Seattle Arena

buckeye

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a :censored:show.

News conference to announce KeyArena MOU canceled after new Ed Murray allegations

A planned news conference Tuesday to announce a formal agreement to renovate KeyArena was abruptly canceled after new sexual-abuse accusations surfaced against Seattle Mayor Ed Murray.

No details were made available on when the news conference, to announce a draft Memorandum of Understanding between the city and Los Angeles-based Oak View Group, will be held.

The Seattle Times on Tuesday reported that Murray’s cousin, Joseph Dyer, 54, had come forward alleging he was sexually abused by him at age 13 in the 1970s. Murray denied the allegations.

Murray was to lead the KeyArena news conference alongside OVG co-founder Tim Leiweke.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Horrible news (for the children), but maybe this moves the needle? 

Also, the guy's had 4 accusations. How does he stay on for so long?

I, too, find impossible to believe in our day and age that a person repeatedly accused of abusing others in a sexual manner would be able to hold a prominent elected office.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ed Murray is incredibly well connected (I've met him several times and I'm just me), and when the first accusations came out shortly after Seattle declared itself a sanctuary city, 1. a lot of people assumed it was part of a right wing attack and 2. people were trying to let the facts play out before rushing to judgment.

It got much harder to do that after the second and the third victim spoke out. I had conversations with people in the city government orbit over whether they thought that stuff was true and there was a lot of "I sure hope not, but...."

But by the end of summer, most reaosnable people were shocked he hadn't resigned already. Today is a good day that's come too late.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived