NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2017 at 3:29 PM, Gothamite said:

Agreed.  Doesn't work for old-school teams. 

What are the perimeters for "old-school teams"? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 8/16/2017 at 3:29 PM, Gothamite said:

Agreed.  Doesn't work for old-school teams. 

Bears looked fine in the '70s and '80s wearing white shoes. Prefer white shoes for football and basketball, and those seem mainstream at this point, unlike baseball. 

https://solecollector.com/news/2017/08/custom-starbucks-nike-cleats-mache-stefon-diggs?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily all&utm_content=Daily all CID_8bbeb9f366acb9f017825fbc0d85453e&utm_source=Campaign Monitor newsletter&utm_term=Vikings Player to Wear Custom Starbucks Nike Cleats for Seattle Game

Speaking of shows, Stefon Diggs wants to wear Starbucks-themed shows at the preseason game in Seattle.  The article implies that he "will" but later suggests the NFL will not allow it.  I have to think it'll be the latter.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

24 minutes ago, bowld said:

Really wish Wash would go back to the maroon pants. I don't hate the yellow but miss the white jersey/maroon pants combo

610391984.jpg&w=480

Do you mean you miss them wearing that combo at home? Because if you just mean you miss it in general, then I have to point out that they returned to it last season and wore it for every single road game... In fact, that photo is even from last season...

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 8/15/2017 at 4:35 PM, Gothamite said:

Ye gods, do I hate the "No Fun" epithet.  It's such a cheap and lazy criticism of things that really are the purview of a league (like uniform regulations). 

I generally agree although I do think the tinted-visor rule is out of place.

On 8/15/2017 at 7:13 PM, the admiral said:

Maybe indoor/carpet teams should wear white shoes too. But old-school black cleats feel right for historic franchises like the Bears, Packers, Giants, Steelers, Eagles, Cardinals, etc.

I've never been a fan of teams without black in their color scheme having black anywhere in the uniform, and that includes cleats. Might be unpopular but I'd much rather teams like the Bears and Pack use white cleats.

On 8/13/2017 at 3:13 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm having a hard time trying to read the Lions' numbers from a distance. The outline (or the whole thing in general) should've been white.

I've had no trouble reading the Lions numbers, which is weird cause my eye sight ain't the greatest.

NSFCvyu.png

5 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

tempGSC89644--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?widtempGSC89981--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

Lions looked FANTASTIC at home tonight. I'm really loving the Barry Sanders era vibe I'm feeling from these unis.

On the other side, the Jets' road unis looked solid with the new and improved shade of green,

I still wish the numbers for the Lions were white. 

XM4KeeA.png

I know the Texans have two fields (college/high school and Texans) but last night it looked like a new field with the numbers in the same font as their jerseys which is cool but the logo and endzones were painted?...I hope they are just doing this because Lsu byu play in a couple weeks and it isn't worth switching fields non stop does anyone have any info? I loved the field last year going back to blue endzones and the bigger logo all stitched in rather than painted and it all popped more than the other field that paint the stuff on. 

7 hours ago, insert name said:

I still wish the numbers for the Lions were white. 

or at least some white. The numbers are kinda muddy, but it's still way better than last years 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

13 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

tempGSC89644--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?widtempGSC89981--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

Lions looked FANTASTIC at home tonight. I'm really loving the Barry Sanders era vibe I'm feeling from these unis.

On the other side, the Jets' road unis looked solid with the new and improved shade of green,

Is it? Or i it just the lighting? Because when we played at home last week it looked like the same ol darkish green that they steadily evolved into  since 98

Archived