2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

St. Louis Blues create an awkward and convoluted "farewell season" to avoid firing Ken Hitchcock, end up firing him anyway. The Blues have fired all of the top four winningest coaches in NHL coaching history. They have zero Stanley Cups.

/Yay us.

*blames Hilljack Missouri Cardinal Fan Shaman*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

48 minutes ago, The Six said:

Wait for a Game 7.

If you are referring to Boudreau, yeah, I know.   I can't doubt the hire since the Wild were such a frustrating, miserable, inconsistent bunch under Yeo.   We'll see.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, The Six said:

Wait for a Game 7.

The current team (give or take a few players) have won a game 7 before. They've also won a game 6 at home after winning a game 5. That's something the Ducks struggled with. We'll see what happens this year, but I'm not 100% positive that everything was all on Boudreau... I mean, the Caps still haven't made it past the second round with Ovi, so...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Well, I do, so I love that they look like clueless turds again. It'd been a few weeks.

I don't want to give them any credit for pissing me off.  They're not worth that.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The current team (give or take a few players) have won a game 7 before. They've also won a game 6 at home after winning a game 5. That's something the Ducks struggled with. We'll see what happens this year, but I'm not 100% positive that everything was all on Boudreau... I mean, the Caps still haven't made it past the second round with Ovi, so...

Yes, that's something the Ducks struggled with... because all those times were under Boudreau

Trust us. We've been there. The regular season is fun with Bruce. It's very fun. So fun that there's no way to even possibly think of what will lie ahead... but don't think it can't happen to you because it can and it will suck... but then you'll tinker, have another fun regular season, and think you can do it the next time and it couldn't possible happen again... but remember that it can and it will suck... but then you'll tinker again, have yet another fun regular season, and think you can definitely do it the next time because someone has to reverse the trend and it surely couldn't happen AGAIN... but know that it can... and it will suck...

We've seen it. We've lived it. Beware.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Baha.  Let's hope he's, uh, learned a thing or two...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Playing with Radulov is doing wonders for Max Pacioretty. He got a hat trick, Radu set him up for 2 of those goals.

I can see why he gets criticism cause when the team struggles he starts to slump with everyone else. But when he has a strong foward to play with and help set plays up, his vision becomes really good. I wish the Habs could let go of the favoritism and promote players according to their abilities.

Let me interrupt the Blues haters for a moment of true class from the Blues organization. Blues retire #5 for Bob Plager - what happened next didn't leave a dry eye in the house.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

1 hour ago, worcat said:

Let me interrupt the Blues haters for a moment of true class from the Blues organization. Blues retire #5 for Bob Plager - what happened next didn't leave a dry eye in the house.

This sounds like it's about to lead into a click bait article.

But in all seriousness, this was a really sweet moment. Kudos to the Blues organization.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

On 2/1/2017 at 1:42 PM, CS85 said:

I don't want to give them any credit for pissing me off.  They're not worth that.

Try living in Saint Louis as a Hawks fan. You'd harbor ill will towards them. I love living here, but many of the Saint Louisians I've met have an inferiority complex when it comes to Chicago in general that gets magnified when the Blues and Blackhawks play. I've dealt with so much crap, some good-natured but much of it not, basically since this current generation of Hawks won their first Cup.

8 hours ago, DDR said:

Try living in Saint Louis as a Hawks fan. You'd harbor ill will towards them. I love living here, but many of the Saint Louisians I've met have an inferiority complex when it comes to Chicago in general that gets magnified when the Blues and Blackhawks play. I've dealt with so much crap, some good-natured but much of it not, basically since this current generation of Hawks won their first Cup.

I've experienced similar situations in behavior but with the Hawks fans instead. I think it's the nature of a heated rivalry and unfortunately every fan base has their rotten eggs. You mentioned that Hawks fans get most of their flack starting with the current generation since they won their first cup. I could see that 100% and I don't disagree. I'll tell you exactly why "those fans" get alot of heat from Blues fans. They are the self proclaimed biggest hawks fan circa 2010 and they won't be ashamed to get in your face and tell you. I understand, your team is good. Damn good and you want every chance to throw it in the Blues face and remind us how many cups you've won since 2010. See a pattern here? I'm addressing the small sample size of "Those fans" when I say this, and it's few and far between when you can find one of them that can carry a conversation about hockey that doesn't start/end at 2010. Ask them if they were a fan during the Belfour/Chelios days, maybe ask who their other favorite players were and there's a blank stare that takes over their person...ummmm Yeah Kane's great! Go Hawks! That's usually the way it goes. Reminding Blues fans that we haven't won a cup doesn't bother me - or alot of friends that are fans. It's something we as fans would one day love to see happen but until then, it's something that's just part of the culture. I'm not saying that all Hawks fans are bad people, they aren't. Same as not all Blues fans are drunk jerks, just a few. I've worn several different teams jerseys when I've gone to games at Scottrade to see how I'd be treated. I can say the worst comment I ever got was from an older gentleman that worked at Scottrade as an usher and it was friendly ribbing. Take it for what you will, I'm not biased but Blues fans are far from being big bad bullies.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The Blues were lost in the wilderness from 2005-2011 and somehow no one seems to remember or hold it against them. "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN MIKE KITCHEN WAS THE HEAD COACH AND WE DRAFTED ERIK JOHNSON OVER TOEWS, STAAL, BACKSTROM, AND KESSEL," said no one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Stupid goddamn Jets, would you believe they hadn't won three games in a row all year until they beat the Stars the other night? (Okay, you would.) So they're going for four today against the Avalanche, who are one of the worst teams we've seen post-2005. So because the Jets are forever the Jets, they're down two goals early in the third. And also, whoever's doing radio play-by-play for the Jets is terrible. And also also, I heard a radio commercial that I cannot even begin to adequately describe to you, so I hope against hope that there's a Manitoban here who can vouch for me here: it's a jingle that goes "if you want to have sex with me, you'll have to get a vasectomy," and it's about five times worse than you think.

EDIT: all these commercials are weird af, they just had a mattress commercial inspired by Sprockets

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Stupid goddamn Jets, would you believe they hadn't won three games in a row all year until they beat the Stars the other night? (Okay, you would.) So they're going for four today against the Avalanche, who are one of the worst teams we've seen post-2005. So because the Jets are forever the Jets, they're down two goals early in the third. And also, whoever's doing radio play-by-play for the Jets is terrible. And also also, I heard a radio commercial that I cannot even begin to adequately describe to you, so I hope against hope that there's a Manitoban here who can vouch for me here: it's a jingle that goes "if you want to have sex with me, you'll have to get a vasectomy," and it's about five times worse than you think.

EDIT: all these commercials are weird af, they just had a mattress commercial inspired by Sprockets

Not just that, the Avalanche are easily the worst home team in the league on top of that. Even Vancouver who sucks on the road, beat them last week.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived