SabresRule7361

2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

1,076 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

McDavid had an absolutely crazy game for the Oilers last night but lost the game 4-3 because that's Big Beige for you.

(Big Beige?)

With his beautiful goal and the Oilers outshooting the Ducks 15-3 at one point, I thought it was going to be a long night. Ducks then got some timely goals and turned it on to outshoot Edmonton 31-17 the rest of the game. Ducks even gave Edmonton like a minute and a half of 6-on-3 at the end of the game, but the Oilers didn't do a damn thing with it until their 3rd goal on a crazy McDavid pass with 8 seconds left (which was probably offsides anyway, but whatever. 8 seconds left).

I don't know about "Randypuck" but things are really clicking all of a sudden. Rakell is having a monster year, Getzlaf is looking like Getzlaf again, defense has been solid all year, Bernier's been hot. Only 2 points behind San Jose for first now, too. If they can play like this in a month... I don't know, but things are working right now.

Marc Methot's finger got hacked off last night.  That was nasty to see.

The Oilers' magic number is four.

!!!!!!!!!

As in it took four 1st overall picks for them to make the playoffs?

There's a 100% chance that #66 Josh Ho-Seng gets booed everytime he touches the puck tonight, when the Islanders visit the Penguins in Pittsburgh.

8 hours ago, CS85 said:

Marc Methot's finger got hacked off last night.  That was nasty to see.

No penalty, no supplemental discipline. Routine play.

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No penalty, no supplemental discipline. Routine play.

I'm honestly surprised they're not doing something to discipline Crosby.  Methot's going to miss several weeks, apparently.  If this was the other way around, Methot would've been suspended likely multiple games.  

2 people like this

I'm usually not one to tie myself in knots about uneven NHL discipline but dude cut another dude's fingertip off. Take a night off!

2 people like this

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I'm usually not one to tie myself in knots about uneven NHL discipline but dude cut another dude's fingertip off. Take a night off!

I know there would be plenty of disappointed fans who bought tickets to see him play. But I agree with you. Bench him.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

a game after tapping a guy in the bean bag. Give him a game for lifetime achievement. 

1 person likes this

Of course they won't discipline him, he's Crosby. If anyone else does this (including the tap two games ago) they get vilified, called out, and 2-3 minimum. But the NHL won't do anything, because he's Crosby. 

I lost all respect for NHL player safety a while ago, but this sets a new low. Congrats, NHL. 

That overtime and shootout was intense. Thank god we won. We're now in a playoff spot. Let's go Isles!

1 person likes this

Sharks seem to be getting hot just at the right time, but hot in the way like your ass after a really spicy curry.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Sharks seem to be getting hot just at the right time, but hot in the way like your ass after a really spicy curry.

or downing an entire bottle of flashbang hot sauce. 

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Yeah what the hell is going on there? I left the division title for dead a long time ago, now the Ducks and Sharks are tied for first with Edmonton in spitting distance.

Scoring one goal in two games vs Dallas will mean bad things for you.