SabresRule7361

2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

1,090 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Tonight's game in Vancouver felt like a Habs home game. Is this why Tampa Bay banned Canadiens jerseys from their building?

Oof, fact check to aisle 5. 

Habs apparel was banned from the most premium club seats (not much hockey apparel there at all, but I digress), not from the building. 

Generally speaking, the ones who come down here rival the degenerates from Philly and Boston. That's why. I can see both sides. 

Get back out of the league, asswipe

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, The Six said:

Is this an actual controversy? Every article I've seen just says "some" are angry, but there's nothing resembling an actual quote from anyone who's against this. Is this fake news? Are we just drumming up outrage over an imaginary group of people's outrage?

WHO'S ACTUALLY AGAINST THIS?

Pittsburgh sports media has been frothing about it, because it's Lemieux country and Pittsburgh is America's second-dumbest sports media market, behind Boston.

7 people like this

The media is Pittsburgh is simply drumming up attention as per usual.

I've seen more misleading and dumb articles in my time than this.

This is simply a leaf in the gutter of sports media.

1 person likes this

I went to school in Pittsburgh. Great city, nice people. But my time there made me hate their sports teams.

1 person likes this

Getzlaf went halfway down the ice to fight Panik, fell down on the way there, then fell down again before he could even land any meaningful blows. Got a 2-5-10 for his troubles. Now their leading scorer basically won't play the whole second frame. Hockey, Carlyle Style!

Admiral, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but what has been the biggest problem the Ducks have had in recent years; losing at home in Game 7 in the playoffs, right?

Carlyle is doing a brilliant job, because, thanks to his methods, and playing style, and various other assorted Carlyle-y things, he has helped to ensure the Ducks won't have any home Game 7's to worry about. 

2 people like this

Carlyle wins 1-0. Indian Heads needed more truculence.

Maybe try scoring next time.

A big win for San Jose versus Das Kapitals, yet they come out and have a snakebitten performance versus a Nashville, who they should've beaten, or at the very least, take a loser point front. Hopefully they can rebound tonight.

Also, I got to feel bad for Minnesota always eating it on the chin when they encounter Chicago. They always seem like they've taken the next step for the limelight and yet, there's Toews and Kane knocking them back down a notch. 

6 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

A big win for San Jose versus Das Kapitals, yet they come out and have a snakebitten performance versus a Nashville, who they should've beaten, or at the very least, take a loser point front. Hopefully they can rebound tonight.

Also, I got to feel bad for Minnesota always eating it on the chin when they encounter Chicago. They always seem like they've taken the next step for the limelight and yet, there's Toews and Kane knocking them back down a notch. 

I still don't get it. We can beat any team no problem but we can never beat the blackhawks

6 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

It was Crawford today... It always baffles me how one player is usually the difference in the Wild-Hawk games. Not multiple players, just one. Last time is was Toews and his hat-trick, and this time is was Crawford with an outstanding game. 

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

It always baffles me how one player is usually the difference in the Wild-Hawk games. Not multiple players, just one.

:/ Kane and Panarin knocked your goaltender out of the game in five minutes.

1 person likes this

If the Blues can beat the Blackhawks when it counts as they did last spring, why can't the Wild?

Because the Blackhawks that year had Trevor van Riemsdyk at #4 defenseman instead of #6 and an AHL defenseman coughed up a puck in the crease to Troy Brouwer in the third period of a Game 7. The Blues were moments of gross incompetence away from still blowing it.

44 minutes ago, the admiral said:

:/ Kane and Panarin knocked your goaltender out of the game in five minutes.

The Hawks were quicker to 2 then the Bulls today.

2 people like this

hahahahaha this is like when they won more games at Soldier Field than the Bears.

1 person likes this

And you Wild fans keep not listening to me when I say the Wild are going to lose to the Blackhawks in round two. The case keeps being made.

Elsewhere, where Boudreau's two previous disappointments played, the Ducks celebrated the 10-year anniversary of their Stanley Cup by waking up Getzlaf and Perry to put 5 behind Braden Holtby. Bad trip for the Capitals. And maybe the Ducks turning a bit of a corner over the last few? Hard maybe, but I have some confidence. Some.

That Keith pass to Hossa lubricated me for a solid couple hours.

If someone could stop the Flames, that would be nice. I have absolutely no confidence in the Oilers against the Sharks in the first round, while I could see them topping either Anaheim or Calgary, the latter quite easily.