Go Red Sox!

Hi guys. This is my latest (little) MLB project, a revision of the current Philadelphia Phillies primary mark. I never liked the unused white space above Liberty Bell which has been the main reason to put this redesign into practice. The current Phillies mark maybe isn't one of the most creative or beautiful marks in the MLB, but it's distincitve and therefore has been untouched since 1992. Until now.

Link to the original logo: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/o4lmh7dq5e3uordl7hvk6i3ug/Philadelphia_Phillies/1992/Primary_Logo

Phillies%20logo%20presentation_zpsw1oxsr

Phillies%20primary%20mark_zpssbq7dmzw.pn

Phillies%20secondary%20mark_zpsaqxwhvto.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

The inclusion of the bat stroke was so clean I almost missed that it was a bat. Excellent work. This may be one of my recent favorites of yours. The updated lines and shapes helps tremendously. The only nit that I had was the thickness of the PHILADELPHIA in the top of the bell. With everything else tightened or thickened up the city name felt a little thin in comparison. Personal preference though. Otherwise I think you smashed this update. Great job.

Thanks a lot, guys. Much appreciated as always!

17 hours ago, Steelman said:

The inclusion of the bat stroke was so clean I almost missed that it was a bat. Excellent work. This may be one of my recent favorites of yours. The updated lines and shapes helps tremendously. The only nit that I had was the thickness of the PHILADELPHIA in the top of the bell. With everything else tightened or thickened up the city name felt a little thin in comparison. Personal preference though. Otherwise I think you smashed this update. Great job.

Hi Steelman, thanks a lot!

I didn't want the word "PHILADELPHIA" to horizontally protrude that wooden part of the bell. I chose Futura which was used on the official Philadelphia city flag. I could have used a bolder face of Futura, but it didn't look that clean.

Philadelphia flag.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 2:40 PM, ODUMonarchs said:

Great work! The addition of the bat is brilliant and the addition of the cream really makes the logos pop without overdoing it

Thank you. Much appreciated!

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 11:57 PM, Steelman said:

Ah, I didn't know the tie-in with the city flag. That's a nice touch. In context it makes a lot of sense, not that I thought it looked bad in the first place. Bravo again.

Thanks again, Steelman!

Archived