NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Too bad the Dolphins outlines on the numbers don't show up as well from afar as they do up close

DIBgWapXcAAZUtD.jpg

These still look great to me despite what others say

I would be more inclined to agree with you if the aqua actually looked that rich in action.  It usually looks more washed out, like this.

ryan-tannehill.jpgsfl-dolphins-could-make-playoffs-next-se

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I never understood that logo. Are they trying to depict the Chargers as a lightning bolt or a mustang? You can't have it both ways (looking at you, Rays).

As @BlueSky said, a knight's horse was called a "charger."

The rarely-used update of the horse logo from the 90s made the knight connection clearer...

BMX42Hs.gif

Edit- this program from their previous season in LA, 1960, also plays up the knight theme...

20gyRf5.jpg

2 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Talk about throwing it back...maybe they'll return to their original uniforms as well (without the numbers on the helmets).

IMG_6292.JPG

Yes! Pacific Blue, their true original color and better looking IMO than Powder Blue. 

C2EA83B8-8AEF-447E-B3A1-8F376C4E9374-16589-00000EE87E27EC7C.jpeg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

They don't have their own city, they don't have their own stadium - may as well get started on the brand. As a tertiary logo, its fine, I guess... fleeting 60-year-old nostalgia aside, nobody has a problem with another (similarly-rendered) horsehead logo in the West? Tack on an eyepatch and change the crest to an arrowhead and they'll be sufficiently subservient across the board.

9 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The rarely-used update of the horse logo from the 90s made the knight connection clearer...

BMX42Hs.gif

Thank goodness it was rarely used.  It's terrible.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

9 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

20gyRf5.jpg

Sorry for splitting Ice Cap's post, but I just noticed this.

The program cover looks like it was designed for a game against the Oilers.  Take a close look at the crest on the opponent's tent.

13 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

The program cover looks like it was designed for a game against the Oilers.  Take a close look at the crest on the opponent's tent.

this is a preseason game so maybe the didn't bother designing a cover specific for this game, and just used an extra one.     According to the old farmers Wikipedia the chargers hosted the oilers on 11/13 and the titans on 12/18

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

On 8/23/2017 at 6:55 PM, Sykotyk said:

As for MetLife Stadium, I've been there. The feel you get entering and walking around does not match with the price tag. AT&T Stadium is great, though the retractable roof is overkill. A great stadium, to me, has been Lucas Oil Stadium. Which is a slightly smaller AT&T Stadium in seating bowl, more rugged and industrial feel to the concourses and roof structure, and doesn't feel as spaced apart. Though the giant videoboard is missing.

My biggest complaint about Metlife was how lifeless it always felt - everything is neutral gray (by necessity with the Giants and Jets sharing) - you also feel so far from the action / fans. Giants Stadium had a much more packed in "wall of sound" feel to it.

3 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

The date implies this is a preseason game so maybe the didn't bother designing a cover specific for this game, and just used an extra one.     According to the old farmers Wikipedia the chargers hosted the oilers on 11/13 and the titans on 12/18

I originally typed that the cover must be recycled, then I looked at the date again.  According to the Chargers website, the Titans game was their first preseason game.

http://www.chargers.com/team/history/chronology/1959-1969

10 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

As @BlueSky said, a knight's horse was called a "charger."

BMX42Hs.gif

This horse looks ready for some weird fetish party. 

33 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

What's also interesting that the two later meet each other in first AFL championship game.

4ffh6gt.png

Archived