2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

Jonathan Toews with 19 points in the last 12 games, 8 of them against Minnesota.

EDIT: 20 and 9.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/20/2017 at 7:42 PM, Ice_Cap said:

The greatest Phoenix/Arizona Coyotes goalie of all time...

GKu56aI.gif

COYOTES 20TH ANNIVERSARY ALL-TIME STARTING SIX (as voted on by the "fans")

FORWARDS: Keith Tkachuk, Jeremy Roenick, Shane Doan - Sure, I can buy those. I know we all think Shane Doan is a clown and he is, but he holds a lot of numbers.

DEFENSE: Teppo Numminen, Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Again, sure. That works.

GOALTENDER: Mike Smith... Not Khabibulin or even Bryzgalov... Mike Smith. That guy. Up there. This guy. Him. Number 1 (although, this is also hero's work)

/franchise

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

13 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Jonathan Toews with 19 points in the last 12 games, 8 of them against Minnesota.

EDIT: 20 and 9.

It appears player 1 has plugged his controller back in.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Whatever his unspecified ailment was, hopefully it's finally healed. Having actual linemates instead of Joel Quenneville's Top Line Cluster :censored: -o-Rama helps a lot, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

11 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

COYOTES 20TH ANNIVERSARY ALL-TIME STARTING SIX (as voted on by the "fans")

FORWARDS: Keith Tkachuk, Jeremy Roenick, Shane Doan - Sure, I can buy those. I know we all think Shane Doan is a clown and he is, but he holds a lot of numbers.

DEFENSE: Teppo Numminen, Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Again, sure. That works.

GOALTENDER: Mike Smith... Not Khabibulin or even Bryzgalov... Mike Smith. That guy. Up there. This guy. Him. Number 1 (although, this is also hero's work)

/franchise

To be fair, there is also this...

Image result for mike smith goal gif

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

5 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Bob Essensa.

This is Yotes history were talking about, not Jets history! Essensa played one year as a Yote, had a mediocre record & was never a elite goalie, only average. I personally give the best Yote tender award to Khabibulin, but "Mr. Embellishment" (My own personal nickname for Mike Smith) is a close second. Funny how both goalies played for Tampa Bay & I have a pal who owns jerseys of both tenders as he's a huge Bolts fan. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

3 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

This is Yotes history were talking about, not Jets history! Essensa played one year as a Yote, had a mediocre record & was never a elite goalie, only average. I personally give the best Yote tender award to Khabibulin, but "Mr. Embellishment" (My own personal nickname for Mike Smith) is a close second. Funny how both goalies played for Tampa Bay & I have a pal who owns jerseys of both tenders as he's a huge Bolts fan. 

I love Bishop, Puppa was our first legitimate goalie, and Roloson had a stellar, small, peak but the Bulin Wall begins and ends the discussion of all time Tampa goalie. 

Smith was always a bit of an enigma here, flashes but then injury. Played great in his last few appearances in Lightning colors in ECF. 

The backup on that theoretical all time team? Shady 80. Awesome dude.

edit: Sean Burke completes a Tampa-Phoenix goalie hat trick. 

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Toews and Kane with back-to-back hat tricks, Kane and Forsberg both tricked tonight. So there are goals this season after all!

On the Puck Podcast last week, they said that there are more games with 10 (I think) goals or more, even though scoring is down overall.  So a regular game is even more boring than the average numbers show.

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

On the Puck Podcast last week, they said that there are more games with 10 (I think) goals or more, even though scoring is down overall.  So a regular game is even more boring than the average numbers show.

Scoring is down? That surprises me. I've actually felt like with all the youths the games have been faster, but at the same time more mistake heavy. Maybe I've just been watching too many Leafs games. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, cmm said:

The Islanders are no longer butt.

For real. A positive goal differential, now sitting in a playoff spot, with a game in hand on Boston. and you get to play the Bye Week Blue Jackets tomorrow so congratulations on winning tomorrow night's game. Florida is healthy now and they'd worry me more than the Bruins. The Flyers are done, which is hilarious because Lambert said a Blue Jackets-Flyers playoff series would be a short victory for the Flyers. Haha what a stupid idiot!

The Blue Jackets dropped to WC1 while they've been off, which I actually would probably prefer because then we could avoid the metro division until the conference finals and how silly is this playoff format? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

For real. A positive goal differential, now sitting in a playoff spot, with a game in hand on Boston. and you get to play the Bye Week Blue Jackets tomorrow so congratulations on winning tomorrow night's game. Florida is healthy now and they'd worry me more than the Bruins. The Flyers are done, which is hilarious because Lambert said a Blue Jackets-Flyers playoff series would be a short victory for the Flyers. Haha what a stupid idiot!

The Blue Jackets dropped to WC1 while they've been off, which I actually would probably prefer because then we could avoid the metro division until the conference finals and how silly is this playoff format? 

I concur. 

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Scoring is down? That surprises me. I've actually felt like with all the youths the games have been faster, but at the same time more mistake heavy. Maybe I've just been watching too many Leafs games. 

McDavid is probably going to win the scoring race, but he's on pace to win it with only 91. That's not as bad as the time Jamie Benn The Slack-Jawed Yokel won it with 87 but I'm pullin' for the kid to break 100 the way God intended. That or Kane surging ahead of him, that'd be cool too I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived