NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

Not a fan of the Jets one - should have gone with a green helmet instead of some arbitrary shade of gray that isn't part of their identity and another 3 shades of green

new-york-jets_pg_600.jpg

However, I wish the Buccs would switch to this one today

tampa-bay-buccaneers_pg_600.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Patriots just bought their own planes for travel, with appropriate livery:

patriotsplane*750xx676-380-17-0.jpg

Seems strange to have Elvis facing backwards on the port engine, but that's probably because they don't have a wordmark version where he faces left.   So you'd have incongruity:

badpatriotsplane.jpg.b0fa5169c491e00f4dd874e573b974d4.jpg

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Seems strange to have Elvis facing backwards on the port engine, but that's probably because they don't have a wordmark version where he faces left.   So you'd have incongruity:

Seems like it would make better sense for them to put the letter-only wordmark on the fuselage, and then forward-facing logos on the engines.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Do they think they're a soccer team with the stars over the wordmark?

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Seems like it would make better sense for them to put the letter-only wordmark on the fuselage, and then forward-facing logos on the engines.

Do they have a version without the logo?    There doesn't appear to be one in the style guide, and the jersey version includes Elvis.

bal-tom-brady-and-the-patriots-wont-chea

Now, no reason they can't create a version without Elvis, and they certainly should, but it doesn't look like they've got one now.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Do they have a version without the logo?    There doesn't appear to be one in the style guide, and the jersey version includes Elvis.

Now, no reason they can't create a version without Elvis, and they certainly should, but it doesn't look like they've got one now.

I think you're right they don't have one...though it seems like I've see it somewhere (or maybe I just don't see the Elvis those times)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

And yet at the same time, I find it hard to believe they couldn't merely just flip the logo on the wordmark and have a left-facing version. Really, how hard could that be?

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

So they bought a 767?

The lombardi trophies on the fin thingy is great.  The back part of the body should be silver/gray though.  The old wordmark would have worked better.  This one has to have the logo under it to fill in the arch.  Should have just gone with stars on the engines..

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, C-Squared said:

How does this rule work exactly? I'm positive Tyrod has worn white cleats in the past.

Yeah Tyrod has worn white cleats on multiple occasions. However, I'm unaware of any instance where he was fined for it. It seems like the rules allow for players to wear white or black.

38 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Yeah Tyrod has worn white cleats on multiple occasions. However, I'm unaware of any instance where he was fined for it. It seems like the rules allow for players to wear white or black.

If they were a black shoe team and he wore white, you can bet he got fined. 

Won't matter now because the Bills will be wearing white as a team this year.  With random blues and reds thrown in to make it as non-uniform as possible.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:56 PM, SteamerStan said:

Looks like the Lions, Browns and Bills are switching to white shoes this year.

Where did you see this?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Browns have striped socks now?

DG0cR1HV0AA4Gb9.jpg

I did a quick mock up and I'm surprised how much I like it.

Browns_socks.png

Unfortunately I doubt they are adding stripes and it was probably just the designer trying to keep the graphics consistent.

Archived