NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

3 hours ago, beast3 said:

Do the Panthers have the same UCLA style stripe?

Cam-Newton-Kevin-C.-Cox-Getty-Images.jpg

No, UCLA has a tri stripe with all stripes being the same width, also they don't connect all the way around, the panthers center stripe is thicker, and depending on the cut they connect all the way around or not.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is that photo taken from a game?  That doesn't look like an on-field jersey.  The sleeves look a little bit loose and tucked up under the shoulder pads like late 90s style.

No, it's a promotional photo, the uniforms for next season were just unveiled. 

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

So that's the Vikings and the Bears.   Hope the visiting teams wear throwbacks.

Unless there's some hidden surprise, the Vikings can't wear throwbacks, because they currently don't exist. But the thought of them taking the field on Thanksgiving Day looking something like this;

football-minnesota-vikings-mick-tingelho

... makes me very happy.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Unless there's some hidden surprise, the Vikings can't wear throwbacks, because they currently don't exist. But the thought of them taking the field on Thanksgiving Day looking something like this;

football-minnesota-vikings-mick-tingelho

... makes me very happy.

Always loved that font.  The 1 with all right angles just makes me happy.

Still hoping the Packers would bring back their version.

don-hutson_pg_600.jpg

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

So that's the Vikings and the Bears.   Hope the visiting teams wear throwbacks.

The Vikings are possible. I would think the Bears wear their all navy color rush on the Saturday Night game however. 

7 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

Lions will wear their throwbacks on Thanksgiving and the color rush on Decemeber 16 against the Bears (Saturday game broadcasted by the NFL network)

When are teams like the Texans, Bears, and Panthers going to announce their jersey schedules? They normally do so once July 1 has come and gone.

7 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

Lions will wear their throwbacks on Thanksgiving and the color rush on Decemeber 16 against the Bears (Saturday game broadcasted by the NFL network)

The color rush silver jersey would look fantastic...if it was not paired with the unitard silver pants.  

18 hours ago, msubulldog said:

When are teams like the Texans, Bears, and Panthers going to announce their jersey schedules? They normally do so once July 1 has come and gone.

I am 1000% certain they will wear white their first two home games against the Bills and the Saints.

My guess is that they will wear their alternate blues against the Falcons (Nov. 5 and I don't believe they ever worn the alts against Atlanta) and either Dec. 10 against the Vikings or the 17th against Green Bay.  I believe it will be against the Vikes.

And as a bonus, if the Panthers win the division and host at least one home playoff game, they will wear white!!

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Yeah, I would really like the silver set if it had the blue pants (maybe even white) and blue numbers. The white numbers on gray looks really weird.

Blue numbers would blend with the silver and be hard to read

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's because it's not silver... it's that new semi-useless darker gray they're shoehorning in.

Lions-2.jpg

Dear gawd that is awful. The Detroit Lions' silver is beautiful. Nike needs to stop pushing their basic color templates on teams; especially when it isn't even one of their official colors.

You just made the Iron List!!

Iron List.png

2 minutes ago, Classic Man said:

Dear gawd that is awful. The Detroit Lions' silver is beautiful. Nike needs to stop pushing their basic color templates on teams; especially when it isn't even one of their official colors.

It's especially weird in this case.  On the primary home and road uniforms, that dark gray shows up in exactly one place... the trim around the numbers;

maxresdefault.jpg

It's not anywhere on the helmet, or the pants, or the socks. Just the relatively thin outline around the numbers.  Don't get me wrong, I think the above is a pretty nice uniform, and an obvious upgrade over anything they've worn since adding black.  I even think the dark gray trim on the numbers is a nice touch... without it, I'm not sure the jersey design works.  I just think it's odd that it's just in that one place. (Personally, I would've made the outside trim of the helmet decal the same dark gray.)

As it stands, it does give the impression that the sole reason for the dark gray's inclusion was to give them an excuse to make this Color Rush uniform;

tempGSC33375--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Which is easily the worst part of the redesign.

26 minutes ago, BeardedFool said:

Safe to assume that the bears won't be in navy for the color rush game against the charcoal Lions?  White?  Or ... *giddy* ... orange?

Their color rush unis are navy, their should be enough contrast 

IMG_3729.PNG

Archived