SabresRule7361

2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

1,087 posts in this topic

Patrick Kane is back in front of the scoring race, at least until McDavid picks up a point in the Oilers game.

15 hours ago, The Six said:

The Lambert hate on this board is almost as bad as the Patriots hate.

the difference is he sucks and is annoying while the Patriots are just annoying. 

Case in point, because I just noticed this: "Moreover, they’re only 12-13-6 in regulation over the last 31 games, which is also a little bit worrying."

It's worrying because he's fudged the numbers so they look worse than they actually are. 1 He's including overtime losses in a stat about regulation wins. That's really fair. And 2. They have 6 OTL losses all season, not just in their last 31 so that's just flat out incorrect. What he means to say is they have 12 regulation wins in their last 31, which sounds bad, but their actual record in the last 31 games is 16-13-2, which is hardly the collapse he wants to present here. If you isolate a sample of games and remove overtime wins while leaving in their full season overtime losses every team will look worse than they are. I'm waiting for him to say "if you throw out their 44 wins they're only 0-18-6 on the season. That's a little bit worrying". That's his stupid logic taken to its hyperbolic end. 

And besides that they're 7-2-1 in their most recent 10 and appear to have fixed the issues that led to the post-streak dip. He's being purposely misleading because he sucks. I mean that in the sense that he's literally bad at what he does for a living. 

6 people like this

17 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

For what it's worth, PK Subban is the most popular Predators player, and by far.  Just walking around the arena last night, there's more Subban jerseys/shirts than any other player, he got the loudest cheer in the announcement of the starting lineup, and he gets the loudest cheers and "ooohs" whenever he has the puck.

Subban was exceedingly popular in Montreal, too, just not with the general manager who seems to think their arena is haunted by the ghost of Howie Morenz. Congratulations to the Nashville faithful for having real-ass talent to recognize and not just a score of plugs from Milwaukee.

1 person likes this

I'm giving the league the opportunity to disappoint me, because it's so dumb that I refuse to believe it until it's official.

Why would the NHL playing an outdoor game with two of the least popular teams in the league?

The logic behind that decision is baffling. If any New York team could draw a large audience in an outdoor game it would be the Rangers.

At this point the NHL is just giving these outdoor games to anyone who wants one.

Let's just kill the classic and just play the one game in Ottawa.

It's a typo. It will be Rangers-Sabres. Because if any team should host a Winter Classic on Long Island, it should be the Sabres (the Rangers' lease doesn't allow them to give up a home game, and it's not like there's a team on Long Island with a star player and history).

So anybody got a pick for the hart trophy? Imo I think Crosby is going to win it.

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Still, a strange match up to me.

The NHL really wanted to get one in New York City, and the Rangers are obviously the big draw of the three teams in the area. The problem is they're not allowed to give up a home game without risking millions of dollars in tax breaks (the Islanders and Devils don't have that issue with their leases, which is why those teams served as hosts at the games at Chase Headley Stadium a few years back). So to get the Rangers in a Winter Classic in New York, the options are Rangers at Islanders, Rangers at Devils, or Rangers "at" someone else. Apparently the league decided that the Sabres would be a bigger draw for NBC than the Isles or Devils, and since the Sabres play in New York State, having them serve as the home team on Long Island wouldn't be as big a stretch as, say, the Flyers or Caps or Bruins even though those teams are closer to Queens than Buffalo is. The league will spin it as a nod to the 10th anniversary of the first Winter Classic in Buffalo, but that's BS.

(It's possible that the city and MSG worked something out allowing the Rangers to serve as the home team, but I haven't heard anything like that. And if that were the case, I'd image they would've picked a sexier opponent than the Sabres since they wouldn't have to make a case for an out-of-town team serving as the home team.)

The outdoor games reached their zenith with the Dodger Stadium game. Nothing else needed to be done. Retire the Winter Classic and move on.

It makes a :censored: -ton of money. The end.

2 people like this

On 3/15/2017 at 7:26 PM, Solaris said:

Why would the NHL playing an outdoor game with two of the least popular teams in the league?

The logic behind that decision is baffling. If any New York team could draw a large audience in an outdoor game it would be the Rangers.

At this point the NHL is just giving these outdoor games to anyone who wants one.

Let's just kill the classic and just play the one game in Ottawa.

I've long predicted that eventually the NHL will go to the other extreme, by just giving every team one outdoor game per season (or maybe even two - one home and one away, to allow every team to actually host one). That still seems much more likely than doing away with them.

1 person likes this

Blue Jackets are going dancing!

3 people like this

Jared Bednar would have been fired if everyone in Avalanche management didn't report to a drinking bird at a keyboard.

fe12e4076ee9bbca0c3008844cc70eee.jpg

haha what a bunch of stupid a******s!

1 person likes this