2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

Denver's been a hospitality house for damn near everyone because the Avs have been run out of a broom closet for ten years and no one is actually from Denver anymore. It's Ski Diego.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks always have a good showing in Denver as well. Just from my anecdotal (Facebook) and experience, there's quite the pipeline from OC to CO. Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Boulder etc.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Surprised Marleau hadn't had a four-goal game before.  Congrats Patty!! In addition to Marleau's "Top Hat"(That's what I'm calling it! :)) , Burns scored his 20th goal of the season tonight.  He had a total of 27 goals last season.  

3 hours ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Surprised Marleau hadn't had a four-goal game before.  Congrats Patty!! In addition to Marleau's "Top Hat"(That's what I'm calling it! :))

Pants trick.

Glad it was Marleau and not Thornton.

7 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Ducks always have a good showing in Denver as well. Just from my anecdotal (Facebook) and experience, there's quite the pipeline from OC to CO. Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Boulder etc.

Yeah, I think Boulder gets the neo-hippies and Springs gets the young Christians.

Denver's mix of Californians and Chicagoans seems like it would get interesting. Driving in snow must be a treat.

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

Glad it was Marleau and not Thornton.

Yeah, I think Boulder gets the neo-hippies and Springs gets the young Christians.

Denver's mix of Californians and Chicagoans seems like it would get interesting. Driving in snow must be a treat.

Springs gets a lot of those, and military retirees, but their chrunchy granola hippie crowd seems to be on the rise. I visit regularly, since I know a lot of people, in the area, and I feel like I constantly am seeing more and more of them.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

It's perfect, though, because the most popular member already left the group for a solo career. The NHL booked And The Pips.

By the way, we're about three months through the season, and there is precisely one team in the Eastern Conference "under .500". The loser point drives me slightly more up the wall every day.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That's where he keeps his stash of Fireball.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

8 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

It's perfect, though, because the most popular member already left the group for a solo career. The NHL booked And The Pips.

By the way, we're about three months through the season, and there is precisely one team in the Eastern Conference "under .500". The loser point drives me slightly more up the wall every day.

As of right now, only four teams in the whole league (and none in the East) are under Bettman .500.

The whole Eastern Conference is no more than four points from the playoffs.

Yeah, these bye weeks have messed with the standings a tad hard to look at times.

Like Boston is one point behind Toronto and three behind Ottawa for the 2nd/3rd Atlantic spots. Toronto and Ottawa both have five games in hand on Boston. Minnesota is only two points ahead of Chicago, but has three games in hand. Not that it matters, but Colorado has six games in hand on St. Louis

Another thing I find interesting is the goal differentials. Only 6 teams in the West and 7 teams in the East have positive goal differentials. The positive GDs in the East are all huge too, except for Ottawa's +5. The West's are all fairly tame except for Minnesota's +47, but hey that Boudreau effect.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Cam Atkinson is replacing Malkin on the Metro all star team. Probably would've been on the team already were we doing a straight East vs West format. 

I'm not going to dig it up, but I'm pretty sure years ago I said on here that he'd be an All-Star. Kid can play. Not bad for anyone, really not bad for a sixth round pick. Nice job, Scott Howson.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's amazing to me that, for how sh•t the Devils have played this first half, that they're still in the playoff hunt. Thats... nuts.

I do wish the NHL, if they are gonna keep the shootout, go to the 3-point system.

3 points for a regulation win

2 points for an OT/SO win

1 point for an OT/SO loss

0 points for a regulation loss

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

10 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The Oilers.... are..... not terrible at hockey

This past game and the Flames beatdown have really driven this home for me. This isn't just McDavid and Talbot, Draisaitl and Maroon have been great (granted, playing with McDavid), Nuge is having a good season, Zack Kassian isn't terrible for once (that goal last night, WOW), and the defence lead by Adam Larson have been impressive even through injuries. I don't expect a long run but a playoff series at Rogers Place will be fun.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

If Edmo gets Anaheim in the 2/3, they have a coin-flip shot at beating a team that would appear to be outplaying its goal differential by quite a few points. If they surge into first and draw one of these crappy wildcard teams, they could easily come out of the division.

Archived