Tampa Bay Bucs players try to draw other teams' logos from memory

Gothamite

Okay, I think we've seen something like this before but I thought this was kind of funny.

Buccaneers team Insider Casey Phillips asks Buccaneers players to draw NFL logos from memory.

A reminder that, as much as we obsess over these details, for the players it's just part of the background noise of their job.

While it's true to some degree that it is part of the "background noise", more than that I think it shows that not many people in general can actually conceptualize and draw something.  I daresay if you asked the players to draw something as innocuous as a "house" or "man" in 30 seconds (much less a sometimes-detailed NFL logo),  they'd not do much more than a kindergarten-level combo of a triangle on top of a square (for a house) or stick figure (for a man).

People on this board are a special breed, with an eye for details, colors and composition.  The Concepts board over the years show that most of us can usually translate that to paper (or screen), which is not a common trait that everyone is born with.

It is what it is.

28 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

While it's true to some degree that it is part of the "background noise", more than that I think it shows that not many people in general can actually conceptualize and draw something.  I daresay if you asked the players to draw something as innocuous as a "house" or "man" in 30 seconds (much less a sometimes-detailed NFL logo),  they'd not do much more than a kindergarten-level combo of a triangle on top of a square (for a house) or stick figure (for a man).

People on this board are a special breed, with an eye for details, colors and composition.  The Concepts board over the years show that most of us can usually translate that to paper (or screen), which is not a common trait that everyone is born with.

I think it's some of each.  Regardless of drawing skills a few renderings gave me the impressing that they'd never even seen the logo.

Both Ravens guys seemed to recall (albeit, one with an older logo).

With the Raiders, they both had a few elements but missed some pretty key things (which I guess you could call details) like the shield.  

The Vikings guys both got facial hair I guess and one did a sloppy "front view" rendition with "horns" I suppose.

I think the Lions was just an example of inability to draw and it was so bad, I cannot even guess as to whether they had a sense of the logo, though the gist of the Lions logo is probably pretty well known.

I tend to think most "regular" fans (i.e., people not like us) would do a bit better with the Raiders and Vikings.  It's probably a combo of the "background noise" comment and the fact that we are the weirdos regarding attention to detail on these things.

EDIT:  ooh, I just noticed there is a PART 2!

BILLS:  One guy spelled out "Bills," which sort of lends itself to Goth's point (unless he kinda knew it and just punted on trying to draw; I am at work with the sound off).  The other drawing looks like almost like a buffaslug, so that guy had some sense...

BRONCOS: I think the one on the left knew the logo; the other one seemed not to.

RAIDERS (AGAIN): Such bad drawing it's hard to comment, but I notice they are 4-for-four on the crossed swords.

FALCONS: Interesting...they both knew it was kind of "the front" of the bird and and the one on the right may have even had a sense that the logo is supposed to invoke an "F" (though the bird's facing the wrong way).

This was pretty funny, actually. And I suppose it's a combo of both points...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived