NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

The Jets need a logo somewhere in their identity that has an actual jet in it. Their mascot isn't some abstract like the Wild, it's an actual thing. It always befuddles me that it is nowhere in their identity.

5gtfjeljv9kf52bdv9otg3fhf.gif

That's why this one is the best they have had. It's more of an abstract jet but I think it works.

1 minute ago, jmac11281 said:

That's why this one is the best they have had. It's more of an abstract jet but I think it works.

I wish this could come back with some sort of a slight update.

1 minute ago, KGeeX5 said:

I wish this could come back with some sort of a slight update.

I may be in the minority here but I don't think it looks too dated considering it's almost 40 years old. But it wouldn't hurt to have it a bit updated. 

Smart move by the Cowboys if it's true. They sited higher jersey sales for the reason which makes sense. I rarely see any Cowboys fans walking around in the white jersey compared to the navy.

This is definitely a step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, BlueSky said:

That would be great news if it was these instead of the ones they wear now:

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 3.17.13 PM.png

Agreed.   The Cowboys' navy "road" uniforms are very overrated IMO.  But not as overrated as those white sleeved navy jerseys with the stupid monster-sized star on the shoulders. The above look is awesome... the colors match, and the color scheme (metallic blue-silver and deep royal blue) is the Cowboys' iconic and unique true scheme.  

Navy sucks.  I'm just tired of it.

30 minutes ago, insert name said:

Jets made their jersey look more green. Has to be photoshop.  

I'd say this image is a more accurate representation of what the color actually looks like:

IMG_4807.thumb.JPG.f06f32bc6b75c08d7da3c8619ccf49a4.JPG

I feel like we've been over this numerous times before; the Jets' green is a pretty standard dark forest green (officially "Hunter Green") color that's just easily swayed by different lighting and photo effects. The same thing used to happen with Oregon's football uniforms when they still wore the dark forest green color, and it still happens with Michigan State's uniforms. That's why the Jets uniforms have a tendency to look anywhere from a rich forest green to a drab army/olive green, because different lighting, camera, etc. effects sway how the color appears on Nike's fabrics. Watch a Michigan State game and you'll notice the same thing.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

According to NFL.com, the Cowboys will be wearing navy at home more often, next season. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000814752/article/cowboys-will-wear-navy-jerseys-at-home-more-often

The Cowboys were superstitious about their blue jerseys for years.  The Joe Gibbs era Redskins wore white jerseys at home in part to force Dallas to wear their blue jerseys at RFK.

5 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I hate the Jests with every fiber of my soul, but the 80's uniforms were great. I prefer the Boomer Esiason-era tweaks, with black, rather than the straight green/white of the 80's, but still...

The 1980's were a great era for uniforms. Pat Patriot, Jets, Giants, 49ers, Broncos, Browns, Houston Oilers.

1 hour ago, FSUViking said:

I hate the Jests with every fiber of my soul, but the 80's uniforms were great. I prefer the Boomer Esiason-era tweaks, with black, rather than the straight green/white of the 80's, but still...

The 1980's were a great era for uniforms. Pat Patriot, Jets, Giants, 49ers, Broncos, Browns, Houston Oilers.

Don't forget the Atlanta Falcons, LA Rams, Seattle Seahawks as well.  And maybe Minnesota Vikings home jersey (cared less about their away whites).

Archived