_3721.thumb.PNG.ce98531bbfdb021b5d52376a692193a0.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This obviously doesn't show much, but you can tell that the style of the jersey isn't going to change.

And another Madden screenshot which definitely shows the new Vapor pants with the mesh inserts on the thighs. It's interesting, if you go thru the Madden Twitter feed, most of the screenshots are in the old template, even if we know from examples above that the team is switching. There are only a couple of screenshots which show the new template.

**Got some pics of the Falcons, finally. Just wish I could get a picture of the front collar.

674210036.JPG

NFL_Draft_Football_43243.jp.JPG

May 18-20 will be the next big window where we get to see a lot of these updates in full uniform. We may see some more shots of the jerseys at press conferences but the NFL Rookie Premier photoshoot will give us the entire uniform.

https://www.nflpa.com/rp

Those Madden screenshots mean nothing because it's on Madden 17 and not 18. They always use the previous years game for the new draft picks so you can't really go by that for any uniform info. However they did go to the extra length to put the new Lions uniform on Jarrad Davis.

C-d6hhGXYAAwhIl.jpg:large

bSLCtu2.png

28 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Those Madden screenshots mean nothing because it's on Madden 17 and not 18. They always use the previous years game for the new draft picks so you can't really go by that for any uniform info. However they did go to the extra length to put the new Lions uniform on Jarrad Davis.

Yes but what I was saying if you read my post was that there were indeed multiple teams which Madden presented with updated uniforms, something that would not be reflected in the current game. The obvious indicators are the seams in the shape of a peace sign on the back, the mesh panels on the thighs, and the mesh panel on the very top of the butt.

Definitely looks like the Niners changed their sleeve stripes. They're noticeably thicker and there's only two of them, rather than the traditional three. The two stripes are unobstructed, so I'd call this is an upgrade, even though it's a departure from the traditional sleeve striping.

IMG_3729.PNG.887a710b635c0f9c2df1442d7a9590a4.PNGIMG_3730.PNG.17ab6f3618c80196771088ec3d82f32d.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Interesting. So we were right last night. This was posted on uniwatch today.

https://www.lids.com/san-francisco-49ers-carlos-hyde-nike-nfl-mens-vapor-untouchable-limited-jersey/20895663

I definitely call this an upgrade over their previous awful stripes. Would prefer the three stripes but this is nonetheless better. I wonder if Nike suggested the change given it used to look like adidas?

IMG_8655.PNG

Jesus can we stop showing every player in all #1 jersey? There's a new template - we get it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Also they are going to a new graphics engine so well see them a little bit better once they are released 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

In a vacuum, the 49ers upgraded.  But I have two issues with it. First, they look like Nebraska now.  Second, they've used three stripes for along time.  For those two reasons, I'd rather they just have left it alone with the disappearing stripes.

Of course, I'd have loved to see them avoid the Nebraska problem by adding gold to the jersey.  It's always bugged me that the Niners either have to over-do it or under-do it.  Red and white only or black, gold, dropshadows, dark red, and a logo on top of the stripes.  If they were to take this updated jersey, add gold outlines to the number and a gold stripe between the two white lines, that would be really, really nice.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

7 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

In a vacuum, the 49ers upgraded.  But I have two issues with it. First, they look like Nebraska now.  Second, they've used three stripes for along time.  For those two reasons, I'd rather they just have left it alone with the disappearing stripes.

Of course, I'd have loved to see them avoid the Nebraska problem by adding gold to the jersey.  It's always bugged me that the Niners either have to over-do it or under-do it.  Red and white only or black, gold, dropshadows, dark red, and a logo on top of the stripes.  If they were to take this updated jersey, add gold outlines to the number and a gold stripe between the two white lines, that would be really, really nice.

If you judge the uniform as a whole, then the Nebraska comparison doesn't really matter because of the gold helmet and pants. If you just judge the jerseys, then sure, they do kind of look like Nebraska. But as a whole, they'll still look like the 49ers and there won't be any confusion with the Cornhuksers. In any case, the two stripe look is far superior to the truncated stripes that were on the previous jerseys (IMO), and I'm glad they're making the switch, even if it is a departure from their traditional sleeve stripes. Plus, the OCD in me loves how the stripes are now more consistent with the helmet and pant striping, especially on the white jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Interesting. So we were right last night. This was posted on uniwatch today.

https://www.lids.com/san-francisco-49ers-carlos-hyde-nike-nfl-mens-vapor-untouchable-limited-jersey/20895663

I definitely call this an upgrade over their previous awful stripes. Would prefer the three stripes but this is nonetheless better. I wonder if Nike suggested the change given it used to look like adidas?

IMG_8655.PNG

Welcome to the University of Wisconsin, new 49ers players.

badgerjersey.jpg

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Jesus can we stop showing every player in all #1 jersey? There's a new template - we get it. 

You're on a sports design forum in a thread discussing NFL uniform changes. We know that some clubs are getting the new template and some aren't. I figured fans of those teams would like to know whether their team is changing or not.

If you're on an iPhone forum, are you complaining about people posting all the new specs on the brand new model? If a new Star Wars movie is coming and details are leaking out, are you complaining to those people on the Star Wars thread about the leaks?

The minute details are why this forum exists.

Archived