Bad Small Business Logos

Frenchie

I went through a few pages of posts in this section (General Design) and was surprised that there was no such thread.

We all know that small business doesn't have to mean cheap crappy identity.

So when I saw the attached yesterday, I couldn't help myself... I had to post it... I have this sick sense of humour...

So ladies and gentlemen, if you like to share some really bad logos you encounter, feel free to flood this thread.

(If mods feel it's not a very productive thread, feel free to delete it) 

IMG_20161010_154802_edit.jpg

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

19 minutes ago, dont care said:

What's funny about it?

Funny in a "not funny" / sad way...  I can't think on a single thing that is right about that logo... 

@Frenchie_TO

37 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

The thing I don't get is why isn't the T where that seemingly random triangle is?

Probably because it would "deface" the CN Tower shape (I can't believe I'm "defending" this design...)

@Frenchie_TO

18 hours ago, Frenchie said:

I can't think on a single thing that is right about that logo... 

Is that some kind of protuberance affixed to the top of the van, designed to align with the portion of the CN Tower that is painted on the side of the van?  If so, that's rather clever.

But, yeah, this logo has nothing going for it.  Still, the lack of a thread on this topic is probably due to the fact that small businesses having bad logos is the norm.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Just now, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Is that some kind of protuberance affixed to the top of the van, designed to align with the portion of the CN Tower that is painted on the side of the van?  If so, that's rather clever.

But, yeah, this logo has nothing going for it.  Still, the lack of a thread on this topic is probably due to the fact that small businesses having bad logos is the norm.

There's no protuberance , this is still the side of the van, the lighting in the picture makes it look like it's the sky, it's not.

@Frenchie_TO

On 10/12/2016 at 0:37 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

That, and the fact that it's kind of punching down on business owners who don't have access to good graphic designers, and probably have no eye for (or software for) graphic design themselves. Small business owners with small budgets and time constraints aren't going to invest much time or money in designing a logo.

There's plenty of entities with more resources that have terrible logos/visual identities that we can pick apart. No need to punch down on small businesses.

Working at a place that does screen printing, embroidery  etc. 90% of the buisnesses and sports teams that come through have terrible logos. The 10% that are any good ere generally the simple 1 or two colour logos that can be made on things like paint etc.

LOGO.png

#closethread

If Microsoft charged a royalty on that Publisher abomination, they'd have made $1 TRILLION by now.  Literally every city I've ever been to has about a dozen plumbers, bakeries, exterminators and tailors that all use that logo.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived