SabresRule7361

2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

1,219 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Really? I understand taking responsability, but I hope he also cuts himself some slack. This just got even more weird...

 

 

I like it. At least we know he cares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I like it. At least we know he cares.

I like it because it makes his teammates work harder to help a f'n guy who dishes in 4 f'n goals.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked what I saw last night, even if the result didn't produce a win. Jones, Murray, and this Werenski kid were making passes out of the zone that I've only ever seen from other teams. The forwards are talented enough as one big group to do things with those passes that if they play better defense in their own zone they won't be as bad as last year. 

 

 

One thing I've been looking forward to all offseason, as weird as this sounds, is seeing this dude take his shirt off

 

Cuut-7NXEAAlkep.jpg

 

That's Dancing Kevin. He's lost 161 pounds since January. 

 

Here's what he used to look like:

cbj-fan.png

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I liked what I saw last night, even if the result didn't produce a win. Jones, Murray, and this Werenski kid were making passes out of the zone that I've only ever seen from other teams. The forwards are talented enough as one big group to do things with those passes that if they play better defense in their own zone they won't be as bad as last year. 

 

 

One thing I've been looking forward to all offseason, as weird as this sounds, is seeing this dude take his shirt off

 

Cuut-7NXEAAlkep.jpg

 

That's Dancing Kevin. He's lost 161 pounds since January. 

 

Here's what he used to look like:

cbj-fan.png

 

You would never guess that was the same guy.  Nice to see him drop the weight. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackhawks penalty kill must be worst in the NHL (through 2 games, very bold prediction I know).  There's a lot of Bowman hopefuls out there, and I'm guessing they'd be much more willing to be patient with them if the penalty kill wasn't a floundering mess.  As it is, I don't see Q giving them even a month before the phone is ringing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already with a goal in his Preds debut. Scores on his first shot...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 12, 2016 at 9:52 PM, LMU said:

Quick only lasts a period before being removed for the mystery "lower body injury."

 

This is why I drink.

Out for 3-4 months it appears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Winnipeg Jets are using "Jump" again! Don't tell Ryan Lambert, he'll say only the Coyotes can bring it back!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see the Leafs (finally) retire their honoured numbers.  I grew up always puzzled by not only their honouring numbers, yet doing so while already having had 2 retired numbers.  Bugged me as a kid, nice when things work out.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ice_Cap what does your latest av say?  

'Original in the god damned NHL'??

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't mind the Leafs' retired number policy because it was clear that retirement was saved for players who were killed or suffered a career-ending injury. It's not the worst policy to have if you're gonna commit to it. The Flames derped the whole two-tier system by having retired numbers like anyone else for years and then doing "Forever a Flame" for some guys who deserved bona fide number retirement and others who didn't. It made no sense. 

 

Ice_Cap what does your latest av say?  

'Original in the god damned NHL'??

Only

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Yep. Thought it was fitting to bust it out for the centennial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I didn't mind the Leafs' retired number policy because it was clear that retirement was saved for players who were killed or suffered a career-ending injury. It's not the worst policy to have if you're gonna commit to it. The Flames derped the whole two-tier system by having retired numbers like anyone else for years and then doing "Forever a Flame" for some guys who deserved bona fide number retirement and others who didn't. It made no sense. 

 

Yeah, I thought the Leafs nailed it with their original setup - only retire numbers for guys who's careers ended prematurely, and simply honour everyone else. As a bonus, in a hundred years when teams start running out of 1-99 numbers to use, they'd still have all of theirs. Not anymore, I guess...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind only having one tier- retired numbers -and just being really picky about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don't mind only having one tier- retired numbers -and just being really picky about it.

Yeah, I think that's the real problem, teams getting a little too eager to retire people's numbers. Keith Olbermann covered it pretty well on his last ESPN show, a year and a half ago; he even makes (stretchy, even by his own admission) arguments that the Yankees could conceivably retire every number up to the mid-40s!

Sadly I don't think this video is viewable in America... (Ironic, since his last ESPN show only aired in America!)

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

Yeah, I think that's the real problem, teams getting a little too eager to retire people's numbers. Keith Olbermann covered it pretty well on his last ESPN show, a year and a half ago; he even makes (stretchy, even by his own admission) arguments that the Yankees could conceivably retire every number up to the mid-40s!

Sadly I don't think this video is viewable in America... (Ironic, since his last ESPN show only aired in America!)

That was my show, man. I was so sad to hear it was cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

That was my show, man. I was so sad to hear it was cancelled. 

Yeah, definitely. I'm glad almost every clip of it's on YouTube, though. Keith does great work as a political pundit, but for me he's just so much more entertaining as a sports guy...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... This happened tonight!!! :jawdrop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg0yNY84zHA

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now