2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

Caps grind out a 1-0 win over New Jersey. 14th straight win at home, haven't lost at Verizon Center in 2017. 

Also side note: where would the Devils be were it not for Cory Schneider? Dude's a beast, probably one of the top 5 goalies in the league right now. 

spacer.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was really cool to see.  Very moving.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

where would the Devils be were it not for Cory Schneider?

In any year other than this turtle derby of an NHL season, probably in the same 14th place they're in with him now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

There's lot of odd trades and agreements when it comes to expansion drafts.  I'm sure the Penguins will expose Fleury if he's able to be exposed.  If he has to be protected, I'm sure Pittsburgh would like to talk Vegas into a "If you take on Fleury, we'll give you these picks or prospects" deal.

This doesn't make sense. how could vegas take him if he has to be protected?

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Why the hell would you trade that guy? 

Il ne parle pas Francais

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

29 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I think it was deeper than that. He caused some issues in the locker room. In the long run, it'll hurt, but Weber gives us a leader and a better shot to win now.

Try not to torch too much of downtown when you lose in 6 to the 4th place team in the Metro Division in round 1.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

5 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I think it was deeper than that. He caused some issues in the locker room. In the long run, it'll hurt, but Weber gives us a leader and a better shot to win now.

Most players said they'd miss him.

At the beginning of the season, Weber went on a tear at the same time that Subban was in a slump. Many Canadiens fans started getting on board with Shea, which led to the #PKWho hashtag becoming a thing amongst Canadiens fans.

That didn't last long though. As the season progressed, Subban started to pick up the pace where he left off. According to several news analysts, Subban currently has the advantage in points and a couple of other aspects of the game, and we're only at year one. That said, with people realizing early that this wasn't a brillant move, the heat is back on Bergevin and especially Therrien. Bergevin's reputation seems to have been tarnished in a manner that cannot be wiped off. Unless Weber goes on an astronomical tear during the playoffs and scores a huge number of goals from the point, Bergevin will forever be known as the guy who traded PK Subban.

4 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Well, they're already the Scouts, so he's on his way!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Another good thing about Howie Rose doing Islanders games was how much of the workload he shared with Jiggs.

Jets shut out the Blues, who have now lost five straight in regulation but won't admit they've packed it in. I'd love to see the Jets rattle off like eight in a row and get all these talented guys into the playoffs but let's see if they can even win three in a row.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived