NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

14 hours ago, Ark said:

This is the best they ever looked

LVKvD2Y.jpg

The pants stripes are thinner than they were in the late 90s. They should have never changed from this. 

The helmet needs just a touch of red but I agree this is the best look the Falcons have had.  I prefer the black helmet to the red one without a doubt.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Ark said:

This is the best they ever looked

LVKvD2Y.jpg

The pants stripes are thinner than they were in the late 90s. They should have never changed from this. 

Disagree -- this was my favorite Falcons look:

image.thumb.jpeg.96337c9573986c5f41cd2b363df204c4.jpeg

Unpopular opinion alert: This was the best-looking new NFL uniform of the post-2000 era, including anything Nike has done.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

37 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Disagree -- this was my favorite Falcons look:

image.thumb.jpeg.96337c9573986c5f41cd2b363df204c4.jpeg

Unpopular opinion alert: This was the best-looking new NFL uniform of the post-2000 era, including anything Nike has done.

I think this set was best with the striped socks they wore so few times. 

Go A's!

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, DeFrank said:

This is great news. I'm of the opinion that every NFL team looks better in white shoes. 

And I'm of the opinion that most teams with dark uniforms (and black) ALWAYS look better in black shoes.

3 hours ago, SteamerStan said:

And I'm of the opinion that most teams with dark uniforms (and black) ALWAYS look better in black shoes.

Seeing the Raiders and Steelers in white shoes has always bugged me.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

My goodness the Rams look awful. The white horn looks cheap and the white face mask doesn't work. The mismatching jerseys and terrible pants stripe. A Frankenstein's monster of awful uniform elements. 

Those Cowboy blues are still gorgeous though. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

31 minutes ago, Korkie said:

My goodness the Rams look awful. The white horn looks cheap and the white face mask doesn't work. The mismatching jerseys and terrible pants stripe. A Frankenstein's monster of awful uniform elements. 

Those Cowboy blues are still gorgeous though. 

I agree.  Seeing them live on the field, the Rams look like a joke.  The white facemask is awful.  Who thought that would look good? And the rest of the uniform looks like something a high school team would wear in practice, with their leftover uniforms they still had in their equipment room that they wore 5 years ago.

And I have never gotten this thought that "we can't dare change uniforms and logos until we move into our new stadium".  Who gives a rip? 

They Jets might have fixed the green!!!

From tonight,

tempMK2_1023--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

And from last season.

tempMK2_3706--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

It could be a lighting thing, but I definitely see a darker green. The green shoulder stripe and the main body of the jersey seem to be the same green in the McCown picture, while the shoulder stripe is darker than the jersey in the Marshall picture.

IbjBaeE.png

...I like the Rams white horns and masks ? (If they can't have the traditional throwbacks helmets full time yet)

Also, the Rams did update to the new template so the collar is much better. Knew we saw this design in the mockups when they announced the helmet and pants changes, but everything I'd seen since then maintained the old template.

4 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

They Jets might have fixed the green!!!

From tonight,

tempMK2_1023--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

And from last season.

tempMK2_3706--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

It could be a lighting thing, but I definitely see a darker green. The green shoulder stripe and the main body of the jersey seem to be the same shade in the McCown picture, while they seem different in the Marshall picture.

The Jets absolutely fixed their green simply by the template change. Nike's old uniform had a ton of different panels made up of various materials ranging from the normal body, mesh on the underarms, back, and chest, as well as the stretchy shoulder stripes. The color would appear differently when wet with sweat across the different materials. The new design significantly reduces the different types of fabric and seams. The "mesh" parts aren't actually mesh at all, but rather laser cut holes. The use of one primary fabric allows for the Jets green to appear much more consistent.

You can see how many different panels there were on the old design here. It wasn't really a great idea and showed its age very quickly.

nike-football-uniform-template_271196.pn

Here's the new design for comparison:

2u63090.png

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

...I like the Rams white horns and masks ? (If they can't have the traditional throwbacks helmets full time yet)

Also, the Rams did update to the new template so the collar is much better. Knew we saw this design in the mockups when they announced the helmet and pants changes, but everything I'd seen since then maintained the old template.

Stunning!

4ffh6gt.png

On 8/10/2017 at 9:30 PM, aawagner011 said:

Couple pics of the Falcons finally in action. As a fan, I've been looking forward to my team finally updating templates. They've worn the exact same template since 2003 and it had begun to look outdated with the old school mesh and various panels.

I know most everyone on the board dislikes these uniforms, but this update does look so much cleaner to me. The design is pretty much unchanged. The angle of the white sleeve stripes is ever so slightly different (probably only ATL fans may notice) and it now has a full collar rather than a tapered collar. Also, the sleeve pattern now fills the sleeve cap whereas before it used to curve a bit towards the front and back of the jersey and get slightly narrower in the center of the sleeve pattern. On the away set, the red collar trim now comes to a stop at the base of the mesh collar triangle.

I can dig these uniforms again with this update. They are modern but not garish like the Browns, Bucs, or Jags.

Also, haven't found a great picture but the Dolphins appear to be wearing the new template jersey but the old style pants.

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG

Also as a falcons fan, i think it looks even worse, sorry. the sleeve cap striping doesn't translate well to this template, having even less real estate now, and it still looks so outdated. they've had many opportunities to change this look and i'm extremely disappointed that they still haven't-- especially this latest opportunity with the new stadium.

I was at the Cowboys-Rams game tonight and I absolutely loved the new Rams' helmets. They look great and from a distance, the gold on the uniform is hardly noticeable. Once you look at replays on the giant scoreboards then it's painfully noticeable, but to be honest, I was too busy being annoyed with all of the horrendous knockoff jerseys at the stadium.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived