2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CS85 said:

Marc Methot's finger got hacked off last night.  That was nasty to see.

No penalty, no supplemental discipline. Routine play.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No penalty, no supplemental discipline. Routine play.

I'm honestly surprised they're not doing something to discipline Crosby.  Methot's going to miss several weeks, apparently.  If this was the other way around, Methot would've been suspended likely multiple games.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I'm usually not one to tie myself in knots about uneven NHL discipline but dude cut another dude's fingertip off. Take a night off!

I know there would be plenty of disappointed fans who bought tickets to see him play. But I agree with you. Bench him.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm usually not one to tie myself in knots about uneven NHL discipline but dude cut another dude's fingertip off. Take a night off!

a game after tapping a guy in the bean bag. Give him a game for lifetime achievement. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Of course they won't discipline him, he's Crosby. If anyone else does this (including the tap two games ago) they get vilified, called out, and 2-3 minimum. But the NHL won't do anything, because he's Crosby. 

I lost all respect for NHL player safety a while ago, but this sets a new low. Congrats, NHL. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Sharks seem to be getting hot just at the right time, but hot in the way like your ass after a really spicy curry.

Yeah what the hell is going on there? I left the division title for dead a long time ago, now the Ducks and Sharks are tied for first with Edmonton in spitting distance.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

This walking abortion they've become is kind of simple once you break it down: Boedker can't score, Hertl and Donskoi haven't done anything since returning from injury, the power play is an even worse pile of hot garbage and we keep giving ice time to a sack of crap named Michael Haley.

I didn't expect them to get back to the Finals but I really thought they could get back to the WCF after outplaying the Caps a mere two weeks ago. And yet, they've decided to get complacent/sick/tired at the worst time in the season. It's one thing to suck since January. It gives me time to get used to the failure. But blowing a 9 point lead and getting sodomized by Dallas of all teams?

Go pound sand boys. Play like you give a :censored: of just roll over and die so those who bought season tickets after last years run rush to get refunded money to spend it on the Dubs.

Whatever. I'm going to go drink.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

lrgob.non1.jpg

This stuff will make you forget all about those Sharkies. It'll burn a hole in your wallet, but at least that hole will be smaller than the one the Sharks leave in your heart.

For the record, I'm sticking with beer - milk stouts since spring is coming too soon - but I like the way you roll. Only thing is I haven't found a scotch that isn't heavy handed on the pears. It's okay for a couple sips but I'd much prefer bourbon or Irish whiskey.

TL:DR - They're playing more like Seals, less like Sharks.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Big loss for the Isles tonight. But Josh Hi-Sang has been a pleasure to watch, even today when he was kept off the scoresheet. If he keeps this up, he'll have everyone forgetting about TJ Brodie and Yanick Dupree and the rest of those guys who wore 66 before he did.

Archived