P.I.L.L.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, P.I.L.L. said:

posted the link again and it shows up on my page ?

Jets concept - work in progress...

Couple of critiques:

• The logos are pretty decent, the only thing I would change is the color of the circle from white to red on the logo on the left (and get rid of the thin black outlines that go with it).  It would be a good nod to the Selanne/Tkachuk/Essensa era Jets teams of the first half of the 1990s.
  • The jerseys make absolutely no sense whatsoever.  There is no cohesion with colors or striping in relation to the rest of the set.  Are you presenting this as a black team or a red team?  I'd get rid of the BFBS jersey and stick to the red/white/blue/gray color palette of the one on the right.

QPR%20Sig.png

On 1/11/2018 at 1:24 PM, Whittier S said:

I don't understand the J. Why doesn't the white key line go down into the bowl of the J?

unclear what white line you're talking about?... it's kind of an ongoing rubiks cube attempting to create the illusion of seeing a plane, hockey stick, and puck-engine all at once.

• 5 months later...
On 10/25/2016 at 9:15 PM, P.I.L.L. said:

updated 07/08/18  simpler and cleaner minus gradients on logos... uniforms are another story as I've searched for pre existing hockey jersey templates and haven't found any that I really like... so keep working on my own...  However, if anyone has a specific template in mind, will consider it.

Literally just go to google, this ones good, https://dribbble.com/shots/2564726-Adidas-World-Cup-Template

so is this whole site https://www.icethetics.co/concept-connection/

at at some point you’ve gotta just do the hard work and stop making excuses for yourself.

Excellent!

10 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Solely for the logo, I feel like it would be much improved if you treated it as an update to the old logo. Use the old colour palette and put a red circle behind it.

first crack at realistic hockey sweaters... + logo changes... may actually graduate from the minors. *streaks still a work in progress. Thanks LD, Krzy, and others offering c.c. 

Are there two posts with this same concept? Honestly, I don't like the main logo at all. I can't tell that it's a plane. I first see a mountain, then I see like a "V", then a "J", then I think I'm looking at a knockoff of the Nike logo, then i say to myself that it looks splattered on the jersey.......That's just too many things my mind tries to figure out when looking at something that should be bold and have a sense of balance. There is no balance here besides the red circle.

I'm sorry but it's just way too abstract for my liking. And the colors and jerseys just say "New York Rangers" to me. Then you have a grey outline over the "Jets" shoulder patches, but nowhere else is there any hint of grey. 

Like I said in the other post with the same stuff. Get rid of everything except the wordmark and start over. I wouldn't even worry about the jersey at all yet. I'm just being honest here.

I love the "WINNIPEG" as I said before, but that grey, cloudy outline should be removed in my opinion.

I like the "ETS" part from the "JETS" wordmark, but the "J" just seems too wide and doesn't compliment the other letters very well. Also, the fonts aren't the same for "WINNIPEG" or the "JETS". A sports team should have a recognizable identity, but having two different fonts for the city name, and the team name really doesn't represent a profession organization to me.

Fanfu**ingtastic. Maybe one of the best Jets concepts (if not the best) I have ever seen. I hate the Jets with all my heart but I would genuinely consider getting this jersey.

The template upgrade is better. The logo is awesome. Just really a genius idea with the stick. Much better than their current logo. I think this would work in the NHL. Really love this concept. Way to take the C&C and step it up. Nice work! 

6 hours ago, P.I.L.L. said:

first crack at realistic hockey sweaters... + logo changes... may actually graduate from the minors. *streaks still a work in progress. Thanks LD, Krzy, and others offering c.c. 

Rangers jerseys. The main logo has promise, maybe make the jet more prominent. It was hard for me to tell it was a jet at first.

13 hours ago, P.I.L.L. said:

Much better, though I meant a white circle with a thick red outline. These are Rangers jerseys, if you can edit the template I’d either make them closer to the original Jets designs or make your own design.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 7/9/2018 at 9:26 PM, ldconcepts said:

Much better, though I meant a white circle with a thick red outline. These are Rangers jerseys, if you can edit the template I’d either make them closer to the original Jets designs or make your own design.

Here's another jersey template that seems to fit  1) plane stands out more clearly with white circle / red outline... 2) returned to red puck-engine; contrasts  distinct seperation from the stick and at a distance ... 3) adjusted width of "J" in Jets word mark + white stick tape to be more proportionate to "ets" letters. 4) outline of Jets wordmark silver (rather than grey). thinking white sleeve piping should prob. be silver to match.  Thanks again; LD, Cardsblues, and Toronto for reinforce and assist.  

14 hours ago, P.I.L.L. said:

Here's another jersey template that seems to fit  1) plane def stands out more clearly with white circle / red outline... 2) returned to red puck-engine; contrasts  distinct seperation from a distance ... 3) adjusted width of "J" in Jets word mark + white stick tape to be more proportionate to "ets" letters. 4) outline of Jets wordmark silver (rather than grey). thinking white sleeve piping should prob. be silver to match.  Thanks again; LD, Cardsblues, and Toronto for reinforce and assist.  

Again, much better, I’d continue to work on the jersey execution (TV numbers, reverse stripes and numbers). I’d also continue the white jet outline around the rest of the logo.

Nyzv9xS.png

Looks quite good! The logo is very clever & works really well.

I'd be curious to see this in the Jets' current double blue + silver color scheme, which might match your modern design better.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:28 AM, ldconcepts said:

Again, much better, I’d continue to work on the jersey execution (TV numbers, reverse stripes and numbers). I’d also continue the white jet outline around the rest of the logo.

uniform changes + legacy & current logo - comparison

17 hours ago, P.I.L.L. said:

uniform changes + legacy & current logo - comparison

Almost there. The striping looks great and matches the logo. I would continue the stripes until the end of the sleeve and add TV numbers to the sleeve. Add a matching white jersey, it’ll be perfect.

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived