2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad that Crappy and his elementary school offense is finally gone (Frans Nielsen even said it was simple when he got to Detroit.)  Hope Garth's basement door didn't hit im in the a$$ on the way out.  I'm hopeful that Garth won't have to worry too much about who he's going to get to rent his basement now because he should be gone too at the end of the season.  Awful coach who like disco lasted longer than he should have.

Maybe this will raise the battle level in Brooklyn a bit.

1 hour ago, tp49 said:

I'm hopeful that Garth won't have to worry too much about who he's going to get to rent his basement now because he should be gone too at the end of the season.

Garth Snow and Jim Nill built their respective teams in the same manner (poor drafting papered over by cap-predatory trades and free agency) with the same results (a second round, a first or two, a few misses), but one guy is a darling while the other is a washed-up dumb jock who rents his basement out to hobos.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I knew it! I've watched more hockey out of my market this year than I ever have before and I just couldn't help but notice this pattern where guys would start to tangle and then the officials would stop it. It's also resulted in a couple goofy instances where the officials held a guy while his sparring partner was able to get in a few free shots. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1. The Avs alternates had me thinking the Blackhawks were playing the late 90s Tampa Bay Lightning last night, so much so that I kept texting my Lightning-fan friend accidentally to give them a hard time.
  2. I squealed in a rather unmanly fashion at each of Kero and Hinostroza's goals. 
  3. I may also have swooned in a tumblr-girl way when goal-starved Teows dished the empty netter to Kero at the end of regulation.  
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Garth Snow and Jim Nill built their respective teams in the same manner (poor drafting papered over by cap-predatory trades and free agency) with the same results (a second round, a first or two, a few misses), but one guy is a darling while the other is a washed-up dumb jock who rents his basement out to hobos.

That's because one of them carries the sigil of Lord Holland.

Well, at least last night my girlfriend determined she wanted to salvage my opinion of the phrase "intent to blow."

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

20 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Pavelec: He got called up from the minors a day or two ago.

Pababib: Promptly allows his first goal on the first shot he faces.

Go figure that they finally win a game with him. Paul Maurice should be the next coach to go. The Jets are underachieving relative to a damn solid roster, partly because they take about six penalties a night.

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

Go figure that they finally win a game with him. Paul Maurice should be the next coach to go. The Jets are underachieving relative to a damn solid roster, partly because they take about six penalties a night.

Whatever post you made recently about some hockey expert saying the Jets likely won't make the playoffs....I saw the standings the other day and saw they were 3rd from last and wondered "Well what's he so up in arms about?".

Have they had their annual January/February derp streak yet?

Yeah, they just lost four in a row, including a blown late lead to the Kings. My issue was that they were tied with the Stars, who were still Very Much In It because said hockey expert has it out for Canadian teams, especially the Jets.

Jackets forgot they had a hockey game tonight, which is understandable in a way, given they were playing Canada's Least Essential Hockey Team.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It was one of those games where every shot was right into the goalie's chest protector and couldn't get any bounces on the ones that missed. OH NO, RYAN LAMBERT WAS RIGHT WE ARE BAD!

We get a good handful of those games every year with the Hawks. Some argue that lobbing a shot into the chest is Actually Good because it sets up a faceoff. Then the Hawks lose the faceoff. It goes on like this all night.

The team that does everything wrong, the second-place Blue Jackets, beat the team that does everything right, the tenth-place Hurricanes. Good. I'm starting to think that when people talk about the Hurricanes and possession, it's not about them having the puck, it's about holding them down and kissing them so hard you'll take their breath away.

Archived