NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

9 hours ago, BlueSky said:

When bolts go awry...from last night's Saints-Chargers matchup. At least two O-linemen (#s 78 & 79) had right-side bolts on the left sides of their helmets. Guess it's preseason for the equipment staff too.  :wacko:

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

Bunch of amateurs.  The organization shoots itself in the foot time and time again.  

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, larrypep said:

Bunch of amateurs.  The organization shoots itself in the foot time and time again.  

They do. Funny how the backwards bolts now match the jersey bolts. 

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

News to me: Atlanta's new stadium appears to incorporate the wing of their logo into a huge section of seats in one of the endzones.  Surely this means they aren't changing logos anytime soon if ever right?  

falcons-mercedes-benz-stadium-chick-fil-a-closed-sundays.jpg

I live in Atlanta and they're having trouble with the roof. What's funny to me is why they even bothered - the opening is so small it's hardly worth the trouble. It won't be anything close to an open-air venue even with the roof open, at least from the pics.

newsEngin.18331071_040417-atlanta-aerial

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

After watching a few Lions highlight videos, I can see some concerns with the numbers and their lack of contrast on the blue jersey.   Any chance they could be forced to change those next season?  Add a white outline or make the numbers themselves white?

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

News to me: Atlanta's new stadium appears to incorporate the wing of their logo into a huge section of seats in one of the endzones.  Surely this means they aren't changing logos anytime soon if ever right?  

Seat replacement could be an option if they drastically change logos.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 hours ago, BlueSky said:

When bolts go awry...from last night's Saints-Chargers matchup. At least two O-linemen (#s 78 & 79) had right-side bolts on the left sides of their helmets. Guess it's preseason for the equipment staff too.  :wacko:

IMG_0070.JPG

Is it a distress signal like an upside down flag?

"HELP ME! I'M ON THE CHARGERS"

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I bet that place will be loud considering how close everyone is to the field.  What was wrong with the Georgia Dome again?

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

55 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

What was wrong with the Georgia Dome again?

It was 25 years old and way too old ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

10 minutes ago, kimball said:

It was 25 years old and way too old ...

Apparently the climate in Atlanta causes all structures to age twice as fast as in the rest of the country.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yeah it was old but was it falling apart? Was it breaking down? 

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

2 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I live in Atlanta and they're having trouble with the roof. What's funny to me is why they even bothered - the opening is so small it's hardly worth the trouble. It won't be anything close to an open-air venue even with the roof open, at least from the pics.

This why I was so glad the Vikings went with the clear roof on the one side, it has a more outdoor feel than retractable football stadiums that have been built to date. 

11 hours ago, larrypep said:

Gives us something to point and laugh at if nothing else. And best part is, since they have no fan base to speak of there's few people to offend as you mock them.

1 hour ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Yeah it was old but was it falling apart? Was it breaking down? 

Nope. The people in Metro Atlanta are just suckers and let their governments replace two perfectly fine stadiums that were at worst average for their respective leagues with shiny slightly nicer toys, on a large chunk of the public's dime.

1 hour ago, SCL said:

This why I was so glad the Vikings went with the clear roof on the one side, it has a more outdoor feel than retractable football stadiums that have been built to date. 

3 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Never realized how flat ATL is. Not even a small hill in sight

4 hours ago, BlueSky said:

1 hour ago, bosrs1 said:

Nope. The people in Metro Atlanta are just suckers and let their governments replace two perfectly fine stadiums that were at worst average for their respective leagues with shiny slightly nicer toys, on a large chunk of the public's dime.

Well, be thankful that Atlanta built it...or else we might be having an NFL threesome in Los Angeles this season.  :lol:

4 hours ago, BlueSky said:

1 hour ago, SCL said:

Just saw the stadium in person on Saturday for the season ticket holders open house event and it is incredible. That retractable roof opening might look small from the outside but that's because the building is so massive. The opening shares the same space as the halo board and that's a real sight to behold.

While it isn't truly open air, it does a good job of being the best of both worlds. The concourses and corners have a lot of glass letting in natural light, and of course the "window to the city" is absolutely gigantic. I think it'll be great to open it up on a nice fall day but also keep it closed on a hot day with some of that natural light coming in.

My understanding of the roof delay is that it moves but is currently manually operated. They are working on the automation process given that the roof petals are different sizes and they have to travel at different speeds to open and close simultaneously. I'm confident they'll get that figured out eventually given they've already manually operated it multiple times now.

44 minutes ago, bowld said:

Never realized how flat ATL is. Not even a small hill in sight

While Atlanta and the surrounding area isn't super hilly, there are tons of smaller rolling hills. Not big, but they're there.

Here are some pics from the open house I attended:

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG

4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

I bet that place will be loud considering how close everyone is to the field.  What was wrong with the Georgia Dome again?

As others stated, not a damn thing, just like Turner Field, which the Braves abandoned for the new Suntrust Park. Two ridiculous wastes of public money. Glad I don't live in Atlanta proper.

Aside from the roof, they've just had the usual routine issues pop up due to the design of the new stadium. You know, like blinding nearby residents in their homes.

The news interviewed one of the project staff about the roof the other day. He explained that each of the "petals" weighs 500 tons and is situated atop two rails - one that moves it to open the roof and one that keeps it from falling into the stadium. Hope they upgraded to the heavy-duty steel for that one.  :blink:

Can you imagine the irony if the roof sticks at 3/4 of the way closed? :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

On 8/12/2017 at 3:24 AM, Tracy Jordan said:

ICome wish the Bucs would roll out an orange jersey to wear over white pants. Something similar to what the QBs wear in practice...

If they made a more modernized version of the creamsicle throwback unis and paired it with the pewter helmets, I bet it would look pretty good as an alternate look.

I still prefer the Vikes new stadium, that place is beautiful.

Archived