Candian Football Association a part of the Major League Football Universe- Vancouver Crusaders & Winnipeg Wolves added

hugevolsfan

OTTAWA CAPITALS
Founded 1891
Based In Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Home Field TD Place
Head Coach Glen Hall
General Manager Stan Bruno
Owner(s) Robert Harvey
Colours Black, Red , & White
Canada's Cup 5

Brief History: Ottawa is the second oldest franchise in league history dating back to the Rugby club that formed in 1891. Ottawa has had a good amount of success over the years especially under current GM Stan Bruno as head coach. He has coached the team on three separate occasions since 1981. His most notable run was in the 90's securing two Canada's Cup championships. In the last decade they have struggled getting the right fit as coach for the club.

Coaching: Head coach Glen Hall seems to be a perfect fit. He was a Bruno's disciple as both player and assistant coach. In is first year at the helm he took them to the playoffs with a 8-10 record and is hoping to improve on that this season. One of the reasons for the optimism is offensive coordinator Jay D'Orazio who has the team on a record setting performance for yards on the season. Defensive coordinator Kent McMahan oversees a very capable unit.

Offence: QB Danny Graziano picked up from the New Jersey Dragons of the MLF Spring League is a huge upgrade over last years starter Paul Dennison. They also use talented back up QB Deonte Bishop in special situations which has helped the offence flourish. Andre Moore is a more than capable running back that is provided a great push on the line by most notably Dillon Grossman. One of the troubles the offence has is getting the ball in the end zone consistently even though WR Bakari Davis has hauled in eigth TD's.

Defence: DE Demetris Jefferson is considered the best player on the team with nine sacks, four forced fumbles, & two interceptions for touchdowns. LB Adam Munoz keeps everything in front of him really well the main problem is the DB's with highly thought of Quentin Phillips struggling.

Logos: The primary is an O with a C in the middle with the national symbol of a maple leaf in the back. The other mark used the most is a partial logo of just the O and C.

Riddell Revo Right Side View copy.png

Riddell Revo Right Side View Alt copy.png

Logo & Uniforms Sheet copy.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how you included a French vibe for Montreal. And is that fleur-de-lis shaped into a crown? If it is, that's really clever.

The presentation and logos are spectacular, no complaints here.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

8 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

I love how you included a French vibe for Montreal. And is that fleur-de-lis shaped into a crown? If it is, that's really clever.

The presentation and logos are spectacular, no complaints here.

Yes it is supposed to look like a crown & M at the same time. Just something I could envision when I came up with the name Montreal Monarchs. Monarchs has been the name of the team for as long as I can remember. Hamilton Huskies, Winnipeg Wolves are the only other two names that have remained all of these years. Some of the other names I had was BC Knights, Edmonton Explorers, Toronto Titans-Bulls over the years.

REGINA RAIDERS
Founded 1903
Based In Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Home Field Mosiac Stadium At Taylor Field
Head Coach Michael Jones
General Manager David Kilmer
Owner(s) Regina Raiders Football Club (Community Shared Owned)
Colours Silver, Green, & White
Canada's Cup 4

Brief History: The Regina Rugby Football Club is the third oldest CFA franchise. Playing in a small market has always led to some struggles but Regina has always stayed in the black. In 1937 Regina offense was called the "Air Raid" as they were really reliant on the deep pass that season. The following year they were renamed the Regina Raiders. They have made several finals of the Canada's Cup championship game but had not won it until 1985. One great season they had was led by former Boston Admirals of the MLF QB John Breaux that ended in a Cup win. GM David Kilmer has built a strong team led by 42 year old head coach Michael Jones.

Coaching: Jones is one of two minority head coaches in the CFA. Former Vancouver head coach Kit Cameron is a very good offensive coordinator while defensive coordinator Chris Washington is an emerging star in the ranks of coaching.

Offence: QB Leon Joseph is having a career year with 33 TD's & only 8 Ints. They have the one of the best WR duos in Odell Wright and Terrance Watt. The running game is capable with RB Jerome Scott but he excels at catching the ball out of the backfield. The line is also pretty strong let by Jermarcus Fulton.

Defence: The defense has been strong holding teams to the third best points against in the league. The main reasons are the play of DT Darius Adams, LB Derrell Jackson, & CB Brandon Vaughn.

Logos: The logo is an R with motion lines inside an oval which was redesigned in the 1997. The old R logo in a circle is still beloved by fans & is used on the throwbacks.

REG Riddell Revo Right Side View copy.png

REG Riddell Revo Right Side View Throwback.png

Logo & Uniforms Sheet Throwback.png

2 hours ago, mkg74 said:

Love the Raiders look, reminds me so much of the Federals. I think this is my favorite so far. Also, like the Capital alot too especially the road uni's!!

Thanks I did not think about the Federals on this one I was actually was going for the Eagles old colors & came up with this! I think if you liked the Capitals road unis you are going to like Vancouver's look then!

TORONTO TOROS
Founded 1882
Based In Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Home Field BMO Field
Head Coach Marcellus Reed
General Manager Ray Armstrong
Owner(s) Northtel Communications & Ray Armstrong(minority owner)
Colours Toronto Blue, Gray, & White
Canada's Cup 11

Brief History: Toronto is the oldest franchise in the CFA even though the club folded after the 2000 season because of the MLF expanding into Canada with the Toronto Rhinos.. The Rhinos have never caught on with the fan base because of bad management and many losing seasons. It is expected they will relocate in the next year to Las Vegas, San Antonio, or Los Angeles. For 25 years until 1990 the Toros were coached by the all time CFA wins leader Les Snyder who also has won the most Cups with six. The years following were very forgettable culminating with the loss of the team when fan support weakened. In 2003 a petition made the rounds titled bring back "The Big Blue" which resulted in the CFA announcing in 2005 they would expand by two teams in the next ten years. In 2006 the Toronto Toros were resurrected when telecommunication giant Northtel Communications agreed to be the majority owner. Ray Armstrong, the all time winningest coach of the Winnipeg Wolves was hired to be the GM, and he immediately hired former Syracuse University head coach Jim Matthews as his head coach. Matthews went on to lead the team to the 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, & 2015 Canada's Cup. A power struggle with Armstrong and Matthews has went on the last few years culminating in Matthews departure to the expansion Atlantic Mariners. Matthews was given the job of GM and coach after Armstrong decided to take the GM and coach position for Atlantic but changed his mind when he was offered minority ownership of the Toros. In a surprising move Armstrong hired DB coach Marcellus Reed to be head coach.

Coaching: Reed was expected to hire a veteran offensive coordinator but instead promoted QB coach Carson Creenan to the position. They did hire away Vancouver's defensive coordinator Cam Spencer to run the defense. The staff has been praised this season with going 9-1 to start the season but have also been maligned the last five weeks going 1-4 losing three straight.

Offence: 38 year old QB Donald Graves is one of the most accurate passers in CFA history but tore his ACL in the eleventh game of the season. Backup Cody Tyler went 1-1 replacing him as a starter but hurt his shoulder and is not expected to be back until the last game of the season. Rookie Ryan Brannen has lost both of his starts. RB Travon Sutton has not replaced last years Cup MVP Will Powers but is an effective runner. WR's Adonis Walker & Tori Richards are considered the best WR duo in the league only rivaled by Regina's duo of Wright & Watt. They have a great offensive line anchored by All-CFA Everton McKay.

Defense: The defense has helped them stay in games since Graves was injured. Sack master DE Solomon Mitchell has not had the numbers in sack he usually does but he is still a force. All-CFA talents LB Korey Macey & DB Chris McClendon have are considered some of the best at their positions.

Logos: The logo is a T with horns coming out each side.

I like that many of these teams have secondary logos  and they tie into the identities really well

One thing I thought was lacking in the MLF was that many teams didnt have a secondary logos

You mention the Toronto Rhinos moving 

I think thats great because the Toros identity >>> Rhinos identity 

I thought the Rhinos were one of the weaker teams because their logo didnt pop very well

With some possible franchise movement could we see an MLF updated for 2017 by any chance?

6 hours ago, THEANGEL&THEGAMBLER said:

I like that all these teams have secondary logos  and they tie into the identities really well

One thing I thought was lacking in the MLF was that many teams didnt have a secondary logos

You mention the Toronto Rhinos moving 

I think thats great because the Toros identity >>> Rhinos identity 

I thought the Rhinos were one of the weaker teams because their logo didnt pop very well

With some possible franchise movement could we see an MLF updated for 2017 by any chance?

Actually 20 teams had secondary logos in the MLF because Cleveland added one late. The NFL only has 13 teams with a secondary logo that does not include a helmet logo or their primary somewhere in it. 

I have always liked the logo of the Rhinos but that one I struggled with for sure. I do like the Toros identity but they would not have worked in the MLF because of the Houston Bulls as a matter of fiction, the MLF did cause some legal trouble with the CFA when they debuted the new logo and identity in 2006 but it was dropped when the MLF could not explain why they never filed suit about Toronto's old primary logo which was very similar.

That would be the only real change to the MLF which I probably will update once I decide which city gets the franchise and if they will change the identity from the Rhinos. I am not sold on that one yet at all but I am pretty sure it will be Las Vegas because the Stars owner Marc D'Angelo is not going to give up his complete control of LA easily. He is also the most powerful owner in the league which really hurts the chances of another team in LA especially since he helped fund a spring football team called the Los Angeles Vipers. The San Antonio Stampeders of the spring league would probably keep their identity if by the long shot they were chosen as the relocation city. 

4 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

Thanks I did not think about the Federals on this one I was actually was going for the Eagles old colors & came up with this! I think if you liked the Capitals road unis you are going to like Vancouver's look then!

Always will be a complimentary thing when i say peoples work reminds me of USFL teams, that league had some of the greatest looks ever in the history of pro ball. Alot of them surpassed the boring and staid NFL, in my opinion.

Looking foreward to Vancouver, the logo is a masterpeice in my mind already can;t wait to see the full enveiling...

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Just now, ZEGH82 said:

Are you going to make a website like you did for the MLF?

Not sure I may but right now I probably will not... Just don't have that amount of time... I also am working on the spring league which I will post soon...

3 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

Not sure I may but right now I probably will not... Just don't have that amount of time... I also am working on the spring league which I will post soon...

Ah okay. I've been waiting to see the spring league since last year so I'm excited for that.

VANCOUVER CRUSADERS
Founded 1949
Based In Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Home Field BC Place
Head Coach Ron Patrick
General Manager Eric Walters
Owner(s) Ed Fraley
Colours Red, Blue, & White
Canada's Cup 4

Brief History: Vancouver has been a very average team at least in winning percentage as they are right at .500 for their entire existence. Two of their cup wins came with the teams only having 8-10 and 10-8 records. The last two seasons have been only slightly better under former QB Ron Patrick as the team has went 18-14-1. Their best year came in 2005 when they had 14 wins and won the Cup with Patrick as QB.

Coaching: Head coach Ron Patrick is a beloved creature in Vancouver so if the team does not do well most of the blame goes to his assistants. The one that gets the most heat is veteran offensive coordinator Mike Hoffman but defensive coordinator Brad Nelson does get his share of the blame as well.

Offence: QB Malcolm Jones is the former first round pick of the MLF's San Francisco Hawks in 2007. He only started two games in 2007 before tearing up his knee and never could beat out Anthony Blake for the job after coming back from injury. He also never got back to the QB he was pre-injury so all other MLF teams opted not to pick him up in 2010. The last six seasons he has been a consistent player in the CFA with the only problem being his interceptions last season he had 25 this season he has 19. RB Curtis Logan is considered the best at his position but at age 29 is starting to slow down. The line is good with G Nate King leading the way. WR Terrell Spencer is young but really blossoming while Ryan Zinski is a great third down target.

Defence: DE Jabari Hubbs is really strong pass rusher while Rico Knox is a sideline to sideline type of LB. CB Shaq Lee is the most controversial player in the league and has been fined several times for a multitude of transgressions. He is also arguably the most talented player on team at any position.

Logos: The primary is a shield with a V and a crusaders cross in the middle.

Logo & Uniforms Sheet Blue Pants.png

5 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

Beautiful. awesome logo. This just trumped the Raiders as my favorite. I like the Toronto team as well

Thanks I struggled with the BC Knights logo & I was struggling with some teams in the Spring League I am working on so I thought maybe Vancouver would be better name then thought Crusaders would be a better name than Knights so I ended up killing two birds with one stone. I dropped Columbus Crusaders as a team in the Spring League & brought back the old Akron Arrows which also gave me a story.

WINNIPEG WOLVES
Founded 1937
Based In Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Home Field Investors Group Field
Head Coach Wayne Giordano
General Manager Wayne Giordano
Owner(s) Winnipeg Wolves Football Club (Community Shared Owned)
Colours Brown, Gold, & White
Canada's Cup 3

Brief History: Winnipeg is the fourth oldest team but is last in Cup wins excluding Atlantic. GM and head coach Wayne Giordano was brought in to change that with his five cup wins but is 63 years old. The last few years have been up and down with this year being his best.

Coaching: The first step for Giordano was to hire Matt Dutton as offensive coordinator and head coach in waiting. Steve Ritchie was also a priority to get the defense to a championship level.

Offence: Giordano signed free agent QB Anthony Brady from the Toros two years ago after replacing injured Donald Graves and leading them to their second cup. Brady has come on this season after struggling in his first full season as the starter. Brandon Vonn is a competent rusher that catches a lot of passes. Lemar Fuller & Matt Van Doorne are very good combo at WR probably just behind Regina & Toronto. The offensive line needs to fill some holes but has a solid C in Alex Olson.

Defence: The defence for the Wolves is really strong sporting the only two defensive players of the year on the same team with DE Jamar Woods and LB Will Wells. They also sport the two best DB tandem in the league with Domonique Mixon and Corey McDonald.

Logos: The primary is a howling wolf while the secondary is stylized W that had been used as primary for many years.  

Archived