2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getzlaf went halfway down the ice to fight Panik, fell down on the way there, then fell down again before he could even land any meaningful blows. Got a 2-5-10 for his troubles. Now their leading scorer basically won't play the whole second frame. Hockey, Carlyle Style!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Admiral, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but what has been the biggest problem the Ducks have had in recent years; losing at home in Game 7 in the playoffs, right?

Carlyle is doing a brilliant job, because, thanks to his methods, and playing style, and various other assorted Carlyle-y things, he has helped to ensure the Ducks won't have any home Game 7's to worry about. 

spacer.png

A big win for San Jose versus Das Kapitals, yet they come out and have a snakebitten performance versus a Nashville, who they should've beaten, or at the very least, take a loser point front. Hopefully they can rebound tonight.

Also, I got to feel bad for Minnesota always eating it on the chin when they encounter Chicago. They always seem like they've taken the next step for the limelight and yet, there's Toews and Kane knocking them back down a notch. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

6 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

A big win for San Jose versus Das Kapitals, yet they come out and have a snakebitten performance versus a Nashville, who they should've beaten, or at the very least, take a loser point front. Hopefully they can rebound tonight.

Also, I got to feel bad for Minnesota always eating it on the chin when they encounter Chicago. They always seem like they've taken the next step for the limelight and yet, there's Toews and Kane knocking them back down a notch. 

I still don't get it. We can beat any team no problem but we can never beat the blackhawks

6 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

It was Crawford today... It always baffles me how one player is usually the difference in the Wild-Hawk games. Not multiple players, just one. Last time is was Toews and his hat-trick, and this time is was Crawford with an outstanding game. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

34 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

It always baffles me how one player is usually the difference in the Wild-Hawk games. Not multiple players, just one.

:/ Kane and Panarin knocked your goaltender out of the game in five minutes.

Because the Blackhawks that year had Trevor van Riemsdyk at #4 defenseman instead of #6 and an AHL defenseman coughed up a puck in the crease to Troy Brouwer in the third period of a Game 7. The Blues were moments of gross incompetence away from still blowing it.

And you Wild fans keep not listening to me when I say the Wild are going to lose to the Blackhawks in round two. The case keeps being made.

Elsewhere, where Boudreau's two previous disappointments played, the Ducks celebrated the 10-year anniversary of their Stanley Cup by waking up Getzlaf and Perry to put 5 behind Braden Holtby. Bad trip for the Capitals. And maybe the Ducks turning a bit of a corner over the last few? Hard maybe, but I have some confidence. Some.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

That Keith pass to Hossa lubricated me for a solid couple hours.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If someone could stop the Flames, that would be nice. I have absolutely no confidence in the Oilers against the Sharks in the first round, while I could see them topping either Anaheim or Calgary, the latter quite easily.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

C61cJHnU4AAvKL0.jpg

The Flyers had 7 power plays to the Jackets 2. Five of them were in the long change second period, one of them was a 5 on 3 and one of them was 4 minutes and they still managed to get outshot. 

Ryan Lambert in December, quite dickishly: "The Flyers would easily beat the Blue Jackets in a very short playoff series". The Flyers have 24 fewer points. Hahaha what a stupid a***ole! 

44 wins and 94 points are franchise records, BTW. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

C61cJHnU4AAvKL0.jpg

The Flyers had 7 power plays to the Jackets 2. Five of them were in the long change second period, one of them was a 5 on 3 and one of them was 4 minutes and they still managed to get outshot. 

Ryan Lambert in December, quite dickishly: "The Flyers would easily beat the Blue Jackets in a very short playoff series". The Flyers have 24 fewer points. Hahaha what a stupid a***ole! 

44 wins and 94 points are franchise records, BTW. 

And one point currently out of first place in the entire league, in MARCH. What a year this has been up to this point!

Archived