2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

It's over! The Red Wings miss the playoffs!

Aobbv.gif

A moment 25 years in the :censored: making, baby! Tonight, I celebrate the end of an era... by saying what everyone would: DETROIT SUCKS!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Sigh, well, guess we have to deal with stupid goddamn Anaheim being a Cup contender again, huh. I just hope Ducks fans don't have another meltdown when people suggest a team from a smallish Canadian city could give them a fight.

B)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Oh, never mind, the Oilers are probably gonna wear those stupid ugly orange sweaters at home in the playoffs. The Oilers: they're Actually Bad now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

39 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Our long national nightmare is over.

I wish it was more climactic, something like it's the last day of the season and they need 2 points to get in and then lose the last game in a shootout to the Avs or some team like that. Beggars can't be choosers so I'll take anything.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

25 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I wish it was more climactic, something like it's the last day of the season and they need 2 points to get in and then lose the last game in a shootout to the Avs or some team like that. Beggars can't be choosers so I'll take anything.  

Or, like, if with their point total they would've made it if they were still in the Western Conference. :P

2 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

6 Stanley Cup Final appearances, 4 Cups

All while suffering the pain and indignity of playing two road games against the Kings, too!

The favor will be returned by turning PNC Arena into a parking lot. The arc of history is long but bends toward the CCSLC.

Unrelated, but I just want to put it in writing: if Pittsburgh doesn't get its defense together and they face Columbus in the first round, I'm taking Columbus.

Yeah, because the Dead Things represented a period of futility and depression more in line with the 97-07 Blackhawks or 2008-present Avalanche. This is just missing the playoffs.

Archived