NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

The Cowboys were superstitious about their blue jerseys for years.  The Joe Gibbs era Redskins wore white jerseys at home in part to force Dallas to wear their blue jerseys at RFK.

Joe Gibbs era Redskins wore white at home against EVERY NFL team not just Dallas.  Kinda surprised me that a lot of teams didn't wear white at home against the Redskins and force them to wear their rare burgundy jerseys just like they do when the Cowboys were forced to wear their blue jerseys.

On 6/1/2017 at 3:02 PM, DNAsports said:

Any word if the Redskins will roll out a new throwback? They usually unveil a new throwback uniform every 5 years.

70th Anniversary:

09000d5d829029f8_gallery_600.jpg

75th:

Wash2_display_image.jpg?1330824311

80th (used for the past 5 seasons with 3 different helmets):

jersey1.jpg

Re: The 70th Anniversary uniform: I like how Darrell Green had that much sleeves on his jersey in the 21st century- almost fits that old school look to a degree.

UBwef0L.png

15 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

The Cowboys were superstitious about their blue jerseys for years.  The Joe Gibbs era Redskins wore white jerseys at home in part to force Dallas to wear their blue jerseys at RFK.

Gibbs also had a thing for wearing white at home.  They did it when he was on the Tampa staff, as well as, when he was Offensive Coordinator in San Diego.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

Sidebar to the subject of this thread...my wife and I were at dinner the other night. Me: "I am so glad the Saints are finally ditching the 'toilet seat' collars." Her: "Do you know how sad that is?" :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I really dislike the dark grey outlines. The numbers would be perfectly visible without the outline; it just muddles things up

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Lions are definitely better than before, but except for the helmet, their unis are blue and gray, not blue and silver. There must be some technology that would allow the numbers to look more metallic. 

Compare the metallic parts of this plane to the painted gray. Metallic is so much better.

AA 727.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

29 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Lions are definitely better than before, but except for the helmet, their unis are blue and gray, not blue and silver. There must be some technology that would allow the numbers to look more metallic. 

Compare the metallic parts of this plane to the painted gray. Metallic is so much better.

AA 727.jpg

Metallic numbers have been attempted, but never look good.

1_zpskz2ktnuc.png

CKs9bgpUYAAAzo5.jpg

18 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Joe Gibbs era Redskins wore white at home against EVERY NFL team not just Dallas.  Kinda surprised me that a lot of teams didn't wear white at home against the Redskins and force them to wear their rare burgundy jerseys just like they do when the Cowboys were forced to wear their blue jerseys.

I'm well aware of that, but at the time, us fans of those Redskins teams know one of the reasons given for the switch to home whites was Dallas.

19 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

The Eagle used to wear white at home specifically to make the Cowboys wear blue too. Not all the time but did it a lot in the mid 80's - mid 90's

22 hours ago, johnnysama said:

Re: The 70th Anniversary uniform: I like how Darrell Green had that much sleeves on his jersey in the 21st century- almost fits that old school look to a degree.

Byron Maxwell (dolphins DB) wears the QB style sleeves as well

13 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Sidebar to the subject of this thread...my wife and I were at dinner the other night. Me: "I am so glad the Saints are finally ditching the 'toilet seat' collars." Her: "Do you know how sad that is?" :P

She's wrong!  Well, she's right.  But she's wrong!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived