NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Just lose the black (or downplay it some) and bring back the gray/silver and you have a winner. 

Gray and silver are both present in this photo.. The silver in the wings is tough to see due to the light reflecting I think, although it could be a result of the photo shopping..

make the wings that dark silver color too then we're in business.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I don't like that at all. Either stick with the current uniforms or go all the way.

I think this could easily have been the evolution of the eagles we got back when they redesigned, had they chosen to keep kelly instead of moving to the midnight green

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

I think this could easily have been the evolution of the eagles we got back when they reassigned, had they chosen to keep kelly instead of moving to the midnight green

I get that, it just looks really bizarre with those numbers.

2 hours ago, Bolt957 said:

I'd actually like to see the Eagles keep midnight green, but eliminate black; it would effectively make silver & white its supporting colors. Jets need to return to Kelly Green.

This is something I want to see. I like the slightly brighter green the home jerseys are now using, I just want to see them use that shade on everything. 

YVRMUBj.png

36 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I get that, it just looks really bizarre with those numbers.

This is something I want to see. I like the slightly brighter green the home jerseys are now using, I just want to see them use that shade on everything. 

The jets or the eagles? Because neither changed their shade of green, the eagles just updated their template which means their uniforms are now matte rather than shimmer fabric. 

55 minutes ago, dont care said:

The jets or the eagles? Because neither changed their shade of green, the eagles just updated their template which means their uniforms are now matte rather than shimmer fabric. 

Eagles.The shade of green on the home jerseys appears brighter than the green on the white jerseys.

YVRMUBj.png

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The charcoal gray is horrible... muddies up the whole look.

1. Trade kelly green for the midnight green.

2. Trade silver for the charcoal.

3. Fix number font.

4. Lose the asymmetrical pants stripe.

Also he needs to use this pants stripe pattern on the silver pants. Black/White/Kelly Green/White/Black.

The number font needs to be back to the regular block numbers or the Champion Numbers.

On 7/10/2017 at 11:13 AM, Gothamite said:

I'd be okay with a small decal on the back of the helmet or something, but a big patch on the front of the jersey kind of ruins the whole point of a "team over individual" uniform.  

Not to mention it's incredibly ugly. What exactly does this patch tell us about Aaron Rodgers?

aaron-rodgers-ftr-010817jpg_udkdygfq379e

He's respected by his peers.  Okay.  And that they've felt that way about him for a uncertain period of time that's undefined but at least half a decade in a row.

It's just bad design, like they never considered any players would have careers longer than five years.

I think the the point of the five stars is like it's an achievement to be captain for 5 years.  It's not exactly to count the years, just to reach five and get the gold C. 

Think of it like a five-star general.   At some point in the army you can reach the ultimate honor of becoming a five star general.  That's the top. (I think, if there's someone in the military that wants to correct me that's fine I don't really know this for sure, just using this hypothetical to illustrate the NFL's intent). 

So once you become a five star general it doesn't really matter if you've been one for 3 years or 20 years.  Same with five star captain.      That's the intent anyway, not to literally count the years but to track to progress to the gold C. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived