NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/13/2017 at 4:14 PM, IceBurgs70 said:

That shade of blue looks even better under sunlight.

My favorite picture to prove your point. 

tempGSC71275--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Now just fix those terrible shoulder stripes.

I'm not sure if it would fix what you're referring to, but it would seem that changing the Jets' white side shoulder panels to green would be a good start.  The outer white stripe gets lost against it.

The Bengals could help themselves tremendously by doing the same.  The black panel on the ends of the shoulders are not good.  Just make the whole thing orange and put black stripes on it.  Having part of it orange with black stripes and then black with orange stripes is silly and hideous.

Vontaze%20Burfict%20Cincinnati%20Bengals%20v%20Arizona%205KoZ9YH87ZHl.jpghi-res-644742fb734f2b6f0fd271c24b798bd5_crop_north.jpg?1446835152&w=630&h=420

Not to mention that orange stripes on a black bakground isn't how tigers work. That's such an obvious change. It's no wonder the Bengals won't do it. I wish they'd just eliminate the orange yoke altogether. It's so unnecessary and weird and comes out of nowhere to appear on the white shirts. I've never understood why it's there and we're in year 14 of these uniforms, which is hard to believe. 

Compare that photo above to the new template 

DHSZkWQXgAElYnq.jpg

I think the new full collar on the black and orange jerseys looks much much better, but the horseshoe worked for the white jerseys. I feel like the orange yoke drops too low on the chest. I also would've shrunken the 50th anniversary logo and put it inside the orange yoke underneath the numbers. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

17 hours ago, Chawls said:

My favorite picture to prove your point. 

tempGSC71275--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

The numbers might be too muddy, but everything else about this uniform is fantastic. The blue, white shoes, lack of black, and great stripes overcome the dumb numbers/WCF. Great upgrade.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

On 8/11/2017 at 9:27 AM, DeFrank said:

This is great news. I'm of the opinion that every NFL team looks better in white shoes. 

Only the old AFL teams should wear white shoes. The Bears in white shoes? Dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Only the old AFL teams should wear white shoes. The Bears in white shoes? Dumb.

Agreed on the Bears, and I don't love the Lions' switching back to white. Then again, the Lions have been a white-shoe team for most of the Super Bowl era, including the "glory days"/Barry years, so the move isn't quite as jarring.

Maybe indoor/carpet teams should wear white shoes too. But old-school black cleats feel right for historic franchises like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Steelers, Eagles, Cardinals, etc.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

20 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Yeah, Seattle is the only team that makes monochrome work.

The only teams who make monochrome work are teams with contrasting or striped socks. Throw some green or gray stripes (or both) on there, even if they're that wing pattern like the pants, and it's a big upgrade. Still not as good as gray pants look but an upgrade nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Ye gods, do I hate the "No Fun" epithet.  It's such a cheap and lazy criticism of things that really are the purview of a league (like uniform regulations). 

Yea, There's a lot to call them the no fun league for. Wearing your uniform correctly isn't one of them.

On 8/15/2017 at 6:13 PM, the admiral said:

Maybe indoor/carpet teams should wear white shoes too. But old-school black cleats feel right for historic franchises like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Steelers, Eagles, Cardinals, etc.

IYHO.  The Cardinals' current uniform is nowhere near historic. It looks better with white shoes.  The Eagles' uniform is debatable only because of its darker colors.  The Giants were actually the first team ever to wear white shoes with their uniforms all the way back in 1950.

giants-at-cle-acp-12_17_50.jpg

1950_NYGiants.png?6181

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived