NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

I did a quick mock up and I'm surprised how much I like it.

Browns_socks.png

Unfortunately I doubt they are adding stripes and it was probably just the designer trying to keep the graphics consistent.

Stripes on the socks are needed for every team that wants the leotard look.  For the Browns; lose the pants text, chest stripe extension and use white for text and numbers for the home jersey.  I actually like the orange road numbers, don't know if I'm alone on that one.

17 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

So they bought a 767?

Yes. Two, in fact.

On 8/9/2017 at 11:43 AM, Gothamite said:

Do they have a version without the logo?    There doesn't appear to be one in the style guide, and the jersey version includes Elvis.

bal-tom-brady-and-the-patriots-wont-chea

Now, no reason they can't create a version without Elvis, and they certainly should, but it doesn't look like they've got one now.

They're certainly able to have a version sans-Elvis, but I believe this is the only time it's been used in an official capacity.

2pt1-3.png?w=640&h=356

4 hours ago, dbofox said:

Stripes on the socks are needed for every team that wants the leotard look.  For the Browns; lose the pants text, chest stripe extension and use white for text and numbers for the home jersey.  I actually like the orange road numbers, don't know if I'm alone on that one.

It's amazing what a few quick tweaks would do.  I'm okay keeping orange numbers, I just think the drop shadows make the jerseys too busy and make the numbers harder to distinguish.

Browns_Tweaks.png

7 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I did a quick mock up and I'm surprised how much I like it.

Browns_socks.png

Unfortunately I doubt they are adding stripes and it was probably just the designer trying to keep the graphics consistent.

Get rid of the drop shadow on the numbers and it'll be SO much better

On 10/19/2016 at 0:36 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

Falcons new throwback looks good even with the black helmet. Although the red would look way better imo

tempHero_Composite--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

If a change is to ever come, which it probably will, I'd like to see a matte or satin red helmet and use these uniforms as a base.

50 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

No sock stripes. 

I'm digging the return to white shoes! 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Mildly interesting uniform note:  The following list of teams now default to wearing white shoes/cleats. This is the first time since the 2005 NFL season that at least half the league has done so. 

Lions

Bears

Cowboys

Giants

Rams

Titans

Texans

Steelers

Browns

Patriots 

Dolphins

Bills

Chargers

Broncos 

Chiefs 

Raiders

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

But how many of the players on those white shoe teams will opt to wear team color shoes instead? NFL may just need to make team color shoes a third team option in future seasons. I really like the inclusion of colored shoes in the league, but it needs to be the entire team doing it.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Couple pics of the Falcons finally in action. As a fan, I've been looking forward to my team finally updating templates. They've worn the exact same template since 2003 and it had begun to look outdated with the old school mesh and various panels.

I know most everyone on the board dislikes these uniforms, but this update does look so much cleaner to me. The design is pretty much unchanged. The angle of the white sleeve stripes is ever so slightly different (probably only ATL fans may notice) and it now has a full collar rather than a tapered collar. Also, the sleeve pattern now fills the sleeve cap whereas before it used to curve a bit towards the front and back of the jersey and get slightly narrower in the center of the sleeve pattern. On the away set, the red collar trim now comes to a stop at the base of the mesh collar triangle.

I can dig these uniforms again with this update. They are modern but not garish like the Browns, Bucs, or Jags.

Also, haven't found a great picture but the Dolphins appear to be wearing the new template jersey but the old style pants.

IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG

I still don't understand why the Jets, of all teams (!) won't make the switch. Joe Namath was a literal trendsetter when he did it in the 60s. 

IMG_4957.JPG

Archived