NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

9 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Have to agree. The style of the new stripes is an upgrade over the disappearing stripes. But all they had to do was put three on the new jersey to get it right... they didn't. At best it's a lateral move for me. They traded one mistake for another.

I'm not even sure I can call it a lateral move.  As ridiculous as the disappearing stripes were, at least they tried to following tradition by having three stripes.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Wise decision. 

If I had a picture of it, I would post it to spite you. You'd have a point if this were a random, unrelated thread. However, scrolling to the top of the page to jog your memory might be beneficial as the title remains "NFL 2017 changes."

7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Ugh this team is so dumb. They finally go back to the dynasty uniforms, but inexplicably truncate the stripes so the bottom one is cut off. Their solution to that is stop truncating the stripes, but they drop one of them. 

So they've essentially matched their pants and helmet stripes, which would've been fine, I like that sort of consistency usually, but they established a handful of super bowl wins in the 3 stripe uniforms. 

The third stripe not being there anymore is a bit of a bummer, but I've loathed that truncated stripe since they switched uniforms back in 2009. I'm glad to see it go to the go away.

Now to work on making that all black uniform disappear.

1 hour ago, Mitch B said:

I've always associated the 49'ers with the 3 stripes.  That'll take some getting used to.

Exactly.  It's likely that no one posting here has ever seen the 49ers wearing a red jersey without three stripes.

. . . and there probably aren't many who've seen them wearing a white jersey without them, since that last happened more than three years before I was born.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, unimaniac said:

I unfortunately don't know enough about templates to tell whether the Bucs are switching, but if those who are able to tell, here's a photo of O.J. Howard and his draft jersey FWIW.

temp170428_OJ_Arrival_WEB0021--nfl_mezz_

thats the Elite51, but its just for a photo op. pretty likely they will switch to the new VU template

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The replica Nike jerseys don't have a lot of the detailing of either template, only the Limited and Elite do.  The replicas of the Color Rush Vapor jerseys look exactly the same as the replicas of all of the Elite jerseys regardless of cut.  (So do Oregon's Vapor jerseys and the College Football Playoff Vapor jerseys). The Bucs posted some draft pictures, which I can't find now, of two family members who got to attend the draft on behalf of the Bucs, they were wearing the old template (Elite 51 a.k.a, Nike Speed Machine), but with the new shinier NFL shield on all the new jerseys (which were also used on the Color Rush Vapor jerseys in the fall), so take that for what it's worth.

On 4/28/2017 at 2:52 PM, upperV03 said:

Of course, but the primary purpose of the jersey is still to be worn as part of the uniform.

I only wish that was still the case. In reality, retail is of far greater concern to the NFL. Otherwise the Rams would have been permitted to remove the gold accents from their jersey this season. 

Came across a slew of retail images which suggest which teams will and will not switch to the new template. These jerseys shown are the midrange "Limited" line which take their general styling and cut of a replica but with some of the more on field details.

Notable that the Packers, Panthers, Colts, and Bucs are sticking with their current templates. I was interested to see how teams like the Seahawks and Bengals would switch over. And of course, you'll have a few collar tweaks like the Pats where the trim comes to a point by the NFL shield.

IMG_8719.PNG

IMG_8720.PNG

IMG_8721.PNG

IMG_8722.PNG

IMG_8723.PNG

IMG_8724.PNG

IMG_8725.PNG

IMG_8726.PNG

IMG_8727.PNG

IMG_8728.PNG

IMG_8729.PNG

IMG_8730.PNG

IMG_8731.PNG

IMG_8732.PNG

14 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I only wish that was still the case. In reality, retail is of far greater concern to the NFL. Otherwise the Rams would have been permitted to remove the gold accents from their jersey this season. 

I think you have your wires crossed.

3 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Not surprised that the Panthers didn't change. Richardson has labeled himself as a traditionalist and has stated that he won't change the uniforms in his lifetime. 

I can't wait for that day that Richardson finally sells that team to local investors, and the new ownership will make a massive makeover of their uniforms.  The Panthers gray/white/white ranks right up there with the Cowboys dull white/seasick blue pants as the most boring away unis in football.  I would be thrilled if they wear black or even silver pants with their white jerseys, but not happening while Grandpa Richardson is still calling the shots. :mad:

I'm actually surprised how conservative the Panthers have been given their expansion nature. But I also think that while bland, the Panthers have a pretty decent uniform set as it is, and don't really need to be changing things up too much.

Archived