NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/14/2017 at 8:58 AM, DouglasQuaid said:

i like when they wear the blue pants during away games but I would love if they only wore the gray pants for home and away. Also scrap the white pants, I cant stand them.

I know I've said this before, but I wish they would scrap the monochrome look altogether. I wish white and grey jerseys pants had the same green accents the navy's do for consistency, but they would look great going:

Home: Blue over Grey

Away: White over navy or grey

Alt: Grey over blue. It looks so sharp, wish they would try it.

4dGK

SEAsig.png

6 hours ago, Dnice said:

Since BlazerBlaze brought up the stadium tour, I don't remember seeing any updates of late, so I'll just post one from today's AJC.com

https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/2017/8/15/16153724/mercedes-benz-stadium-tour-review

IMG_2748.0.jpg

Disappointed they're keeping the end zones the way they were. As much as it pains me to remember the super bowl, the falcons' endzone looked really sharp. Black would even look pretty cool. Now would've been the perfect time to do it. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

What's the seating capacity of the Mercedes Butz Dome? It looks kind of small for what it is. The whole stadium looks like an execution of a gimmick rather than a place to watch sports.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

What's the seating capacity of the Mercedes Butz Dome? It looks kind of small for what it is. The whole stadium looks like an execution of a gimmick rather than a place to watch sports.

Extendable to 83,000 according to Wikipedia.

4ffh6gt.png

6 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The new MBS is anything but small. 2 million square feet versus 1.6 at the Georgia Dome. Side by side, it dwarfs the old building.

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1285.JPG

Also, it has a really cool feature in one of the endzones with a massive glass wall they're calling the "window to the city." Lets in a lot of natural light. They're doing an open house on Saturday for season ticket holders and I'm exited to see it.

IMG_1283.JPG

3 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

How do they figure that it can expand to an extra 12,000 seats? Unless there are sections that will be covered for regular games and only opened for larger events.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

9 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Disappointed they're keeping the end zones the way they were. As much as it pains me to remember the super bowl, the falcons' endzone looked really sharp. Black would even look pretty cool. Now would've been the perfect time to do it. 

I agree. I feel the same way about the Saints' endzones too. Indoor teams that play on turf should always have their endzones colored. 

All those angled walls on the field are pretty ugly and messy looking. I don't like it. 

13 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

In retrospect, Chuck Taylors did not really work well as a cleat.

I believe they used to do that back before fields had heaters under them. Cleats would slide on top of the hard ground like ice skates. Converse allowed them to have them a little better grip. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

Interesting. The building itself looks huge; it's the seating area that looks comparatively small.

I guess we'll see at the next ATLUTD game ⚽

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

They don't color it because they share it with Atlanta United. Soccer teams on colored turf doesn't work well especially near the goals

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

2 hours ago, Matito said:

How do they figure that it can expand to an extra 12,000 seats? Unless there are sections that will be covered for regular games and only opened for larger events.

Probably similar to AT&T Stadium in Dallas. I'm guessing they can add in some temporary seats where the "window to the city" is behind the endzone.

36 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

why again did Atlanta build another domed stadium?

Because it will host a multitude of events beyond 10 Falcons games a season. It will host Atlanta United, Super Bowls, SEC Championships, CFP Peach Bowl, the Final Four, concerts, motocross, etc. This gives them the ability to control the climate if necessary but they can open it up when they like. They are working on automating the functionality of the roof and that is expected to debut later this fall.

I really like modern/futuristic looking stadiums, so I love this. However, I really wish they painted the endzones solid. If you're not on a grass field, there's no good reason as to why you can't paint the endzones.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm absolutely dumbfounded that the Falcons changed literally NOTHING about their brand to coincide with the new stadium. This was the perfect opportunity to update their ultra-early-2000's logo and jerseys or at least go back to the original logo full-time (which I see all over this city every single day; the people here love the throwback look). They didn't even change the ugly double-text end zone. Color me bummed.

ClAFLDa.png

Archived