NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

not quite sure where best place to mention this, but this thread seems most appropriate. if you search #DolphinsCreative on instagram, im going to start sharing some behind the scenes stuff on the daily. there will be at least 1 post each weekday. 3 up now

(also with that hashtag, you'll find some stunning photos from our head of video and photography.)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

not quite sure where best place to mention this, but this thread seems most appropriate. if you search #DolphinsCreative on instagram, im going to start sharing some behind the scenes stuff on the daily. there will be at least 1 post each weekday. 3 up now

(also with that hashtag, you'll find some stunning photos from our head of video and photography.)

Wish more teams did this. This is pretty cool.

The first 3 seconds of the video shows a grey helmet with a black facemask and what looks like a stripe:

I doubt it means anything change related for the Seahawks other than a helmet test or a generic helmet they use in practice. Interesting nonetheless.

7 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The first 3 seconds of the video shows a grey helmet with a black facemask and what looks like a stripe:

I doubt it means anything change related for the Seahawks other than a helmet test or a generic helmet they use in practice. Interesting nonetheless.

I believe that is their current helmet. The lighting makes the matte navy look gray. 

Go A's!

18 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I saw this at NFLShop.com... Apparently, the Bengals have a logo for their 50th anniversary.

Men's Cincinnati Bengals NFL Pro Line by Fanatics Branded Black 50th Anniversary T-Shirt

I pass a billboard with this logo on my way to work every day and I hate it. It's really uninspired and the stripes hit inside the 50 at all the wrong places. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, phutmasterflex said:

I liked their previous collar versus this new one. It was different from everyone else in the league and the only carryover of that style in the Nike takeover. 

To each their own, I guess. I always thought the previous collar was ugly as hell. With the new collar, I'd say their uniforms go from completely terrible to just terrible. A small improvement, but it still doesn't hide the many ugly aspects of their set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, Gothamite said:

There are some pretty bad uniforms from that era that have managed to hang on.  The Patriots at least have the sheen of success burnishing their rather lackluster unis.  The Broncos also had early success that locked these into place.  What the Brewers' excuse is, I'll never know. 

As you said, both the Patriots and the Broncos had success with their current unis. In the case of New England, their uniforms were definitely an upgrade over the ones they wore from 1995-99, which quintessential 90s madness. The Broncos Orange Crush uniforms were associated with decades of Super Bowl and playoff failures, so I doubt they'll ever change back.

I don't know but I think the Brewers keeping their current set might have to do with whole move from the AL to the NL (the AL look with the "mb-glove," and the current look the "wheat M").

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:16 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I miss that Panthers logo. The newer one is a downgrade, but mainly because it has no outline.

Other than the (lack of an) outline, I find the current logo to be superior to the original. Mainly because it's cleaner and the lower jaw is much closer to the upper jaw.

NSFCvyu.png

I too find the Panthers' new logo to be a significant upgrade, but that's in no small part to the lack of a pointless keyline.   They don't need it, and were wise to ditch it.

15 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

I don't know but I think the Brewers keeping their current set might have to do with whole move from the AL to the NL (the AL look with the "mb-glove," and the current look the "wheat M").

I honestly don't think that's the case at all.  They sell enough of the BiG merchandise, and the set has been incredibly popular since it was re-introduced.  I don't know of anyone who still thinks of that look as American League-only (especially since they tweaked it from the set they wore at the time).

I don't see any way of escaping the conclusion that it's purely a cash grab from the Brewers.  They know there are many who will buy the modern set because it's the primary set.  And they get to sell a ton of merch in the throwback set (a perusal of the shops indicate that the merchandise is almost evenly split).  I don't know if they think they can fully double-dip in actually doubling their sales, but there seems to be an intent to get some fans to pony up twice, elevating the general sales numbers beyond what they could get for either one of the uniforms on its own.

24 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

As you said, both the Patriots and the Broncos had success with their current unis. In the case of New England, their uniforms were definitely an upgrade over the ones they wore from 1995-99, which quintessential 90s madness. The Broncos Orange Crush uniforms were associated with decades of Super Bowl and playoff failures, so I doubt they'll ever change back.

Super Bowl failures, yes.  Playoff failures, no.  Broncos were lucky to be in two of those Super Bowls.  A large portion of Elway's epic comebacks (and legendary games) were in the Orange Crush unis.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I too find the Panthers' new logo to be a significant upgrade, but that's in no small part to the lack of a pointless keyline.   They don't need it, and were wise to ditch it.

I honestly don't think that's the case at all.  They sell enough of the BiG merchandise, and the set has been incredibly popular since it was re-introduced.  I don't know of anyone who still thinks of that look as American League-only (especially since they tweaked it from the set they wore at the time).

I don't see any way of escaping the conclusion that it's purely a cash grab from the Brewers.  They know there are many who will buy the modern set because it's the primary set.  And they get to sell a ton of merch in the throwback set (a perusal of the shops indicate that the merchandise is almost evenly split).  I don't know if they think they can fully double-dip in actually doubling their sales, but there seems to be an intent to get some fans to pony up twice, elevating the general sales numbers beyond what they could get for either one of the uniforms on its own.

"Hey, Bob?"

"Yeah, Stan?"

"You know those two really popular sets of logos and branding we have?

"You mean the ones that both sell a ton of merchandise?"

"Yeah, those.  You know what we should do, Bob?"

"What should we do, Stan?"

"Let's just get rid of one of them."

"Stan, have you been drinking again?"

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

To each their own, I guess. I always thought the previous collar was ugly as hell. With the new collar, I'd say their uniforms go from completely terrible to just terrible. A small improvement, but it still doesn't hide the many ugly aspects of their set.

Yeah. I just like that collar design. some NHL teams have it too as it is a Reebok carryover. It's a little different and it worked well visually with the Falcons set. 

staging_sbnu_84362190.jpeg

losman.jpg

Go A's!

4 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

I disagree.

Especially when the 11 is a damn pause sign

"The number 11 is evocative of a pause sign to symbolize all the times when Julio Jones freezes defenders."

*Ducks and hides*

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived